How Good Will This Defense Be?

kidhawk

Reaction score
We have been one of the best defenses year after year in multiple categories. Now that we've brought in Richardson, I can't help but be excited by how historically good this defense could be this season.

Makes me not worried nearly as much about who the backup is, because we shouldn't need too many points to win games this season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/903696237983092737[/tweet]

hawk45

Reaction score
Past years we've had horses on DL and I've always felt deflated when teams like the Rams walk through our OL, thinking hey that was supposed to be us!

Bennett, Avril, Clark, Richardson? We better terrorize some QBs this year or I'll be hugely disappointed.

Freaking LOB will be sipping umbrella drinks on chaise lounges back there, being protected by this pass rush.

Sure seems like a return to being a defense where we all just snicker when juggernaut offenses come up in the schedule again. Like Atlanta.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/903702061002366977[/tweet]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Assuming SR doesn't find a pot shop in the area, shaping up to be a top 5 of all time defense.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3j7we8s5 said:
Assuming SR doesn't find a pot shop in the area, shaping up to be a top 5 of all time defense.
He'd have to be blind and have no sense of smell to not find a pot shop in the area.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The lack of pressure from up the middle was a major issue last year. This year will be completely different if everyone can stay healthy.

Aaron Rodgers has to be a tad bit worried.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Will 70-80 percent of this years games be won by the defense alone??

Man, the offensive line is so weak. Such a shame, what could be, if the offensive line was at least "good."

They wouldn't need to be "great," just "okay" or "good" and that would probably bring the Hawks to the Super Bowl at high odds.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If everything goes right? We could be talking about the best defense of all time.As mentioned above they have pro-bowl or all-pro caliber players at 8/11 spots and Clark is soon to be 9. That is almost unheard of. Will everything go right for them this year? Probably not, but they have every chance of being as good as 2013's defense. That defense was good enough for a SB title.

Blaze808

Reaction score
I feel that there's going to be a lot of chucking by opposing QBs.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
With SR coming into the mix our defence went from amazing to god like.

Not a big fan of giving up a second but I have literally not a care in the world about giving up kearse.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
kidhawk":10xazt10 said:
We have been one of the best defenses year after year in multiple categories. Now that we've brought in Richardson, I can't help but be excited by how historically good this defense could be this season.

Makes me not worried nearly as much about who the backup is, because we shouldn't need too many points to win games this season.

I'm just going to say what I'm sure some are thinking too. This defense will be better than 2013. It doesn't hurt that we have the AFC South in the schedule this year like that year.

I think this relights the fire of certain defensive players. Shows them the team and ownership is really committed to their success. This, together with some perceived slights in the national media towards some of our more fiery players coupled with this bs narrative of locker room division is going to put these guys into 2012/13 territory. Ball Hawks from the PNW will be soaring.

Latest posts