This is Baldwin's team

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Just a vibe coming from on the field and sidelines. Seems Doug Baldwin is "the man" out there, at least on the O-side.

The guy is an amazing receiver that deserves far more respect/attention around the league and him and Russ seem to have great chemistry. Hope he stays healthy and stays in Seattle for a long time.

Was a moment after Jimmy dropped that easy pass for what would have been a big gain and not long after Baldwin was giving Graham a "keep your head up" sign and Jimmy seemed to come alive after that. Every great team needs that one guy who keeps it together.

Baldwin seems to be that guy and he just might be my favorite on this version of the Seahawks.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3nlx1ktd said:
Just a vibe coming from on the field and sidelines. Seems Doug Baldwin is "the man" out there, at least on the O-side.

The guy is an amazing receiver that deserves far more respect/attention around the league and him and Russ seem to have great chemistry. Hope he stays healthy and stays in Seattle for a long time.

Was a moment after Jimmy dropped that easy pass for what would have been a big gain and not long after Baldwin was giving Graham a "keep your head up" sign and Jimmy seemed to come alive after that. Every great team needs that one guy who keeps it together.

Baldwin seems to be that guy and he just might be my favorite on this version of the Seahawks.

Yeah, he's really grown up in the last few years and is a definite leader on the team. I'm glad there is someone like him on offense.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The move he made at the LOS against the defender on his touchdown was amazing. Play was over as soon as Russ hiked the ball. One hell of a football player and leader.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would say it's Baldwin's offense, but not team.

He literally pulls them out of their struggles by sheer force of will. And he gets Wilson's back when he's being a leader. He puts on an absolutely amazing show of leadership.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mistaowen":24d98gxg said:
The move he made at the LOS against the defender on his touchdown was amazing. Play was over as soon as Russ hiked the ball. One hell of a football player and leader.

Yup. Not to flame Russ (really) but if Baldwin had a precision QB like Brady I think his stats would be huge.

If the chemistry between RW and Baldwin continues that kind of domination could happen. Right now it's good but there's still some timing issues (mostly on Wilson's side) that takes away some huge plays that could really elevate this offense into something special. Right now the offense is "getting better" but I'd love to see it turn into something great.

I'll leave coaching staff out of that equation - for now. :)

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawks46":27t5c0zw said:
I would say it's Baldwin's offense, but not team.

He literally pulls them out of their struggles by sheer force of will. And he gets Wilson's back when he's being a leader. He puts on an absolutely amazing show of leadership.

As I said - at least on the O-side, but the interaction between him and the D is positive as well. Gets chippy, but the D respects Baldwin which is more than they respect many of the others on Offense. That said, the D isn't as dominant so there are times they need to just shut up and worry about their side of the ball.

And yes, Baldwin is turning into an amazing leader.

907Hawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":31zx4hsw said:

Nice post, this team needs that veteran leadership, the Michael Robinson role, but the offense still lives and dies with Wilson.

Seymour

Reaction score
This thread does not surprise me at all. Baldwin had a good game but anything other than admit it is Wilson's team. :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":6shxrdi5 said:
I would say it's Baldwin's offense, but not team. .

I agree with this.

Doug used to annoy me before he learned how to harness his perfectionist angry Doug personality screaming a Chris Carter and pooping footballs.

But he's done a masterful job of getting rid of the negative, and leaving just a VERY good team leader, and now civic leader. Really proud of the football player and human being Doug's grown into.

I hope he goes into coaching after his career's over, he's got the intelligence and drive to be a GREAT coach.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k9zbj4wv said:
Hawks46":k9zbj4wv said:

I agree with this.

Doug used to annoy me before he learned how to harness his perfectionist angry Doug personality screaming a Chris Carter and pooping footballs.

But he's done a masterful job of getting rid of the negative, and leaving just a VERY good team leader, and now civic leader. Really proud of the football player and human being Doug's grown into.

I hope he goes into coaching after his career's over, he's got the intelligence and drive to be a GREAT coach.

good point. I bet he'd crush it as a coach.

White Devil

Reaction score
Seymour":mjlsss4b said:
This thread does not surprise me at all. Baldwin had a good game but anything other than admit it is Wilson's team. :roll:

Wilson is the head, but sorry to break it to you, Baldwin is the engine of this offense right now.

It's not a crack at Russ.

It's just what is happening on the field. It's fun to watch him grow.

Seymour

Reaction score
White Devil":1vqxh6rl said:
Seymour":1vqxh6rl said:

Wilson is the head, but sorry to break it to you, Baldwin is the engine of this offense right now.

Wrong. You clearly are not in tune to the OP's history with Wilson. See above his love for Brady for your primer.

This team will go as far as Wilson takes them, not Baldwin.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
White Devil":16qoz1pi said:
Seymour":16qoz1pi said:

Baldwin is the engine?? Really?

He may be pivotal, but I said the same thing when Lynch was here. Russell IS the engine. You can fine tune it, add some nice tires, or even a turbo. But he is the consistent denominator whether there's a running game or O-line, OR NOT.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":xmcbbek1 said:
mistaowen":xmcbbek1 said:

Yup. Not to flame Russ (really) but if Baldwin had a precision QB like Brady I think his stats would be huge.

If the chemistry between RW and Baldwin continues that kind of domination could happen. Right now it's good but there's still some timing issues (mostly on Wilson's side) that takes away some huge plays that could really elevate this offense into something special. Right now the offense is "getting better" but I'd love to see it turn into something great.

I'll leave coaching staff out of that equation - for now. :)

I think it's funny we've gone from pedestrian Wide Receivers to now an all star that would somehow be better on a different team.

On every other team, people acknowledge that great Qbs make their wide receiver(s) great. Now all of a sudden, Baldwin is Julio Jones and would be so much better with Brady throwing to him(behind this o-line). Even though with an O-line, Russ to Baldwin was record breaking

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
White Devil":32tozws3 said:
Seymour":32tozws3 said:

Vocal engine, but to say Russell isn't the on field engine is ridiculous. No WR that catches 5-6 passes a game can be the engine on the field. Once in a while a RB that carries a team on his back with 25-30 carries can be the engine, but 90% of the time it's the QB. Just the nature of the sport.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1p8xzxcf said:
Hawks46":1p8xzxcf said:

I agree with this.

Color me immature, but I didn’t mind the pooping of footballs or yelling at Chris Carter, in fact I liked it! I liked it when Sherm put Jim Moore in his place for being a POS....
I don’t expect my team to be puritans..... as long as they are not beating up their wives/gf/mother’s, driving drunk or getting arrested for various crimes, I don’t care.

YMMV though. 8)

White Devil

Reaction score
The engine of the team was Lynch with Russ driving.

The engine of this team is Baldwin with, get this, Russ driving.

I get the Russ love and I'm on board. I agree that he takes the team where they go, but he doesn't do it alone, and especially not this year with his lack of faith in the o-line. What moves the offense when they need a play, is Baldwin. It should be Jimmy, but Jimmy has almost officially checked out.

@Seymour - sorry don't know the history of posts every poster makes here.

@Scorpion05 - Have you seen what Kearse has been doing on another offense? I assume you've seen what Tate has been doing on another offense? I think the Pedestrian moniker was never accurate.

@Sgt. Largent - The game yesterday would have been very different without the consistency of Doug on 3rd down.

Reflecting on my comments and the replies, maybe engine isn't the appropriate term. Spark Plug, may fit better. However without the spark plug, the engine doesn't fire, so the point remains. Doug has been a huge key to the success of this offense and Russ over the last season and a half. He's stepped his game up big time and should be acknowledged for his role.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23aiavwy said:
White Devil":23aiavwy said:
Seymour":23aiavwy said:

Vocal engine, but to say Russell isn't the on field engine is ridiculous. No WR that catches 5-6 passes a game can be the engine on the field. Once in a while a RB that carries a team on his back with 25-30 carries can be the engine, but 90% of the time it's the QB. Just the nature of the sport.

Haven't you heard Fred (Flinstone)? You only need "an engine" 5 or 6 times out of every 65 trips to the store. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":206kdhmv said:
Sgt. Largent":206kdhmv said:
Hawks46":206kdhmv said:

I agree with this.

Color me immature, but I didn’t mind the pooping of footballs or yelling at Chris Carter, in fact I liked it! I liked it when Sherm put Jim Moore in his place for being a POS....
I don’t expect my team to be puritans..... as long as they are not beating up their wives/gf/mother’s, driving drunk or getting arrested for various crimes, I don’t care.

YMMV though. 8)

As Kam Chancellor says everytime Sherman runs his mouth and becomes a disruption, it takes away from the team's focus..............they play worse when that happens.

So no, I wasn't a fan of Doug yelling at the camera. And he knows that too, that's why he stopped doing it.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seymour":1kq6vhoc said:

RW missed a WR in the stride 50 yards downfield so clearly he is a bum.....

:sarcasm_off: