Steve Hutchinson

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ze9o4tw said:
No thanks, he's washed up.
Well... good, now that he's all washed up, he can make a clean start..er, uh, hmm, :34853_tinfoil: never mind.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":4eg0xtj2 said:
Sign him for a day so he can retire a Seahawk

No thanks. Everytime he comes up it seems 50/50 on whether he wanged the Hawks. Count me firmly in the camp that thinks he and his agent screwed the Hawks on purpose when he had options to get the same $$$ and not hurt Seattle. For that, retire a Viking. Or Titan.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I've never fully understood how Hutch is so hated still. He felt slighted by the organization and decided to go with the money. Ruskell should have paid the man, he deserved it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2utz6d9m said:
I've never fully understood how Hutch is so hated still. He felt slighted by the organization and decided to go with the money. Ruskell should have paid the man, he deserved it.

He signed a poison pill that absolutely screwed Seattle fans and the organization. He was petty and showed his real self in his actions. I don't want him to retire a Seahawk or go into the hall as one. Let him go in as a Viking.

Many Seahawks fans hated Ruskell and not just for that move but they didn't decide to find another team.

Huck Fuch he can join the Rams kicker who left Seattle to play on a winning team and not have to work for "the man".

LTH

Reaction score
I know I differ from a lot of Seahawk fans but IMO that was a good faith move by Ruskell... Stupid, but a good faith move... I blame Hutch for being greedy... I say ditch Him from seahawk history I want nothing to do with him...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2f3wjrp1 said:

How Hutch felt slighted is beyond me basically ruskell was saying go find your worth and we will match it... IMO thats fair... Stupid... but fair...

LTH

HawkFan72

Reaction score
LTH":109qfeg5 said:
OkieHawk":109qfeg5 said:

How Hutch felt slighted is beyond me basically ruskell was saying go find your worth and we will match it... IMO thats fair... Stupid... but fair...

LTH

Absolutely. From everything I have heard or read, it seems like the Hawks wanted to match but the poison pill made it impossible. They wanted to give him the same amount of money as the Vikings.

It wasn't about the money, it was about screwing the Hawks.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3cbxrgyc said:
LTH":3cbxrgyc said:
OkieHawk":3cbxrgyc said:

LTH

Absolutely. From everything I have heard or read, it seems like the Hawks wanted to match but the poison pill made it impossible. They wanted to give him the same amount of money as the Vikings.

So it was the Vikings fault, and not Hutch's. And don't think for one instant that we could have simply paid him and not dealt with the unpleasantness of the poison pill. Blame the league for even allowing stuff like that in the first place. Take a step back and look at this from a more objective standpoint. It's a business, always has been, and we can't fault players for wanting to get paid what they were worth. Hutch was the best LG for his time, and wanted to get paid as such, which the FO didn't want to do.

Furthermore, we were no different when we did the same thing to the Vikings for Burleson, but people tend to overlook that bit of our history. :roll:

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":g7ep9ad5 said:
HawkFan72":g7ep9ad5 said:
LTH":g7ep9ad5 said:
OkieHawk":g7ep9ad5 said:

LTH

Furthermore, we were no different when we did the same thing to the Vikings for Burleson, but people tend to overlook that bit of our history. :roll:

Which was pretty much to show the ridiculousness of these kind of deals and after that they got banned. And You trying to say it's the Vikings' fault and not Hutchinson's is just ridiculous.. He wasn't forced to sign.

LTH

Reaction score
OkieHawk":df6bsoo4 said:
HawkFan72":df6bsoo4 said:
LTH":df6bsoo4 said:
OkieHawk":df6bsoo4 said:

LTH

So it was the Vikings fault, and not Hutch's. And don't think for one instant that we could have simply paid him and not dealt with the unpleasantness of the poison pill. Blame the league for even allowing stuff like that in the first place. Take a step back and look at this from a more objective standpoint. It's a business, always has been, and we can't fault players for wanting to get paid what they were worth. Hutch was the best LG for his time, and wanted to get paid as such, which the FO didn't want to do.

I guess everybody is going to have their own opinion but I personally think Hutch's agent was the greedy one and probably led hutch to believe the hawks intentions were different than they were... Still IMO its on Hutch as he has the final word... No Seahawk retirement for Hutch IMO...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
As I remember it this was the begining of the end for Holmgren who was on vacation when he heard Ruskell transitioned Hutch and then lost him to the vikings... Gee I dont think I would have wanted to be with in 100 miles of Holmy... Must have been quite the conversation between him a Ruskell when he got back...

Latest posts