Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Hawks in the UK this year? - EDIT - Confirmed - 10/14

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • 1 hour flight from Paris i'm all in!!! Can't wait and I'll be glad to meet some .net members in a pub!

I'm so happy!!!!!!!! I spent 4000$ 3 years ago for a trip to Seattle and the Cowboys game... bought two tickets for 650$. Turns out it was our first loss in like 3 years @home... I was devastated. What a blessing to be able to assist another Hawks game!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• I'll definitely arrange some kind of meet up for us all.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:I'll definitely arrange some kind of meet up for us all.

:irishdrinkers:
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• Great stuff! Not generally a fan of taking games overseas but I will gladly attend this one anyway! It would ne nice to make it to a Meeting too.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• Even though we were hoping it would be 2018, we're stoked to make our first ever trip to London. Got the wife on board, boom :2thumbs:
    Now to figure out how the hell to come up with the money :shock:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I get the negativity for UK games from US fans , I really do and I wouldn't have wanted the seahawks to have had this as a home game. But this is hard to explain for a UK fan. 37 years waiting to get to see them . Amazing news today !!
    idle Eric
    NET Bench Warmer

• It would be nice if we could play our road game vs. the Panthers in week 5, and then just go to London from there. It would make the travel so much easier on the team.
    timmat
    NET Rookie

• timmat wrote:It would be nice if we could play our road game vs. the Panthers in week 5, and then just go to London from there. It would make the travel so much easier on the team.

Absolutely.

Not far off a flight to Miami from Seattle if thats the case.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• I wish they would have put this off a little longer. I already made plans to go to the UK in December this year. Bummer

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• HoldYourHawk wrote:Thank goodness this is our road game.

On that note I don't understand how more home teams aren't upset that a game supposedly minutes from home is now hours oversea. Seems like a potential disadvantage as you lose a home game.

Generally the home team that gives up it's game makes more money swapping out for a london game, so the owners of those teams are happy to do it. Look at the selection of teams that have done the London games as home games; they are usually teams lagging in home stadium support. Raiders are a perfect example. Teams with older stadiums that don't bring in as much revenue, or lackluster fan bases are happy to bring in the extra revenue these London games provide.

Remember, we as fans are here for the game. The owners are mostly about the profits.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• UGHHH we trade our second closest road trip for London! Can't wait to see the air miles traveled stat next year. We're gonna beat the next closest team by 10,000 miles.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• AlciG wrote:I need to get me some tickets ASAP. I live in the Netherlands so London is just a short flight away.

:irishdrinkers:

:ditto: Short trip across the sea and we're there
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'll be there. Coming from Nashville. Direct flights starting in May. Gotta figure out when tickets go on sale and how to get em. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:
    TheHawkDoc
    NET Rookie

• Thought I'd show a very recent photo of the stadium we'll be playing in for the game...

Here's a link to an interactive page with different views of the construction...

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The rules are you get a bye week after (unless you waive it which Indy has done) so then I hope we get our Thursday night game after the bye

small chance but would a really nice long break in the middle with an extended week after the TNF game
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• I've been waiting for this one as well. London is a fun city to visit and the pound is still discounted a little.

I do agree with the schedule complaints. In the interest of parity you would think they could always schedule west coast teams at 4 EST, schedule thursday night games after a bye, and make some effort to balance out miles traveled at least within a division. I'll skeptically file this under the "It must be harder than we think it is" category.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• So happy the hawks are coming over to the UK! I get why some of you guys might not like it, but I've been to every IS in the last 5 years and the fans can't get enough and it is growing fast.

I know it kinda had a boom way back this day and age is different, we get access to everything like gamepass/twitter/YouTube we keep up to date with everything way easier than 'back in the day'.

I'm totally against the UK having a franchise that's been mentioned, we already have teams who we love, we don't want another!!

UK has a huge seattle following and I'm sure we'll do the 12s proud v the raiders in London!
    SnapDan
    NET Bench Warmer

• My brother in law and his family are moving to England in a couple months. Seems like October will be a great month to go visit them. And if I can justify a trip to our UK office I might just be able to have the company foot the bill for the airfare.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

• gowazzu02 wrote:UGHHH we trade our second closest road trip for London! Can't wait to see the air miles traveled stat next year. We're gonna beat the next closest team by 10,000 miles.

I'm fairly certain Oakland will have more travel miles than Seattle next year.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• It might be tough to get tickets to this one! I'm still going to get as close as possible
    London12
    NET Starter

• I'm absolutely delighted with this news as a UK fan. Bit of a shame the game isn't at Twickenham as I fully expect Spurs' new ground to be every bit as soulless as Wembley, but I can't complain as this is incredible news. Definitely renewing the UK ST!
    Beren
    NET Rookie

• I'm putting it on my UK friends to get us a pair of tix :)
    I'm sure that won't be a problem. Now the goal is to book our flights sooner than later. Found a decent price (from what I was told) on Expedia today for a couple round trip fights.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Still don’t like the idea of overseas games, but I’m happy for the overseas fans that get to see their beloved Hawks.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm putting it on my UK friends to get us a pair of tix :)
    I'm sure that won't be a problem. Now the goal is to book our flights sooner than later. Found a decent price (from what I was told) on Expedia today for a couple round trip fights.

Norwegian Airlines do a really cheap flight to and from Seattle!

75%+ of the UK fans that visit CLink travel via them :)
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Oohh, thx, I'm gonna' check that out now. :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I’m going.

Wanted to take my family anyway.

Hopefully I get to meet me fellow .netters who are locals.
    Anyone know the earliest and how we procure tickets
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Just checked out Norwegian Air, the "low fare" option is about a grand for 2 people total, RT, direct flights from Seattle. Pretty good. Not sure how much they charge for meals and the seat selection though.

We have our Alaska Air companion fare to use. Would doing a round trip on Alaska to New York/back to Seattle be a good option? Then maybe a separate RT - British Air from NY to Heathrow?

Just curious, have never traveled out of the country, let alone across the pond.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like the stadiums going to be blue and green,how sensitive are the instruments at the University of Washington ?
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

• I am intending on attending, I have been to all the regular season London games.

I have registered my interest with NFL UK although I have had a season ticket. The new stadium holds 61000 amd there are around 35-40000 season ticket holders who I understand get priority. If it is not possible to get a ticket in the general sale there is a possibility closer to the date. This is when the tickets for travel packages and those reserved for the home teams season ticket holders that have not been taken up are returned.

When the tickets go on sale, the sale normally starts at 10.00am GMT.
    ronnieboycefanclub
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Hawks in the UK this year?
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Awesome for Raider fans in Oakland who only have 1 or 2 more seasons with their team and are losing a home game.

Glad its a road game for us.

The Raiders will be losing a home game every year before they make the move. They’ve played the past two years in Mexico as the home team (16 vs Houston MNF, 17 vs Patriots)
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:Thought I'd show a very recent photo of the stadium we'll be playing in for the game...

Here's a link to an interactive page with different views of the construction...

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/

lmao that’s really going to be ready by October? Figured by now they’d be putting the final touches on it. Though I admit I know zero about architecture and engineering.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Storts wrote:
    original poster wrote:Not confirmed as yet guys, 1 hour and 46 mins to go!

Not confirmed officially correct, but everything points to it being the case

Absolutely.

I will be amazed if the announcement doesn't confirm Seahawks @ Raiders.

Seems to be -

Philadelphia @ Jacksonville
    Seahawks @ Oakland
    Titans @ LA Chargers

Are the other two correct?
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I think the UK Hawks fans deserve to see their team for once.
    They are really into them just like we are and why they picked us(I have no idea)
    EnglishHawk and UKHawk..You guys come to mind.
    I know I'm missing a couple no offense but hey enjoy the game guys.
    Go Hawks!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:I think the UK Hawks fans deserve to see their team for once.
    They are really into them just like we are and why they picked us(I have no idea)
    Go Hawks!!!

I'd rather they get to watch their team play in the SuperBowl. We already face a big enough challenge with regards to travel. Flying over the dang Atlantic just compounds that. Watch they play it at 6:30 am PT so the Seattle living fans have to wake up at the AC of dawn to watch.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like a cool stadium. I haven't been to London in over a decade, but I might have to make the trip. I have some extended family there and used to work at the Inns of Court before starting law school. I wonder if Marshawn Lynch will be playing in this game.
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie

• gowazzu02 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I think the UK Hawks fans deserve to see their team for once.
    Go Hawks!!!

I'd rather they get to watch their team play in the SuperBowl. We already face a big enough challenge with regards to travel. Flying over the dang Atlantic just compounds that. Watch they play it at 6:30 am PT so the Seattle living fans have to wake up at the AC of dawn to watch.

Apparently when the Rams played the Cards in 2017, they had a 10 AM PST start time. The NFL shows competence at least once a year.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Super cool for all the UK hawks fans to see a game live.
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

• So where is the Black hole and Hawks Nest going to be ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Awesome news! :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Already planning my trip south :)

I do appreciate why some fans in the US don't like the idea - football is a way of life - but until I save enough for a 3 week trip to the Pacific North west during September, then this is heaven for me.
    AlbaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:I think the UK Hawks fans deserve to see their team for once.
    Go Hawks!!!

And myself :D

Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Storts wrote:
    original poster wrote:Not confirmed as yet guys, 1 hour and 46 mins to go!

Absolutely.

Seems to be -

Seahawks @ Oakland
    Titans @ LA Chargers

Yep!
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• AlbaHawk wrote:Awesome news! :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

I do appreciate why some fans in the US don't like the idea - football is a way of life - but until I save enough for a 3 week trip to the Pacific North west during September, then this is heaven for me.

Image :229031_cheers:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• AlbaHawk wrote:Awesome news! :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Absolutely, it costs us UK fans at least £3-4000 ($4-5500).

The fact we get to see them play for a couple hundred pounds is incredible!
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy wrote:
    AlbaHawk wrote:Awesome news! :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Image :229031_cheers:

Cheers KitsapGuy! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
    AlbaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 am
  • original poster wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I think the UK Hawks fans deserve to see their team for once.
    Go Hawks!!!

And myself :D
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Storts wrote:

Absolutely.

Seems to be -

Seahawks @ Oakland
    Titans @ LA Chargers

Yep!

I had no idea you was from UK until recently.
    There is more that I was not aware of.
    The first UK mod that I have seen.
    PeHawk would have loved that :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Thinking about it a bit more with a reduced capacity stadium and only three games instead of four - with far better matchups than 2017 - tickets for this will be very hard to come by I reckon.

London season ticket holders ordinarily get first dibs on available tickets, then what's left goes to General Sale - I think after season ticket renewals and hospitality tickets, that could be roughly 10k tickets between two immensely popular teams in Seattle and Oakland.
    Beren
    NET Rookie

• Love it! Already booked my hotel. Will be nice to be able to see a game live this year. I'm working for the Army in Germany. The wife saw it before I did and called me immediately.
    ArmyHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• I actually think this game will have the highest demand and they have put it in the smallest stadium. 60k capacity and I'm sure they will limit seats near the touchlines also. I can see quite a few people being disappointed. As soon as they are going on sale I'm on that website.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:I actually think this game will have the highest demand and they have put it in the smallest stadium. 60k capacity and I'm sure they will limit seats near the touchlines also. I can see quite a few people being disappointed. As soon as they are going on sale I'm on that website.

From what I have read about the new stadium - the pitch is lower doen so they can use all of the seats. :2thumbs:
    AlbaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• AlbaHawk wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:I actually think this game will have the highest demand and they have put it in the smallest stadium. 60k capacity and I'm sure they will limit seats near the touchlines also. I can see quite a few people being disappointed. As soon as they are going on sale I'm on that website.

From what I have read about the new stadium - the pitch is lower doen so they can use all of the seats. :2thumbs:

I'm getting nervous about this in all honesty. Apparently they sell around 45k season tickets (i.e. all the London games) and thats when there are 4 games, 3 will obviously be cheaper. This is no problem when its Wembley with 90k seats but with Tottenham thats 3 quarters of the tickets gone before general individual game sale.

That said I work at Great Ormond Street childrens hospital, I can feel a cheeky tweet to Russell Wilson coming on. Happy to give him the tour :P
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• As a Londoner I am very much stoked for this and will be awaiting with bated breath when the tickets come on sale. I have friends and family who are keen too, so fingers crossed we can snap up a batch of tickets when they go on sale.

I understand the sentiment from those US Hawks...I managed to go to Seattle to see us edge past the Lions recently (the "batting" controversy) and it was an insane atmosphere.

For other UK Hawk fans who have not had the chance to see them play, this is fantastic news.

Think the stadium will be seattle favoured...although normally Raiders have some sort of presence in the UK.

Very keen for a .net drink or 2 in a local establishment :irishdrinkers:
    Followthelegion
    NET Rookie

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information