Why does RW get a pass ?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I was wondering why does RW get mostly a pass on his performance? IMHO he is just as much to blame as anyone! Just a weird thing I picked up on . His contract is mega superstar can take the team ony back and win money .and he really has not lived up or looks like he will not this year at least . so my real question is when are we gonna criticize him and his play without the excuses?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3t8q1vv0 said:
I was wondering why does RW get mostly a pass on his performance? IMHO he is just as much to blame as anyone! Just a weird thing I picked up on . His contract is mega superstar can take the team ony back and win money .and he really has not lived up or looks like he will not this year at least . so my real question is when are we gonna criticize him and his play without the excuses?

I wish you would check your grammar before posting stuff like this, it hurts my head.

Can't continue to blow leads in every game, there is no finish.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Because he SINGLE HANDEDLY led us to 2 Super Bowls. Didn't you know that?!

DrDix

Reaction score
Uh he doesnt? Not sure what board you're reading but I see PLENTY of people blaming RW. The fact is, the entire team from coaching staff to the players is to blame.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Take a look around homeboy... don't think he's really getting a pass. But! Let me throw one right back at ya! Why should the defense get a pass? Oh wait.. could it possibly be that the whole team is to blame? Even the coaches too? Well, wouldn't that be a novel idea.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Since when has Russell gotten a pass on this board? It goes Bevell, Bevell, OL, Wilson, OL, Bevell, Lockette, Kearse, Bevell. If anyone gets a pass it's the D. They're untouchable.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2v9xr2yt said:
Since when has Russell gotten a pass on this board? It goes Bevell, Bevell, OL, Wilson, OL, Bevell, Lockette, Kearse, Bevell. If anyone gets a pass it's the D. They're untouchable.
Pretty much exactly. I'd push for another Bevell before Lockette, but that'd just be picking nits.

Fade

Reaction score
Wilson had a rating of 96.1 w/53 yards rushing and 0 turnovers in this game. He is executing the offense that Pete Carroll, and Darryl Bevell want.

It is of my opinion, that Darryl Bevell is the worst red zone play caller I have ever seen.

The D surrenders 4th qtr leads, because they are allergic to man to man defense, and either play a soft zone, or blitz.

Quinn was great because he would play more man to man, or at least press bail cover 3 in the 4th quarter.

Guss Bradly & Kris Richard love that soft zone in the 4th quarter.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Fade":24gmllfy said:
Wilson had a rating of 96.1 w/53 yards rushing and 0 turnovers in this game. He is executing the offense that Pete Carroll, and Darryl Bevell want.

It is of my opinion, that Darryl Bevell is the worst red zone play caller I have ever seen.

The D surrenders 4th qtr leads, because they are allergic to man to man defense, and either play a soft zone, or blitz.

Quinn was great because he would play more man to man, or at least press bail cover 3 in the 4th quarter.

Guss Bradly & Kris Richard love that soft zone in the 4th quarter.

Stats lie. Stats don't tell u how he hesitates in the pocket or how he plays too careful or how he holds on the ball too long which results in a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds. Face it Wilson is overrated and overpaid.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I really wish Russell Wilson would call a better offensive game.
I really wish Russell Wilson would block better for himself.
I really wish Russell Wilson would get open so he could throw to himself.
I really wish Russell Wilson would tackle better on defense.
I really wish Russell Wilson was a better defensive coordinator.
I really wish Russell Wilson could cover tight ends better.
I really wish Russell Wilson wouldn't give up 80 yard drives consistently.

Did I miss anything?

RW given a pass? No time to throw and an OC who is as predictable as living with someone with OCD? There are certainly things he could do better but I will not put the sole blame on him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DrDix":2thqgso9 said:
Uh he doesnt? Not sure what board you're reading but I see PLENTY of people blaming RW. The fact is, the entire team from coaching staff to the players is to blame.
This, this and this.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2ojfyw35 said:
Many people are aware of Wilson playing poorly.

I've seen quite a bit of instances where the blocking is sufficient enough to make a throw but he decides to scramble around instead of throwing the ball.

Wilson causes sacks himself!

The offensive lineman don't have eyes behind their heads they can't see where he's moving, sometimes the OL are not responsible for Wilson taking sacks.

I'm not saying the o line are great by any means but they can't be blamed all the time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
why are you asking this when the board is littered with posts and even threads criticizing him?

jeremiah

Reaction score
This is the NFL of 2015. Either you can score 24 points on offense every week or you lose more than half of your games. It was a big mistake to give RW a franchise QB paycheck. You don't do that to any player without making sure you have blockers in front of him. In 3 years he will be 30 years old and the running around and taking hits will have taken its toll. On the other hand, a center is more valuable to this team than an unable to block TE. The tore the O line to shreds, then give 21 million to a guy with a guaranteed contract.....LUNACY....

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":207jg3ph said:
hawkfannj":207jg3ph said:
Many people are aware of Wilson playing poorly.

I've seen quite a bit of instances where the blocking is sufficient enough to make a throw but he decides to scramble around instead of throwing the ball.

Wilson causes sacks himself!

The offensive lineman don't have eyes behind their heads they can't see where he's moving, sometimes the OL are not responsible for Wilson taking sacks.

I'm not saying the o line are great by any means but they can't be blamed all the time.

You know Wilson is good when he has a 69% completion percentage, 1433 passing yards, 251 rushing yards, 7TD 3INT with a 98.7 QB rating and people think he is playing poor this year :lol:

Hes playing about the same as he always has its just the running game is terrible and the OLine is the worst its ever been.

kf3339

Reaction score
Wilson doesn't get a pass on this board at all. There are many including me that have stated he still needs to get a lot better with getting rid of the ball quickly, throwing into tight coverage and throwing the ball away instead of taking too many sacks.

But we don't really know what he can do until the OC and line situations are fixed. That is not happening this year.

Latest posts