Seahawks Open As A 14.5 Point Favorite

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Good night Bears.

Highest line of the year so far.

Bears are going to get crushed.

Greenhell

Reaction score
That's huge! Can't say I've seen any NFL team open that big of favorites.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The ML is at -1400, $1400 to win 100, the easiest $100 you'll ever make in your life :lol:

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":lipa0dn1 said:
I was waiting for -10 and I was going to hit it. 14.5's nuts.

I think -10 would have been the line with Cutler, maybe even a little higher. Big difference between 14 and 14.5 too. Vegas is expecting a good ol' fashioned beat down.

I personally don't see how the Bears get anything more than 10 points with Clausen at QB. We should be able to put up 27+ easy on a bad Bears defense.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If I were in Vegas I'd contemplate $14,000 to win $1,000.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Already up to 15 at some books.

Normally I stay away from double digit spreads in the NFL, but this feels pretty safe to me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2a13dv39 said:

I can't rationalize laying the lumber on heavy ML favs. I'd rather put $100 down on a 2-teamer.

Speaking of which.. really like a Colts/Seahawks 2-teamer this week. :D

blazen2392

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ni9jcvs said:

Normally I stay away from double digit spreads in the NFL, but this feels pretty safe to me.

I would say it's a horrible idea laying money on a double digit spread. Especially one this high.

All it takes is a couple of mistakes from an undisciplined seahawks team to make this game a nail bitter. It's the NFL. colts just lost to the jets.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
blazen2392":1z9jn7dd said:
Hasselbeck":1z9jn7dd said:

I would say it's a horrible idea laying money on a double digit spread. Especially one this high.

All it takes is a couple of mistakes from an undisciplined seahawks team to make this game a nail bitter. It's the NFL. colts just lost to the jets.

The Jets are vastly better than the Bears.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
blazen2392":2a695xrp said:
Hasselbeck":2a695xrp said:

Too me it would be the back door TD. I could see Pete going up 17 or 20-0 and trying to pound the ball and run clock. All it takes is the prevent defense in the last 2 min of the game and allowing them to get a garbage td to make it 20-7. Of course, that's why it's called the prevent defense--it prevents you from winning.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2guxv35k said:
blazen2392":2guxv35k said:
Hasselbeck":2guxv35k said:

My point being was its the NFL. Us loosing to the bears off of very sloppy play is not that far off. us beating the bears in a 15 point spread? I would take the bears on that spread.

1) our offense isn't built to put up that kind of offensive points.
2) a backdoor cover would be very likely here.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
blazen2392":hpeg6f2d said:
Hasselbeck":hpeg6f2d said:
blazen2392":hpeg6f2d said:
Hasselbeck":hpeg6f2d said:

My point being was its the NFL. Us loosing to the bears off of very sloppy play is not that far off. us beating the bears in a 15 point spread? I would take the bears on that spread.

1) our offense isn't built to put up that kind of offensive points.
2) a backdoor cover would be very likely here.

Of course it's not a guarantee. Thats why Vegas makes money. But obviously Vegas sees the game as more likely than not a two touchdown victory for the home team. I do too. I think the Bears are about to get beat down.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1itamrrz said:
Hawk-Lock":1itamrrz said:

Your bookie would love you.

I've never laid a moneyline more than -250 in my life, I only do about a few bets a year over -160 and I make close to 100 bets a month. It was more of a joke, but that's how much confidence I have that the Seahawks win. To be honest, most books won't even have Seahawks ML available. Just looking at all the offshore books, only one book is offering Seahawks ML right now.

Barakas

Reaction score
uggg...this just makes me think that the game will go into OT now and we'll manage a 3 pt victory. :(

ringless

Reaction score
I think it's be more likely that the Seahawks win by 14+ than lose any day to the Bears. Seattle will have a short field all day, the Bears defense will be worn out. You are talking about the first home game for the Season. The Bears will not be able to communicate at all on top of all lot that. I can see them losing by 20+ points. I don't gamble anyways so it doesnt really matter. At the end of the day it's a Seahawks win 99% of the time.

marko358

Reaction score
More than likely this will be a win by at least 2 TDs but with Bevell calling the plays and the Oline being ridiculously bad at run blocking, who knows.

EDIT: Weren't we favored by quite a large margin against Oakland at home last year and barely squeaked by?