Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fo_aschatz/status/801114061282877441[/tweet]

Fire Bevell and Richard! :irishdrinkers:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":38m7sfyn said:

I've just never understood the Bevell angst.....

Offensive ratings: (Non-DVOA)

2015 - #5
2014 - #10
2013 - #9 (Super Bowl win)
2012 - #9
2011 - #20 with T. Jackson at QB
2010 - Jeremy Bates the OC

Offensive ratings: (DVOA)

2015 - #1
2014 - #5
2013 - #7 (Super Bowl win)
2012 - #4
2011 - #22 with T. Jackson at QB

Sure, give credit to Russell Wilson. But, the guy has done a good job (with hills and valleys along the way).

Anyway, just giving some props since it seems to rarely happen here.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Give Bevell an average qb and the Hawks become the Rams

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":hgo3ahyd said:
NJSeaHawk":hgo3ahyd said:

2015 - #5
2014 - #10
2012 - #9

2015 - #1
2014 - #5
2012 - #4

Sure, give credit to Russell Wilson. But, the guy has done a good job (with hills and valleys along the way).

TJack was average to below avg QB look at the offense ratings the year he was starting for the Seahawks. Bevell knew TJack due to his time with him in Minny. Tjack was brought to help with the transition as Bevell taking over the OC duties. Wilson became the QB and the ratings got significantly better. Sounds like Wilson made the difference to me. Bevell is doing fine when he has a dynamic QB at the helm. Would he have these ratings if Case Keenum, Josh McNown, Cody Kessler, etc was the QB of Seahawks? I doubt it. He probably would be fired by now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bunch of the Vikings and Favre had their best years under Bevel..I never understood the big hate,I dislike that bubble screen and no back but he has us in the top 5 every year.I can deal with the silly plays as long as we are winning.He got RW his 1st TD reception right?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2zdc7i63 said:
Bunch of the Vikings and Favre had their best years under Bevel..I never understood the big hate,I dislike that bubble screen and no back but he has us in the top 5 every year.I can deal with the silly plays as long as we are winning.He got RW his 1st TD reception right?

Bevell is a good OC. He's not great. He's not the OC that would take a guy like Sam Bradford and develop him into a star. Favre was a top 5-10 QB when he arrived in Minny. So Bevell didn't add anything to what Favre already had. That was my point. On the Seahawks, he doesn't have to be great as good seems to be enough. It would be nice if he were "great" though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":365wdmi7 said:
Jazzhawk":365wdmi7 said:
NJSeaHawk":365wdmi7 said:

2015 - #5
2014 - #10
2012 - #9

2015 - #1
2014 - #5
2012 - #4

TJack was average to below avg QB look at the offense ratings the year he was starting for the Seahawks. Bevell knew TJack due to his time with him in Minny. Tjack was brought to help with the transition as Bevell taking over the OC duties. Wilson became the QB and the ratings got significantly better. Sounds like Wilson made the difference to me. Bevell is doing fine when he has a dynamic QB at the helm. Would he have these ratings if Case Keenum, Josh McNown, Cody Kessler, etc was the QB of Seahawks? I doubt it. He probably would be fired by now.
Andrew Luck is a dynamic quarterback. According to your logic, the Colts should have a dynamic offense, but they routinely struggle to make the playoffs.
And yeah, when Tarvaris started, it was Bev's first year .... with no OTAs or minicamp because of the lockout. He started retooling the offense that year and whipped it into a Super Bowl champion in 3 years.

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":qi5s11i6 said:
IndyHawk":qi5s11i6 said:

Bevell is a good OC. He's not great. He's not the OC that would take a guy like Sam Bradford and develop him into a star. Favre was a top 5-10 QB when he arrived in Minny. So Bevell didn't add anything to what Favre already had. That was my point. On the Seahawks, he doesn't have to be great as good seems to be enough. It would be nice if he were "great" though.

Bevell and Cable are the wonder twins of this offense. Cable built the crappy foundation that Bevell used to build a crappy offense. During the Patriots back to back seasons of 2003-2004 they went 28-4 during the regular season. With a 21 game win streak at one point. To think this Seahawks team and coaching staff are willing to throw away half a season so the team can gel is ridiculous. This team with this talent and this division should win 12 games at a minimum ala Mannings Colt's and Brady's Patriots.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":4osi37j5 said:
Andrew Luck is a dynamic quarterback. According to your logic, the Colts should have a dynamic offense, but they routinely struggle to make the playoffs.

Thats because the Colts have no defense, an awful offensive line, and barely any talent at the skill positions (Gore is their starting RB for cripes sake). Comparing the Colts to the Seahawks doesnt work. If Russell Wilson wasnt so elusive, we probably lose half the games that we won during his time here.

And yeah, when Tarvaris started, it was Bev's first year .... with no OTAs or minicamp because of the lockout. He started retooling the offense that year and whipped it into a Super Bowl champion in 3 years.

Yeah Bevell deserves all that credit. Russell Wilson panning out, Lynch being the RB that he is, and our historically good defense had nothing to do with it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2iu1o41c said:
hawkfan68":2iu1o41c said:
Jazzhawk":2iu1o41c said:
NJSeaHawk":2iu1o41c said:

2015 - #5
2014 - #10
2012 - #9

2015 - #1
2014 - #5
2012 - #4

Is Bevell Andrew Luck's OC? I said Bevell does fine when he has a dynamic QB. When did Bevell coach Luck? Luck is a dynamic QB but that has zero to do with my logic or why Bevell offense fails without a dynamic QB. We saw a Bevell offense without a dynamic QB, it was ranked on the bottom half in NFL. With Wilson, it is in the top 10. Hmmmm.....

One more thing, how many OCs have two star players (Lynch and Baldwin) flip them off during games after a play call post huddle? Jokingly or not, it still sends a message. Bevell isn't as "perfect" as some seem to think. I don't think he's bad, he's not as great as some make him out to be.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":pn1e80nw said:
Siouxhawk":pn1e80nw said:

Thats because the Colts have no defense, an awful offensive line, and barely any talent at the skill positions (Gore is their starting RB for cripes sake). Comparing the Colts to the Seahawks doesnt work. If Russell Wilson wasnt so elusive, we probably lose half the games that we won during his time here.

Yeah Bevell deserves all that credit. Russell Wilson panning out, Lynch being the RB that he is, and our historically good defense had nothing to do with it.
He has a big part to do with it. You can have all the talent in the world, but if it doesn't mesh, it's useless. Bevell has had a big role in making it mesh. Because of that we are a complete team, one that forges deep into the playoffs on a regular basis ... unlike the Colts.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Doug jokingly flipped Bevell off because Doug wants the ball. He also said they'd been begging to run that gadget play for quite a while, so I don't think he was actually PO'd about it. Doug also called out those who were criticizing Bevell last year, as I recall.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm still critical of Bevell's situational play calling, but he's getting better at using his personnel.

Notice how our screens are working a lot better lately ? Want to know why?

Watching the NE game, I saw Graham split out wide (which isn't unusual). Willson was in the traditional Y TE spot on that side. They throw the ball out to Baldwin and Graham and Willson go out to block. Both guys are big and good blockers, and Willson is faster than most LBers, so he can actually beat the LBer to the play and block a safety.....both TE's are athletic enough to block well in space. Baldwin doesn't even get touched for 7 yards, which is all you can ask of a bubble screen on the outside.

Just some of the subtle things that are out there. I actually think Bevell is a lot better at play calling since the bye of last year.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3n85q9aa said:
nash72":3n85q9aa said:
Siouxhawk":3n85q9aa said:

He has a big part to do with it. You can have all the talent in the world, but if it doesn't mesh, it's useless. Bevell has had a big role in making it mesh. Because of that we are a complete team, one that forges deep into the playoffs on a regular basis ... unlike the Colts.

Do you think Darrell Bevell could turn the Colts around and make them contenders? Yeah, nobody else does either.

I would go as far to say that you could take any OC in the NFL and replace Bevell with them and Seattle wouldnt miss a beat.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Yeah, anybody can do Bevell's job.

That's why Bruce Arians' offense is ranked at #25. Carolina with Cam at #18. Indy with Luck at #15.

If there was ever anything that proves some Seahawks fans simply require something -- anything -- to complain about, it's this continued refusal to give Bevell any credit. He's on the brink of five successive years with a top-10 offense per DVOA.

There is literally nothing to moan about following this team. We're the lucky ones.

We should just bloody enjoy it while it lasts.

nash72

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3nnb7vie said:
He's on the brink of five successive years with a top-10 offense per DVOA.

How long has Russell Wilson been in the league?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Lol it's Wilson much more then bevell.... How anyone can argue that is crazy to me .