Playoff matchup

Gio

Reaction score
Which team do you prefer our Seahawks to face in Wildcard Playoffs if clinch a wildcard spot ? (In order we get a wildcard we need to win Cardinals and Panthers to win Falcons)

If Rams win 49ers we are gonna face them, whatever Panthers or Saints do. But if they lose we are gonna face either Panthers (if they win ATL and Saints lose) or Saints if they win.

Personally i want to face the Panthers.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I would rather face the Panthers, but that seems really unlikely because it requires not only a win by them at Atlanta but also a Saints' loss to Tampa Bay and a 49ers' win over the Rams.

1. Panthers 2. Rams (revenge opportunity & already beat them in L.A.) 3. Saints (probably the 2nd best team in the NFL).

hawknation2017

Reaction score
iigakusei":33pz6l0h said:
Rams and it isn't close.

I think being as familiar with the L.A. Coliseum stadium as the Seahawks are is helpful. They know they can win there.

However, the Rams are a much better team than the Panthers. It's going to kind of suck if the Rams intentionally rest starters against the Whiners, & we end up with the Saints, one of the harder stadiums to play in.

Then again, we will be grateful just to make the playoffs.

Beat the Cardinals! Go Hawks!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Gio":1zrixmki said:
Which team do you prefer our Seahawks to face in Wildcard Playoffs if clinch a wildcard spot ? (In order we get a wildcard we need to win Cardinals and Panthers to win Falcons)

If Rams win 49ers we are gonna face them, whatever Panthers or Saints do. But if they lose we are gonna face either Panthers (if they win ATL and Saints lose) or Saints if they win.

Personally i want to face the Panthers.
Agree.

I think the Panthers are the better matchup for Seattle.

I think the Saints Cameron Jordan would continuously harass Wilson.

I think the Seahawks would have a better shot at winning if they play the panthers.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
So basically, Seahawks winning is a must. Panthers beating the Falcons is necessary to make the playoffs. And the Saints losing to the Bucs would be nice.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
In order of easiest to hardest away playoff match-ups
1. Eagles
2. Panthers
3. Rams
4. Saints
5. Vikings

It is possible we might not have to face Minnesota or NO on our way to the SB.

WC
#6 Sea @ #3 LA
#5 Car @ #4 NO

Div
#6 Sea @ #1 Phi
#5 Car @ #2 Min

NFCCG
#6 Sea @ #5 Car

ctrcat

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1jqh5wdy said:
I would rather face the Panthers, but that seems really unlikely because it requires not only a win by them at Atlanta but also a Saints' loss to Tampa Bay and a 49ers' win over the Rams.

1. Panthers 2. Rams (revenge opportunity & already beat them in L.A.) 3. Saints (probably the 2nd best team in the NFL).

In recent weeks the Saints have lost Vaccaro and AJ Klein, after losing Okafor weeks back. Those are major contributors at all levels of their D.

Meanwhile the Panthers got back Olsen and Ryan Kalil, and will get back Johnson and Davis this week from suspensions. The return of Unger for the 2014 playoffs for the Hawks showed how much the return of a quality, vet center means in an of itself.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
ctrcat":d686ig6d said:
hawknation2017":d686ig6d said:

In recent weeks the Saints have lost Vaccaro and AJ Klein, after losing Okafor weeks back. Those are major contributors at all levels of their D.

Meanwhile the Panthers got back Olsen and Ryan Kalil, and will get back Johnson and Davis this week from suspensions. The return of Unger for the 2014 playoffs for the Hawks showed how much the return of a quality, vet center means in an of itself.

Good points & good luck to your team this week. Go Panthers. Go Hawks!

ctrcat

Reaction score
hawknation2017":34x6nl5l said:
ctrcat":34x6nl5l said:
hawknation2017":34x6nl5l said:

Good points & good luck to your team this week. Go Panthers. Go Hawks!

:irishdrinkers:

Eamon696

Reaction score
While they may not be the easiest matchup, I think if we can face the Rams and beat them in LA, that would a momentum-point for our team that could carry us through to the Superbowl.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Looks like the Rams are tanking for the #4 seed so they can play the Eagles. Which would mean we would play either the Saints or the Panthers correct?

Either way I'm not sure we can go on the road and beat any of these teams, but if I had to choose give me the Panthers.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ysdyrik said:
Looks like the Rams are tanking for the #4 seed so they can play the Eagles. Which would mean we would play either the Saints or the Panthers correct?

Either way I'm not sure we can go on the road and beat any of these teams, but if I had to choose give me the Panthers.

If Rams lose against 49ers , we will face either Saints (if they win) or Panthers(if they win and Saints lose) and if Rams lose and they win the wildcard playoffs , they will face the Eagles in Divisional Playoffs.

Erebus

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1nzno0h8 said:

Yes that is correct that we would play the Saints or Panthers, but I don't think the Rams would tank just to lower their playoff seed. That would be an uncharacteristic show of fear. However, they might decide to give some starters some much needed rest. I think they would rather have the #3 seed so they could play us again or the Falcons in the wild card round instead of playing against either the Panthers or Saints. Also, as a warm weather team, the Rams might prefer to play the Vikings indoors instead of the Eagles outdoors in Philadelphia where it will be cold and maybe snowing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the Rams coach has already said he's resting quite a few of their starters. And the way the Niners are playing, wouldn't be surprised to the them beat the Rams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, I'm probably of the minority, but I'm hoping we play the Rams. Would make for a hell of a matchup.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3sng0mbe said:
No doubt, I'm probably of the minority, but I'm hoping we play the Rams. Would make for a hell of a matchup.

Matchup? Hell I'm thinking a revenge game is what it might take to light a fire in the belly of this team. They were humiliated at home, you can't tell me they would walk into the Coliseum without the intent of issuing a full service beat-down.

NJlargent

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3opu2bn3 said:
iigakusei":3opu2bn3 said:
Rams and it isn't close.

I think being as familiar with the L.A. Coliseum stadium as the Seahawks are is helpful. They know they can win there.

However, the Rams are a much better team than the Panthers. It's going to kind of suck if the Rams intentionally rest starters against the Whiners, & we end up with the Saints, one of the harder stadiums to play in.

Then again, we will be grateful just to make the playoffs.

Beat the Cardinals! Go Hawks!

I agree with this. I think we get the Rams (assuming we get in). But the niners are a lot better than given credit for and that game with the rams could be interesting assuming the starters are not rested.