Who is the best player you expect to be cut?

kearly

Reaction score
For me, probably Eric Pinkins. He just converted from corner to LB pretty recently, and he does look pretty raw out there. But the physical tools, fluid movement skills, hitting and tackling really get me hoping that he is on our roster with a chance to make it in 2016.

When I see that guy play, not only do I think that he's an NFL player, but I could easily see him becoming a plus starter in a year or two. I would love to see the Seahawks keep him but I think he'll be one of the odd men out in the numbers crunch.

Some others I really like that I think are probably long shots are Kasen Williams and Rod Smith.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ricardo Lockette

Great ST player, but less than mediocre as a WR. In years past him making the team wouldn't be a question, but now that we have some depth at WR the situation has shifted.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Im just going to say it, even though I'm unsure, I think Kearse and TJack have a good chance to be traded if there are some potential buyers.

That would be cap savings of about $3.75m.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Marcus Burley

Not sure he makes this roster and I think he is a little under rated but would be better than Blackmon and Smith but he is not as experienced as Blackmon and not the same upside Ty Smith has leaving him kinda a tweener.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1xc76c4r said:
Ricardo Lockette

Great ST player, but less than mediocre as a WR. In years past him making the team wouldn't be a question, but now that we have some depth at WR the situation has shifted.

duuuuuude

And yet we relied on him making the biggest play of the year.. (sigh)

two dog

Reaction score
I wouldn't defend him as the best player to be cut but I have developed a fondness
for the way Ronald Martin Jr. plays the safety position.

If we don't keep Kasen Williams, I think we will face him on an opposing team to
our regret.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
:lol: I was just thinking about posting about Pinkins in the other thread after talking about Coyle and KPL. Morgan got a ton of reps this PS, but it seemed like when Pinkins got on the field he made a play when they came at him. Obviously this last game really sticks out with the way he got off the block of the TE on the run down and then beating the LT for a sack, but he's been surprisingly natural at the edge all PS. Morgan might get the nod, but I'd really like to keep him somehow.

And yeah, Kasen Williams really only needs a catchable ball and he'll win most of the time. Not a true burner, but he can get on top of a CB and they really don't have a chance if it's out in front or high. He's just got those really natural basketball skills to box out and strong hands catch with great body control. If you're basing that last spot on upside, he's it without a doubt, IMO.

olyfan63

Reaction score
How can they NOT keep Kasen Williams with the plays he has made? The TD catch this week, the catch and Golden-Tate-ish run last week, are ones that come to mind.

chris98251

Reaction score
Were going to be stocking a lot of teams rosters after our cuts, I doubt many are going to be available for the PS, I expect some players that have been here to be let go, our depth on defense and RB as well as WR is very good, maybe not number 1 guys but depth and upgrades over many other teams rosters.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I did time in Yakima. Two and a half years for a job there. Wife hated it because it was away from her family, but we still think fondly of it at times now. Granted, we lived out closer to West Valley with a south facing large window looking out at Ahtanum instead of living down in the ghetto (money is why I took the job and moved out there), but Yakima really does have it's good spots. I miss the Rueben at 2nd Street Pub (one of my top 3 Reubens all time), Russilo's Neapolitin pizza, Zesta Cuccina (better than the Portland one by far), That joint out at the golf course in the valley, etc. (yeah I like food OK?).

You'll find things to do. Gotta look outdours though.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kearse's lack of reps says he's not only kept, but starting.

Many people have a disdain for the guy and his salary compounds that, but aside from some of the bigger plays in franchise history he has a really close rapport with RW. He had a touchdown in a preseason game against the Chargers in his first real season that the TV crew asked him about. He was lined up inside in twins and explained that he saw a key in the defense that told him that they were in a cover 2 and in order to hold an inside angle to the ball on the play he was going to have to "widen the route." He shaded his route outside a little to draw the safety on a little more aggressive outside angle so that halfway to the endzone, he could cut it 25-30 degrees inside and get that inside leverage to the ball. I'm paraphrasing somewhat to explain the geometry of it, but that level of football smarts isn't common among young players. First, to see what RW saw in the coverage. Cover 2; check. Then, to manipulate the route so that you manipulate the safety's zone and obtain inside leverage for the touchdown in the bread basket.

That's why RW trusts him to just throw it up sometimes, successful or not. It's also why we cannot possibly cut him. We don't have another WR with that level of rapport with RW. You see Lockett and his huge play ability and think that maybe that's all there is to it, you do what the play shows you in Madden, and everything works out.

It's just not that way. You need that football IQ. To see the coverage and be on the same page with the same adjustment that the QB makes. A TV announcer says it's all about timing. No. It's not. It's part of it. Just like separation. Just like big play ability, Just like rapport and a lot of other things. It's not that simple.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
T.Y. McGill

To me, he looks like the most complete three technique on the team in terms of his physical ability, explosiveness, run stopping, and pass rushing. He has freakish quickness off the ball and change of direction skills for a stalky 300 pounder. I have called him "Baby Mebane," but for whatever reason, I don't have a good feeling about him making the roster. Carroll made a point of saying he has not been playing the scheme totally right.

FlakyGargantuanDipper

dino26

Reaction score
two dog":3hydod14 said:
I wouldn't defend him as the best player to be cut but I have developed a fondness
for the way Ronald Martin Jr. plays the safety position.

If we don't keep Kasen Williams, I think we will face him on an opposing team to
our regret.

I agree mate, he has so much potential and what better place to show it than here.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Lack of reps does not mean a vet is safe. Can also mean they don't want to risk the vet getting hurt, then having to deal with IR/injury settlement since you cannot release an injured player.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kevin Smith. He should by all accounts make it but the Seahawks have a lot of depth and like versatility, thus the nod will go to BJ Daniels.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Russell Wilson. I mean he only had 1 TD in 4 games

:stirthepot:

Latest posts