Alex Collins or Troymaine Pope?

• Pope

Votes: 147 78.2%
  • Collins

Votes: 41 21.8%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rawls and Michael are locks to make the roster. Prosise should make the roster as well. Assuming the Seahawks keep four running backs, who gets the final spot between Troymaine Pope and Alex Collins?

OpHawk

Reaction score
I had this debate in my head during the series just before Pope scored. I lean towards Pope. He's got that fire I love in some of these UD guys.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2zurl8f1 said:
Plus Pope can return kicks

That's what I was thinking. If you are the 4th RB, should probably have ST value. Pope over Collins for me.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Personally I would take Pope. However, I trust the coaches decision either way.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I like both , buy Pope is very hungry

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mrt144

Reaction score
If RW ever needs a theological partner in crime.

Tonight on Pope and DangerRuss: The Case of the Synoptic Gospels

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I was for Collins because he's my adopt a rookie, and was hoping he get more chances to showcase, and he finally did this game.

With that said I voted Pope. He's got heart and it shows. He's fearless as a returner, and runs through holes pretty quick, not to mention it takes a few guys to get him down. The TD was nice, but the thing that really sold me was he ran all the way trying to stop the Raiders on the return TD, he could of stopped 5 yards before but he was right there as the guy went crossing the TD line.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":17kz8zd2 said:
Personally I would take Pope. However, I trust the coaches decision either way.

That's the way I'm looking at it too. Pope showed us that he wants to make this team, he was showing coach that he's "always competing."
As twisted husky said in the game day forum, if you cut Pope after he gave everything and produced so much, it would seem a bit hypocritical to cut him now

McGruff

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3eognbgh said:
Plus Pope can return kicks

This. Keep Lockett on punts, and let Pope return kicks.

I wanted Collins to seize the day, but he just looks won out.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Pope has some extra pop Collins didn't show me.

Pope looks a lot hungrier than Collins.

Pope plays special teams.

Those three would make him a lock for me over Collins, with what little I've seen of them this preseason. Of course, I'm not making the decisions.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pope - and it isn't close for me.
Collins doesnt suit our style - we need a quick one cut and go runner.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
For as big as Collins is, he gets stopped and goes down way too easy. Very Turbinesque. Pope keeps driving after contact, never gives up. That is the attitude we need. Collins aslo doesn't have very good vision. He had a couple good outside runs tonight, but those might and probably were scheme vs vision.

The Breh

Reaction score
Couldn't watch but heard Raible on the call.
This dude sounds like a mini beast the way he churns his legs.
He's short so he gets under the D.
Big kickoff return.
I don't see Collins beyond a reasonable doubt beats him out.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If Pope doesn't make the team over Collins then the theme of competition has no integrity what so ever. Collins doesn't even run the same measure of power as Pope, which was supposed to be his forte, according to the folks who don't know or never played the position before.

kearly

Reaction score
While Collins has nice burst on his 3rd or 4th step, his initial steps are painfully slow. For this reason, he's a completely ineffective back out of read option looks because they require a RB to be very sudden. Collins also isn't very good as a pure between the tackles power back. See him get planted on his backside that one run? That would never happen to Lynch, or even to most average power runners.

Where Collins does shine (faintly) is in single set back formations where the ball is snapped under center and Collins is very deep behind the LOS. This gives Collins time to hit full speed by the time he takes the handoff, and if you give him a place to run with that modestly good 2nd gear, he can get you some 10-20 yard runs.

It seems Seattle's coaches realized this as well and started giving Collins several single set back looks in a row during the 4th quarter. Not surprisingly, this is when Collins finally started to look like a productive RB.

Unfortunately, these kinds of runs are only one piece of the puzzle for Tom Cable's system, and Collins' looking absolutely horrible out of read option looks would be the kiss of death in a just world. That said, John Schneider was higher on Collins than most and apparently was pretty enthusiastic about Collins' big carries tonight. It would be a big mistake to cut Pope for Collins, but don't be surprised if draft bias gets the better of our GM.

Pope just continues to look like a good NFL player. He's not J-Force 2.0, he's Rawls-lite. And Rawls-lite is something I really want on this roster a year from now when C-Mike signs a lucrative contract with another team this next offseason. Pope has earned the right to be this team's #2 RB in 2017. If they cut him this weekend, Seattle will be pissing away a good player, for nothing.

Oh that's right we have CJ Procise... actually, he looked pretty bad tonight.

PCJS seem to make 1-2 "wtf" cuts every preseason, so it wouldn't shock me at all if Pope got cut.