Remember Zach Miller?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Just watching some games from last year. Man, we need a blocking TE.

KY98P56.gif

Watching him pass block hits ya right in the feels, too.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Our offense was so much better with him. He could block like a lineman and catch like a receiver, hell of a player.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I swear Zach Miller vanishes into oblivion during that play

I'll never forget the Atlanta game when he tore his plantar fascia, went to the locker room for some pain killers, and came back and had his best game ever with 142 yards and helped lead our comeback.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Probably the most impactful personnel loss we've had in the last two years. He helps in every area we've struggled in, including the redzone. We probably have two rings if he hadn't gotten hurt last season. Perfect fit for team's identity too.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Had that same thought when he made the game winning one handed catch for the Bears last night. We should have re-signed him and never traded away Unger.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
andyh64000":11ozj42v said:
Had that same thought when he made the game winning one handed catch for the Bears last night. We should have re-signed him and never traded away Unger.

Different Zach Miller.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":13lpbdbc said:
I thought the same thing last night until they showed THAT Zach Miller on the sidelines.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Bitter":omzvsjpb said:
andyh64000":omzvsjpb said:

Different Zach Miller.

Oh...my bad.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
andyh64000":lsicdk96 said:
Bitter":lsicdk96 said:
andyh64000":lsicdk96 said:

Different Zach Miller.

Oh...my bad.

Tricked me too at first. Didn't know there was another Zack Miller TE in the NFL. I miss that dude.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I won't lie. I've definitely come to .Net more than just a few times, hoping to see a thread titled 'Zach Miller signs with the Seahawks!!!" And you just know that it would get three exclamation points, because that's how exciting of a signing it would be. Never would the mid-season signing of a backup, blocking Tight End illicit such wild celebration among a fan base.

And I'm going to keep on checking in on .Net to see if I finally get to open that 'Zach Miller signs with the Seahawks!!!" thread. We could really use his leadership and his blocking ability, his selflessness. And I'm sure the rest of the team loved him, too. Luke Willson's dad once told me a few years ago, that Zach was Luke's best friend on the team. Anywhere Zach would go, Luke wasn't too far behind and visa versa. Luke wanted to learn everything he possibly could from one of the best, most well-rounded TE's in the game, and the beautiful thing was, that Zach wanted to be the teacher and teach his young pupil all of the lessons that he had learned. Such a thing is rare in today's business-like NFL, where veterans are a little more apprehensive about teaching the younger guys on the team because they know how quickly they might be replaced by them, and thus, be out of a job and security for the family.

If Zach is healthy, and who knows if he even wants to play football anymore at this point... I'd love for Johnny Schneids to pick up the phone and give him a call to see if he's got 8 to 11 games left in the tank. It'd be this season's bringing back Mike Rob or signing Tukuafu, Dobbs, King, and Moeaki. Make it happen, Schneids! I'm sending my FIPS, or my Fake Internet Prayers (shoutout to Pehawk, who needs to be back on this site because he's a brilliant human being) for this one, now that they've helped fix Ricardo Lockette's neck.

:pray:

seahawks08

Reaction score
Zach had his time, he got injured and there was a set back in his healing. The contract that was in play wasn't going to give the team the returns and we had to sign some young and upcoming players. While I value all that he has done for the team, I think the premium we paid was good for the that time. We don't have the money to pay the same premium after locking up some of our key core players. When priorities come, locking up Wagner, RW and other contracts left the team with zero options to invest on other position areas. Unfortunately QBs are a premium in this league and whenever the first big contract is offered, there is collateral damage for many great players to be cut.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1nxrvrgm said:
Our offense was so much better with him. He could block like a lineman and catch like a receiver, hell of a player.

Can't really compare them because the team is not the same.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":39du5lze said:
Is Miller even in the NFL right now?

I don't think so, the last I know he listed his home for sale in Seattle and he had babies, so must be living a private life with family time.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seahawks08":3l0qwqr3 said:
Chukarhawk":3l0qwqr3 said:
Is Miller even in the NFL right now?

I don't think so, the last I know he listed his home for sale in Seattle and he had babies, so must be living a private life with family time.

No he is not in the NFL. Did not pass physical.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Last that I heard is he had a second surgery on his foot.

That must have been early 2015... nothing since.