Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

POLL: How Long Until The Hawks Get Back To The Super Bowl?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

How Soon Will It Take For The Hawks To Get Back To The Super Bowl?

This year. (mic drop)
34%
2 years at least.
29%
3 years at least.
22%
4 years at least.
1%
5 years or longer.
14%

Total votes : 134

• Retool. Rebuild. Refine. Reload.

Semantics aside, how soon do you think it will take the Seahawks to get back to elite/Championship-caliber?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• We can't rule out anything. The Eagles showed this year that strange things can happen, like winning a Super Bowl against the Patriots with Nick Foles at QB. A Pete Carroll-coached defense always has a chance to be good. Russell Wilson is a great QB. Finally having a smarter OC could pay huge dividends for the offense.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• There are variables in all this. For instance, are we presuming we keep KJ, Wagner, and Wilson? That will matter a lot.
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie

• Definitely variables for days. That's what makes the poll utterly unscientific and fun.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 3 years, this year is getting experience and chemistry, next year is the push for the playoffs and learning how to win when the spotlight on, the next year would be the break thru season. This is all given health and no aberrations as far as weird flags that do something that derail things.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I think it matters on how the ET situation is handled. They sign him longterm I think they might be able to make the playoffs this year, and compete for a SB next year. If he is traded for peanuts, or holds out half a season it’s going to set the team back substantially.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• 5 years. After Carroll retires in 2019, it'll take 3 years for a new coach to put the pieces together.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• they're in the thick of things right now, and the media pundits aren't even aware. this is a great seahawks squad! it will be something like 5 or 6 weeks into the season, and the media (espn, s.i., etc.) will wake up and realize seahawks are totally in the mix...
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Ahh, now see your header is different to me than the actual poll question. I voted quickly this year without hesitation thinking playoffs and having a shot was "back." My true answer to the poll would be 2 years at least. While I truly believe we make the playoffs this year and are improved, I think it takes a couple years to have a legitimate shot at a Superbowl.

I really like the young talent we have and the energy/buzz going on there. I think the addition of Solari and the change to Schotty make a world of difference.

Go Hawks!!!
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Holy hell!! 34% say this season surprises me?? I thought I was optimistic saying 2 years minimum. Well, I hope they are right!!
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:Holy hell!! 34% say this season surprises me?? I thought I was optimistic saying 2 years minimum. Well, I hope they are right!!

I was thinking a few were being facetious.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Hawk1217 wrote:There are variables in all this. For instance, are we presuming we keep KJ, Wagner, and Wilson? That will matter a lot.

I wouldn't presume anything beyond Wilson.

If Griffin pops at WILL, then I doubt we extend KJ, and we probably will extend Bobby..........but even that might not happen if he shows signs of decline this year and/or gets hurt.

As far as the question, I think if we have another couple drafts like this one, we should be close again in two years. Still need to restock the defense, especially the line and defensive backfield.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Aros wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Holy hell!! 34% say this season surprises me?? I thought I was optimistic saying 2 years minimum. Well, I hope they are right!!

Could be, but that is quite a few smart asses isn't it? I didn't know there were than may of "us" on here LOL. :twisted:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

Nope! Were going to the SB with or without you Bro!! :sarcasm_off:

Realistically....it's off season and it's fun to speculate....but ya, nobody knows much till at least pre season to see how much hype shakes out I agree.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

Yes, we should shut the forum down until the first eight games are played.

No reason to spend time having interesting and engaging conversations speculating about how long it might take to get back to a SB with the current and future roster.

That's utter nonsense........................ANGUISH, SHUT THIS MOTHER DOWN UNTIL GAME 8!!
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Aros wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Holy hell!! 34% say this season surprises me?? I thought I was optimistic saying 2 years minimum. Well, I hope they are right!!

Or hoping that the negative nancies would make the exact sputtering responses that they did.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

No reason to spend time having interesting and engaging conversations speculating about how long it might take to get back to a SB with the current and future roster.

That's utter nonsense........................ANGUISH, SHUT THIS MOTHER DOWN UNTIL GAME 8!!

Orrrr....we could at least wait until after the playoffs and completely take the prediction out of our prediction. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• If the offense can learn how to score points before the 3rd quarter, I don't see why this team can't compete in every game. Russell is still Russell, couple that with an actual running game so the defense isn't on the field for 75% of the game, I think they should be okay. Pete will have to be a little less vanilla on defense while the new guys get up to speed but I trust him working with that side of the ball.

Rams went all in this year so it'll be tough to get the NFC West, especially with the growing pains that'll show up early on, but a WC seed isn't unrealistic IMO.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

LOL! :2thumbs:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Hopefully this year . I voted three years,get rid of PC ,build from a good nucleus,coach of the year and Wilson MVP.

One can only dream.
    calihawk
    NET Practice Squad

• I don't understand why so many people here can't see the obvious - the players on the team were never the problem. When push came to shove during the second half of games, the "game plan" would be thrown out the window and the players would play to their strengths and improvise plays that worked. That's when RW would turn into the best QB in the league. The slow starts that were complained about rested strictly on the heads of cabevel. With them gone, we can expect that the new coaches will play to the strengths of our actual players from the start of every game. I fully expect to see a 14 point per game jump in offensive output this year just from getting rid of the stupid play calling and cable's "blocking" scheme of every o-lineman throwing themselves on the ground to act a speedbumps.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I don't understand why so many people here can't see the obvious - the players on the team were never the problem. When push came to shove during the second half of games, the "game plan" would be thrown out the window and the players would play to their strengths and improvise plays that worked. That's when RW would turn into the best QB in the league. The slow starts that were complained about rested strictly on the heads of cabevel. With them gone, we can expect that the new coaches will play to the strengths of our actual players from the start of every game. I fully expect to see a 14 point per game jump in offensive output this year just from getting rid of the stupid play calling and cable's "blocking" scheme of every o-lineman throwing themselves on the ground to act a speedbumps.

Maybe not but facts are fact.

We lost Richardson, Richardson, Graham, Bennett, Avril, Sherman, Willson, Chancellor, and quite possible Thomas.

So, many of the players that "were not the problem" are now gone, and most were "team top 10" players.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• The title says “back” are we talking back to the owl? Back in contention? Back to the playoffs? Back to being part of the national conversation? Because of the positional coaching changes and what many perceive to be addition by subtraction regarding some of the malcontents and possible trouble makers then I vote now! But then I’ve always been an optimistic Seahawks fan. I once believed they would be the team of the decade. Every decade...
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• I expect about 3 years before we are a team can be competitive in the playoffs again (not counting wildcard games).

I don't think elite is coming again. We were elite because we had better players at multiple positions and that is likely not in the cards again.

But I think we can be very good in a few years and I am happy with that.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:I don't understand why so many people here can't see the obvious - the players on the team were never the problem. When push came to shove during the second half of games, the "game plan" would be thrown out the window and the players would play to their strengths and improvise plays that worked. That's when RW would turn into the best QB in the league. The slow starts that were complained about rested strictly on the heads of cabevel. With them gone, we can expect that the new coaches will play to the strengths of our actual players from the start of every game. I fully expect to see a 14 point per game jump in offensive output this year just from getting rid of the stupid play calling and cable's "blocking" scheme of every o-lineman throwing themselves on the ground to act a speedbumps.

You can't sub divide blame. Football is the ultimate team game, it's everything..............coaching, drafting, playcalling and the players.

There's most certainly blame to go around for the players. We had an all star defense that underachieved for the past 2-3 years...........either through age, injury, motivation or just flat out didn't play well..............and no one can tell me the O-line wasn't an issue, and RB position.

So you can't just explain away the past 2-3 years on Bevell and Cable. Those guys were there during the SB runs.

I do think we're getting back to that young nasty physical ball control and defense, but IMO there's still work to be done on starting and depth.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• getnasty wrote:I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.

LOL, so you be thinkin' that they should have kept Bevey as O.C. because he was the better option than Schotty?
    I believe that RW & Schottenheimer are going to be feeding off a way better Playbook.
    I believe that OVERALL, we are going to be much, much better than last season...Hell, we were just a couple field goals away from a Wild Card to the playoffs last Year, and that was with NO Run Game, Crap Kicking Game, a bunch of injuries, + Tom Cable, & Darryl Bevell mucking up the whole process.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:The title says “back” are we talking back to the owl? Back in contention? Back to the playoffs? Back to being part of the national conversation?

My bad...Apparently I have caused some confusion with the thread title being a bit ambiguous. I changed it to be more specific. I always meant to say Super Bowl, not just playoffs.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Anyone who thinks getting rid of Pete Carroll improves our chances at a Super Bowl is clearly delusional.

Have they forgotten Jim Mora already? Tom Flores? Dennis Erickson? Carroll has accomplished things at the college and NFL level that very few head coaches have ever done. He is one of the very best head coaches and defensive minds in the history of the game.

I hope he means what he says when he said he plans to coach for at least another five years. That would improve our chances. But even the likeliest teams, I.e. Belichick’s Patriots, went a decade between championships. Nothing is guaranteed, which is why it helps to have a supportive fan base.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:Anyone who thinks getting rid of Pete Carroll improves our chances at a Super Bowl is clearly delusional.

Have they forgotten Jim Mora already? Tom Flores? Dennis Erickson? Carroll has accomplished things at the college and NFL level that very few head coaches have ever done. He is one of the very best head coaches and defensive minds in the history of the game.

I hope he means what he says when he said he plans to coach for at least another five years. That would improve our chances. But even the likeliest teams, I.e. Belichick’s Patriots, went a decade between championships. Nothing is guaranteed, which is why it helps to have a supportive fan base.

Yep, yep, yep.

It's not like Super Bowl-winning coaches grow on trees to your point. I think some fans assume Pete is done. He has nothing left in the tank. How absurd. It's about players that resonate with his message (see: young and hungry with chips on their shoulders). Sure the salty veterans tune him out and it's no coincidence that those players are gone.

This is a reboot and I can't wait to see and hear all the mediots eat their words soon enough.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:Anyone who thinks getting rid of Pete Carroll improves our chances at a Super Bowl is clearly delusional.

Yep, yep, yep.

It's not like Super Bowl-winning coaches grow on trees to your point. I think some fans assume Pete is done. He has nothing left in the tank. How absurd. It's about players that resonate with his message (see: young and hungry with chips on their shoulders). Sure the salty veterans tune him out and it's no coincidence that those players are gone.

This is a reboot and I can't wait to see and hear all the mediots eat their words soon enough.

This in spades. Pete Carroll has not been the problem (big picture no, has he made mistakes, sure). To replace him before he wants to go would be a colossal mistake in my opinion.
    Vaclav44
    NET Rookie

• scutterhawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.

LOL, so you be thinkin' that they should have kept Bevey as O.C. because he was the better option than Schotty?
    I believe that RW & Schottenheimer are going to be feeding off a way better Playbook.
    I believe that OVERALL, we are going to be much, much better than last season...Hell, we were just a couple field goals away from a Wild Card to the playoffs last Year, and that was with NO Run Game, Crap Kicking Game, a bunch of injuries, + Tom Cable, & Darryl Bevell mucking up the whole process.

I'm trying to remember where I said they should have kept Bevell, oh that's right I didn't. I think it was time for a change and liked the Pete shook things up but BS has been nothing short of horrible in his career. I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you said.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• The last time a Superbowl run for the Seahawks ended was the 2008 season. By the 2012 season, they were back to being contenders. Paul Allen plays a very important part in why this team has been competitive since he has taken over.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:The last time a Superbowl run for the Seahawks ended was the 2008 season. By the 2012 season, they were back to being contenders. Paul Allen plays a very important part in why this team has been competitive since he has taken over.

He will go after high profile coaches and pay them, that helps.

If Pete retired Suddenly you can bet Paul would hold a round table of guys he knows and trusts that have their fingers on the pulse of the league knowing who is unhappy and who is going to be able to lead and maintain a way to the Super Bowl again, we went with Offense and Holmgren the first time and Defense and Pete the second.

I would think Jim Harbaugh would be on that list as well as Pederson, he is from Bellingham, we went after Holmgren in Green Bay and I would think no hesitation would be made going after Pederson if his winning holds up.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Personally, I'm very surprised so many picked this year to make it back to the Super Bowl. It must be just for fun. The NFC is loaded with SB contending teams (Philly, Atlanta, New Orleans, Minn, GB, LAR) all with a better chance than us this year.

I personally said 2 years at least since it will take this year just to adjust to the new coaching schemes on offense and get the defense back in shape with the new guys up. Love to be proven wrong, but very doubtful.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• I voted this year, and here's why.

A lot of teams/people are going to be sleeping on us this year since we lost a lot of big names, and that's a mistake. We have quite a few solid players and I think we're going to make a big splash. As far as the Superbowl goes, even the best teams can lose their spot in the playoffs due to injuries, miscues, offense/defense not doing their part, etc. Anything can happen, and I'm rooting for the Seahawks to go all the way, even if everyone says there's no statistical chance of it happening. It's called "I believe"
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

• So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

• Palmegranite wrote:So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

I'm confused by your statement. Because we have Russell, that means the rest of the team is already a SB caliber roster?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Palmegranite wrote:So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

I'm confused by your statement. Because we have Russell, that means the rest of the team is already a SB caliber roster?

There are multiple teams every year with Super Bowl-caliber rosters. This fact is usually hidden simply because only one team can win per NFL rules.

So I have little problem thinking that Russell and a HEALTHY surrounding team is likely a Super Bowl roster. 2017 doesn't get that title from me because of the K situations, but besides that, I had no problem believing it. Just gotta stay reasonably healthy.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Palmegranite wrote:So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

There are multiple teams every year with Super Bowl-caliber rosters. This fact is usually hidden simply because only one team can win per NFL rules.

So I have little problem thinking that Russell and a HEALTHY surrounding team is likely a Super Bowl roster. 2017 doesn't get that title from me because of the K situations, but besides that, I had no problem believing it. Just gotta stay reasonably healthy.

Not according to Palmegranite. He's saying Russell won't just QB idly, he must only be here to win SB's!!!
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Palmegranite wrote:So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

This is a once in a generation QB talent and I concur. Here; here!!! :irishdrinkers:

Though Russell Wilson didnt make the Seahawks; He makes them better.

10 guys said 5 years? Baffling.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• It really is weird to see people picking us to go to the SB this year. That is very very unlikely.

The Rams are literally going to be better than us in every facet with the exception of QB, LB, and hopefully, Safety.

They are in our division.

I am not sure how you can look at this roster without the most Action-Green tinted goggles and honestly think this is a SB roster. Unless we somehow elude the Rams and they end up getting knocked out by someone else (which is possible) or the Rams sustain some devastating injury to a key player (QB or RB), that is a significant if not almost insurmountable roadblock.

But I think this team can be considered a success without a SB this year, it would be ridiculous to expect this team to make a SB one year after not even making the playoffs at all. If we do anything in the playoffs at all, we should be ecstatic. SB is asking a bit too much considering.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:
    But I think this team can be considered a success without a SB this year, it would be ridiculous to expect this team to make a SB one year after not even making the playoffs at all. If we do anything in the playoffs at all, we should be ecstatic. SB is asking a bit too much considering.

Bingo.

I actually am excited to see what this young roster and new coaching staff can do..........and yes Russell gives us the ability to compete in every game.

But SB? No. Too many roster holes, too much inexperience and too hard of a division. But I do think with Russell healthy and if the defense can play well we can battle for a Wild Card.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I think this year is unlikely (though not impossible) for a Super Bowl. Too many new pieces and unknowns. Stranger things have happened most certainly and "why not us?" and all of that but the smell test says at least a year or two away from a legitimate shot at the big dance again.

I can totally see us surprising the league this year and squeaking in to the wildcard spot though.

As many have said and I wholeheartedly agree, with Russell Wilson, you ALWAYS have a shot to win (it all).

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• getnasty wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.

I'm trying to remember where I said they should have kept Bevell, oh that's right I didn't. I think it was time for a change and liked the Pete shook things up but BS has been nothing short of horrible in his career. I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you said.

Your statement that "Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense", which is an insinuation that "Shotty" wasn't an upgrade over Bevell.
    NOW, if Schotts can meld with Russell Wilson like he did with Drew Breese, there's no reason to believe that they won't vastly improve on the TOP, giving the Defense much needed rest between sessions.
    Unlike a lot of folks in here, I don't believe that with Pete Carroll's Defensive acumen, that we will be seeing a sharp drop off in Defensive structure.
    Bobby Wagner said that people are selling the Seahawks Defense short, and that is a mistake...I believe him.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:

Bingo.

I actually am excited to see what this young roster and new coaching staff can do..........and yes Russell gives us the ability to compete in every game.

But SB? No. Too many roster holes, too much inexperience and too hard of a division. But I do think with Russell healthy and if the defense can play well we can battle for a Wild Card.

Yep, a wild card is the best case scenario for this year. Right now I have the NFC North and South with 2 teams each getting to the playoffs, and the NFC East and West with one each. We have to somehow beat out one of the North and South teams to make it. Things can change, but still a very hard road this year.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• It's amazing how perceptions change based on a few plays. Heck we were literally 1 kick (field goal) away from a 10 win season last year. How, do you suppose the perception from the national media would be if we only made that 1 kick?

I suspect the the talk would be drastically different if we ended 10-6 vs 9-7. Frankly we played most of last season without many of the big names who are now gone. I don't see any reason why we can't be a playoff team this year. The offense should be improved with a line scheme more suited for our players.

As long as RW stays healthy I think we see improvement along the offensive side of the ball thus alleviating some of the pressure on the defense. I fully expect Seattle to be a 9-10 win team again this year.

Everyone wants to anoint the Rams and 49ers. Let's see them do it for more than 1 year (in SF case more than 1/2 a season) before we get too carried away. Anyone/team can have a big year, the key is sustaining success. There's a reason why nearly half of the playoff teams each year are teams who weren't there the previous season. Staying on top is tough to do.

This year the Rams will be the hunted instead of the "nothing to lose" hunters, they will have more pressure on them then anyone has ever experienced in that organization. Last year was a fluke in that that were a excessive amount of 10+ win teams. Usually, 10 wins get you in the playoffs, Seattle wouldn't have made it even if they had won, I think we'll see things tightening up amongst the NFC with some of those teams coming down to earth.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:It's amazing how perceptions change based on a few plays. Heck we were literally 1 kick (field goal) away from a 10 win season last year. How, do you suppose the perception from the national media would be if we only made that 1 kick?

Good points. I turned the channel the other day to NFL Network and right at that moment they were playing a replay of the Seahawks / Jags game (NFL Redzone Week 14 Replay) from last season where we were in the process of kicking a field goal. Like a 43 yarder or something. Not recalling that particular play from last year offhand I laughed and thought "I bet he misses."

Yep.

God Walsh was brutal and by himself caused us not to be 10-6 or 11-5 even.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• jlwaters1 wrote:It's amazing how perceptions change based on a few plays. Heck we were literally 1 kick (field goal) away from a 10 win season last year. How, do you suppose the perception from the national media would be if we only made that 1 kick?.......

Little to none because of this shit show at home.
    Attachments
    Rams vs Hawks.jpg
    Rams vs Hawks.jpg (91.67 KiB) Viewed 658 times
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information