Reaction score
OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1icl5idd said:
I just made up a batch too........

Better double up. It's going to get munchingly interesting here I think. :snack: :snack:

:irishdrinkers:

acer1240

Reaction score
This thread is going to get ugly. How dare anyone give Wilson props!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This guy is definitely just looking at this from a statistical point of view. The stat sheet doesn't look that bad, it's when you physically watched him that things went awry. Gaffes, rookie mistakes, walking himself into sacks, and not identifying the blitz pre-snap, missing wide open receivers.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":tvb3yt8e said:
This guy is definitely just looking at this from a statistical point of view. The stat sheet doesn't look that bad, it's when you physically watched him that things went awry. Gaffes, rookie mistakes, walking himself into sacks, and not identifying the blitz pre-snap, missing wide open receivers.

Every QB in the NFL goes through those things every season also....but hell lets dump him for a shot at Dan McGwire (someone that can see over the line).
But, I do have one question. How do you know he did not identify the blitz pre snap? Because he didn't react how you would like is no reason BTW.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wasn't one of his better games, but he certainly didn't suck the way many think. Oh well, all in how you look at it. Another team loss, giving a game away they could have won.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1bitgbji said:

And you know all of this how? I don't see how anyone can judge if Russell missed a pre-snap blitz? Maybe he called protection and the OLine didn't hear it?

Missing wide open receivers? When was this? Who was this receiver? It wasn't Doug Baldwin late.

Walking himself in to sacks? Was there somewhere for him to go to escape Von Miller? Former Superbowl MVP?

"Miller was back in the Super Bowl two years later and won the game's MVP honors after harassing Cam Newton, whom he strip sacked twice, leading to 15 points in Denver's 24-10 win over the Panthers."

He was responsible for setting up 15 points in that game and shutting Cam Newton down. Von Miller is one of the best defensive players in the league.

I don't see how you can put so much on Russell. Listen to Pete Carroll's interview on 710 yesterday. It will give you an idea of what this team had to deal with in Denver, who is 8 - 1 in Home Season Opener's

Edit: 8 - 1 in home openers (not 18 - 1) :p

adeltaY

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2bzp0u03 said:

You are correct, but there's good and bad. It honestly depends how good this denver team turns out to be. My gut says they are going to suck. I think many teams are going to go into Denver and put up major points, just like last year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but it's worth reposting. I value Von Miller's opinion of Russell very highly.

Miller said in the lead-up to the opener that he hates playing Wilson, whom he considers the best QB in the game.

Yes, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, the only three who were ranked higher in The Associated Press quarterback rankings that came out Friday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/von-miller-wre ... ml?src=rss

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":1iahe02w said:
Spin Doctor":1iahe02w said:

Every QB in the NFL goes through those things every season also....but hell lets dump him for a shot at Dan McGwire (someone that can see over the line).
But, I do have one question. How do you know he did not identify the blitz pre snap? Because he didn't react how you would like is no reason BTW.
I said he had a bad game sue me. I don't think he is replacement level, I just think he has a lot of strange holes in his game that most Quarterbacks do not have. He hasn't developed his game. He compensates for that by being the best Quarterback on the run and outside of the pocket, and being one of the best at deep throws.

I like how whenever I have legitimate criticisms people jump down my throat. Russ, did not have a good game.

justafan

Reaction score
But but but...he did that spinny move thingie and got sacked,hes garbage, uncoachable,"the article" said it was all his fault and coaches arent mean to him like they were to Sherman.Its not fair.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
ivotuk":33g84941 said:
I posted this in another thread, but it's worth reposting. I value Von Miller's opinion of Russell very highly.

Miller said in the lead-up to the opener that he hates playing Wilson, whom he considers the best QB in the game.

Yes, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, the only three who were ranked higher in The Associated Press quarterback rankings that came out Friday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/von-miller-wre ... ml?src=rss
I don't care what Von Miller said. I care about the actual product on the field, which was deceptively bad. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm saying he had a bad game. How hard is that for people to understand?

acer1240

Reaction score
I get what you are saying Spin. Russ frustrates the hell out of me at times too.

Just try to appreciate the plays he does make though

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":14u97una said:
Seymour":14u97una said:
Spin Doctor":14u97una said:

I said he had a bad game sue me. I don't think he is replacement level, I just think he has a lot of strange holes in his game that most Quarterbacks do not have. He hasn't developed his game. He compensates for that by being the best Quarterback on the run and outside of the pocket, and being one of the best at deep throws.

I like how whenever I have legitimate criticisms people jump down my throat. Russ, did not have a good game.

My apologies then. I am losing track as they seem to appear in bunches here. I don't think he played particularly well either, but it was mainly limited to about 8 plays IMO. I disagree he "hasn't developed his game" though. I think there are still some weaknesses, and I think Tom Cable is responsible for 75+% of them too.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
There's no reason to attack someone who is critical of Wilson. There was probably an overreaction on Sunday afternoon after watching the game, and he probably took a bit too much criticism.

But even acknowledging that, he still played poorly. We treat him, expect him, and need him to be an All-Pro. He did not play that way overall on Sunday. I'm sure he would be the first to admit it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
His numbers were top 10 even for a down week. He is a top 5 QB. He just needs to stop running backwards and putting the team in a big hole because of it. Many of the sacks came in crucial situations.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson runs the offense. 2 third down conversions Sunday. That shouldn't make any fan happy. Wins are the only thing that define a QB not a bunch of stats.

adeltaY

Reaction score
xray":1i6gdub6 said:
Wilson runs the offense. 2 third down conversions Sunday. That shouldn't make any fan happy. Wins are the only thing that define a QB not a bunch of stats.

Your third down point is well taken, but the QBwinz philosophy is very flawed. By that logic did Drew Brees fail Sunday because he threw for 37/45 439 yd and 3 TDs and still lost?