Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Vikings)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks are feeling good about themselves after that shellacking of the Cardinals in Arizona last week, and despite the pathetic excuses by their head coach (and any media and fans that ate it up) that they didn't really try all that hard (sorry Arians but your tomato red face in the 4th quarter said it all), the Seahawks and their fans have every reason to feel good about themselves heading into the post season.

This week I have heard one term used repeatedly by various media when discussing the Seahawks and Vikings wild card game this Sunday:

Buzzsaw.

As in, The Vikings reward for beating the Packers finally to take the division title? They get to host a Seattle buzzsaw in the wild card round. Good luck Vikings.

The narrative this week for those who hope to make this a closer matchup is the cold weather - no make that downright frigid weather - expected and how the Vikings are an improved team, getting 3 of their better defensive players back who didn't play in the first matchup weeks ago. While it's not logical to discount these factors completely, what is logical is to assume they still won't be enough for the Vikings to beat the Seahawks.

The only way the Seahawks lose this game is if they beat themselves (stupid penalties, turnovers, lapses in play) and I just don't see a championship-caliber team that is playoff experienced and peaking at the right time beating themselves in this game.

I do think the Vikings will play us better than the first game and the cold will have some affect but in the end, the Seahawks should still win this game fairly comfortably by 10 points or more.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Vikings 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-5

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
20-10

:icon_new:

Edited because I forgot about the frigid cold temps come Sunday. Brrrr.

Polaris

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, I expect a fairly low scoring game because both teams will want to run it and because of the weather. I also think Minnesota will do better, but it won't be anywhere close to enough (and they won't get another KR for a TD).

Thus my prediction is: 20 Seattle - 6 Minnesota [two field goals]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It'll be much closer than the first meeting, but I just can't see how the Vikings offense is going to put up enough points to get the win.

Seahawks 24
Vikes 14

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2pbckqn3 said:
I just can't see anything but a blowout win. Weather be damned, Seattle is just a better team from top to bottom. I think Vikes fans have a lot to be proud of and a lot to be excited about after this season, but their time is not yet come. Seahawks are going to murder their way back to the Superbowl. After we trounce the vikings on Sunday, Cam Newton, a man who fancies himself a God, will feel a very human chill crawl up his spine...

Buy this man a drink!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Seattle 20-16. Playoff mindset + cold weather keep it a bit closer.

If we can hold AP to 65 yards or less, I don't see the Vikings winning this one unless we seriously lose the TO battle (not out of the question if Michael is running at least 10-15 times). I really don't see TB beating us by himself.

Laloosh

Reaction score
This is the Seahawks, folks. It'll be a roller coaster... for the first half.

Seahawks 27 - 13 Vikings

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I can't predict anything but a win in this game. If the Hawks play stupid, commit penalties, drop balls, miss tackles, etc...then yeah, I can see the Vikings winning.

But pound for pound? The Seahawks are a better team from top to bottom if Lynch is back. Throw in the fact that the Seahawks are peaking and on a roll and I can't bet against that.

Seahawks 24
Vikings 13

My Record to Date: 13-3

Hawks46

Reaction score
The only things that worry me about this game are the cold and the Vegas line. For whatever reason, they have Seattle at -5. It's kind of strange, as it's a bad matchup for them across the board.

That said, with the cold, I think it's going to be a low scoring affair but we're still going to win by 10.

Seattle 16
Minn 6

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawks46":2zremg8r said:
The only things that worry me about this game are the cold and the Vegas line. For whatever reason, they have Seattle at -5. It's kind of strange, as it's a bad matchup for them across the board.

That said, with the cold, I think it's going to be a low scoring affair but we're still going to win by 10.

Seattle 16
Minn 6

Actually -5 for a road team is a very high spread especially for two teams that are nominally playoff teams. Remember the home team gets a field goal. This is Vegas saying that on a neutral field, they'd expect Seattle to win by more than a touchdown.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I see 6 points for the Vikings but I think they may get a garbage time touchdown as the game is in hand and the defense just wants to stay by the heaters. So I'll give the Vikings 13 points. Seahawks will have more than 13. Probably a fair amount more.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I keep hearing how they are getting some key players back, well good for them.
I'm hearing that we too will be getting some players back for this game too ("The Beast"), so REALLY, REALLY good for us.
There's a Cold Front that's moving in, and it's called The SEAHAWKS... So, this old scudder is calling it 31-> Seahawks, 13-> Vikings.