Paralysis Through Analysis

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The whole Wilson contract debate is totally pointless and a waste of time.

No one knows what the real status is. Lots of people want you to think they know. Lots of conjecture gets tossed around as truth. Ignore ALL of it.

He's going to sign or he's going to leave, but if he leaves it's after at least TWO MORE SEASONS. Good Lord why consume so much time and energy worrying about a player leaving in 2017. If he wants a bunch of money that someone else is wiling to pay him then I'll be sad to see him go, but I'll still root like hell for whomever is put in to replace him.

Yeah yeah, don't give me a bunch of analysis about market value and fair contact and blah blah blabh -- I've heard all sides. I'm just saying I know who our QB is through 2016 and I'm not going to allow myself to be drawn a culture of fear.

So why post this? Because i think a LOT of people feel the same way. And I really would like to get around to talking actual football.

Go Hawks!

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3j6mkrl1 said:

No one knows what the real status is. Lots of people want you to think they know. Lots of conjecture gets tossed around as truth. Ignore ALL of it.

He's going to sign or he's going to leave, but if he leaves it's after at least TWO MORE SEASONS. Good Lord why consume so much time and energy worrying about a player leaving in 2017. If he wants a bunch of money that someone else is wiling to pay him then I'll be sad to see him go, but I'll still root like hell for whomever is put in to replace him.

Yeah yeah, don't give me a bunch of analysis about market value and fair contact and blah blah blabh -- I've heard all sides. I'm just saying I know who our QB is through 2016 and I'm not going to allow myself to be drawn a culture of fear.

So why post this? Because i think a LOT of people feel the same way. And I really would like to get around to talking actual football.

Go Hawks!

:13:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He'll sign because it's his best option he will get north of 22 but not over 24 and damn it that's more than fair it makes him the highest paid QB.. Now if just wants to see free agency and play for the highest bidder and go A-Rod on us well adios bro.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I agree. In the end a contract will be done until then it really does not matter.

If it was me I sign him now to a 6 year, top dollar contract that will set the market for those after him. Then in 2 years we can say wow we got on the cheap again :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2inyw31w said:
He'll sign because it's his best option he will get north of 22 but not over 24 and damn it that's more than fair it makes him the highest paid QB.. Now if just wants to see free agency and play for the highest bidder and go A-Rod on us well adios bro.

And I'm not going to lose sleep either way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1z9mhgcq said:

Go Hawks!
Yep. Can't wait until we can talk football again instead of this contract and off field minutia.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1aarrs9i said:

Go Hawks!

:thirishdrinkers:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3sfjgbhb said:
He's going to sign or he's going to leave, but if he leaves it's after at least TWO MORE SEASONS.

I wish it could be that simple.

This assumes that we use the exclusive franchise tag, paying Wilson $25+ million next season and $30+ million the year after that.

Other people, like John Clayton, think we would use the less expensive, non-exclusive tag, but that would allow Wilson to negotiate terms with other teams. Meaning, nothing is for sure beyond this season.

Rocket

Reaction score
I believe in the future.

I believe we shouldn't dwell on things of which we have no control nor even knowledge, other than the ravings of money-hungry lunatics masquerading as writers. I believe that a day will come that we will no longer be obsessed with such things, of salary and of contracts, but we will be obsessed with YAC and DVOA and QBR. We will cheer the agility and toughness of the Beast. We will cheer the court sense and sheer acceleration of Earl, the explosive impacts of Kam and of Bobby, the altitude and dexterity of Jimmy, the deftness and anger of Doug and the eyes and outstretched fingertips of Sherm... and I am positive that Russ will get a salary worthy of the influence and abilities of his agent.

Finally, I am assured that we will cheer our quarterback, whomever he or she may be at the time. Until then, sit back and watch game replays, but only those in which we win !!!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rocket":k2xpvcuc said:
I believe in the future.

I believe we shouldn't dwell on things of which we have no control nor even knowledge, other than the ravings of money-hungry lunatics masquerading as writers. I believe that a day will come that we will no longer be obsessed with such things, of salary and of contracts, but we will be obsessed with YAC and DVOA and QBR. We will cheer the agility and toughness of the Beast. We will cheer the court sense and sheer acceleration of Earl, the explosive impacts of Kam and of Bobby, the altitude and dexterity of Jimmy and the eyes and outstretched fingertips of Sherm... and I am positive that Russ will get a salary worthy of the influence and abilities of his agent.

Finally, I am assured that we will cheer our quarterback, whomever he or she may be at the time. Until then, sit back and watch game replays, but only those in which we win !!!

Not QBR . . . ESPN's frankenmonster stat with little relevance to anything, except superior OL play, a parallel universe where Tony Romo is the best QB in the league.

:pukeface:

Edit- Sorry for the anti-QBR rant.

Rocket

Reaction score
hawknation2015":c810u2c9 said:
:pukeface:

Edit- Sorry for the anti-QBR rant.

Oh sure... suck up now.
;)

is it just me, or are we chalk full of those who can't see the forest for the capillaries???

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2o9mdoxt said:

Go Hawks!
Post of the season so far. :th2thumbs:

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":13rdka3t said:
Hawkstorian":13rdka3t said:
He's going to sign or he's going to leave, but if he leaves it's after at least TWO MORE SEASONS.

This assumes that we use the exclusive franchise tag, paying Wilson $25+ million next season and $30+ million the year after that.

Other people, like John Clayton, think we would use the less expensive, non-exclusive tag, but that would allow Wilson to negotiate terms with other teams. Meaning, nothing is for sure beyond this season.

Hawkstorian was talking about 2 more seasons aka 2015 and 2016, your talking about 2015 through 2017 with the idea of using the tag multiple times. I agree with the OP and Wilson will at least be here for the next 2 seasons. Time will tell though

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2ei09ryq said:

Go Hawks!

It figures one of the .NET Alum would make such a common sense post. (slow clap)

IcDAkh

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3pne4q3m said:
hawknation2015":3pne4q3m said:
Hawkstorian":3pne4q3m said:

Hawkstorian was talking about 2 more seasons aka 2015 and 2016, your talking about 2015 through 2017 with the idea of using the tag multiple times. I agree with the OP and Wilson will at least be here for the next 2 seasons. Time will tell though

That's a little more realistic, but still not certain, because it assumes we will use the exclusive tag next year, instead of the non-exclusive tag, paying Wilson around $25 million or over 15% of the cap.

Again, I think they will eventually work it out, and Wilson will choose to be a Seahawk for the rest of his career. But is it definite right now? Absolutely not, if they can't get an extension done because Wilson is asking for too much, he gets the non-exclusive tag, and he decides to agree to an extravagant contract with another team. Then we would have hard choices to make next season in deciding whether to match and which players we will have to release to make that possible.

The bigger question is not whether Wilson will remain a Seahawk, but rather how long will this process be drawn out, and how much damage will be extracted in order to keep him a Seahawk?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Rocket":12tlinzp said:
I believe in the future.

I believe we shouldn't dwell on things of which we have no control nor even knowledge, other than the ravings of money-hungry lunatics masquerading as writers. I believe that a day will come that we will no longer be obsessed with such things, of salary and of contracts, but we will be obsessed with YAC and DVOA and QBR. We will cheer the agility and toughness of the Beast. We will cheer the court sense and sheer acceleration of Earl, the explosive impacts of Kam and of Bobby, the altitude and dexterity of Jimmy, the deftness and anger of Doug and the eyes and outstretched fingertips of Sherm... and I am positive that Russ will get a salary worthy of the influence and abilities of his agent.

Reading this to the melody of "We are the world" makes this post 1000x better than it already was!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
We have Wilson for this year and anything can happen next year, Wilson being with the Seahawks next year is not a guaranteed. Just be glad we still have a good complete team right now that could actually be better than the 2013 team that won the Superbowl.

Alot of people undervalued Chris Clemmons and Red Bryant and then we saw what happened with our pass rush last year. Then the lost of Tate to free agency many were saying how we didn't need him, and it showed what happened on special teams and our offense was sputtering. Now people are undervaluing Wilson, I hate to see the day where we go back to being a mediocre team, but according to some any QB will do with our elite defense. Either way, I'm going to enjoy watching the games win, lose, or draw, i think most have forgotten about that.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":5j4tulba said:
We have Wilson for this year and anything can happen next year,

I've read the scenarios where he leaves next year, and I think it's possible, but very unlikely.

Latest posts