Now that Pete is no longer HC, do we roll with Geno?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Interested to hear what the overall consensus here is now that Pete is no longer the head coach. Will he "advise" the new coach to roll with Geno?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Depends on the coach and what moves are made. I suspect not but definitely gone sooner than later.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Maybe, I'd be down if it meant we actually fixed the defense, BUT this is the draft for Qb's.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My view is the team attempts to renegotiate his deal and if he objects then it's time to say so long.

So my answer is No GEE-NO.

OK, PERHAPS A POSSIBLE MAYBE.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They PROBABLY* should.

There's untapped potential in Geno if we put him in an offense that can move the ball more consistently and isn't as disjointed. It's not a bad QB contract whatsoever if you look at it.

There's no reason to rush here.

*I have no idea who the new coach or coaches will be. That has a really, really heavy influence on whether or not they should keep him.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think it's time IMHO to start fresh..meaning, time to let Geno go. It's time for fresh blood, the timing is right, we'll have new coaches, who may want to go in a different direction altogether anyways. What was Pete's plan will be totally different with a new coach in hand. Geno is a great place holder, forever grateful for playing his heart out..no doubt. It's safe to say, he'll get us through, but not necessarily over the top. Let's roll with a new QB with the new coaches and see how it goes. I'm for one ready for change and they made that a reality when they let Pete go. Just my 2 cents and that is all.

Boycie

Reaction score
They PROBABLY* should.

There's untapped potential in Geno if we put him in an offense that can move the ball more consistently and isn't as disjointed. It's not a bad QB contract whatsoever if you look at it.

There's no reason to rush here.

*I have no idea who the new coach or coaches will be. That has a really, really heavy influence on whether or not they should keep him.
I agree. Geno has shown he can make the throws that it takes in the NFL, and he has low miles on him. A new coach and gameplan probably opens up more potential.

renofox

Reaction score
For those wanting to move on from Geno, please tell me who you would replace him with to improve the Seahawks. Please only list replacements that would cost less than $22.5M as that is both his salary and the amount of cap that would be saved with his release.

Also don't forget that we must have a replacement lined up before 5 days after the SB because Geno's 2024 salary becomes guaranteed on that date.

tldr; Geno will be here for the 2024 season.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Geno just doesn't have it upstairs. Plus, there will be a new offense introduced so Geno's advantage of being here for a long time is over.

Might as well keep lock for 7 million and dump Geno.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I could see letting Geno go to offset the Adams cap hit. Maybe they will rework Tyler Lockett's contract to keep him around a bit longer. Sad, but we may have also seen Bobby's last game as a Seahawk. Truly an end to an era.

WarHawks

Reaction score
For those wanting to move on from Geno, please tell me who you would replace him with to improve the Seahawks. Please only list replacements that would cost less than $22.5M as that is both his salary and the amount of cap that would be saved with his release.

Also don't forget that we must have a replacement lined up before 5 days after the SB because Geno's 2024 salary becomes guaranteed on that date.

tldr; Geno will be here for the 2024 season.
1 td per game is not hard to replace. Just about any good rookie should be able to do that, and hopefully a lot more, and a lot cheaper too.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Geno did as well as he did in part because of his familiarity with the system in place. Could he learn a new system in a few months? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet more than $20M on it. On the other hand, if you bring in someone to take his place that guy will have to learn a new system too, so...
I'd think hard about letting Geno, keeping Lock, and draft a QB in this year AND next year draft, but we HAVE TO FOCUS on fixing the trenches.