Call me Crazy, O-line

zchurch74

Reaction score
Our oline is not great. But, they have improved from last year. The nfl average time to throw is something like 2.7 seconds. Russ holds the ball closer to 3.5. There are guys open but he is not seeing them and not getting rid of the ball.

I really think the team is playing OK. Nothing to be too excited but we are rebuilding. These last two games are on Russ. The sacks are not entirely on the oline. Russ has to take the blame on this.

Play calling is also terrible. Just plain vanilla!!!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
zchurch74":1jf0nf30 said:
Our oline is not great. But, they have improved from last year. The nfl average time to throw is something like 2.7 seconds. Russ holds the ball closer to 3.5. There are guys open but he is not seeing them and not getting rid of the ball.

I really think the team is playing OK. Nothing to be too excited but we are rebuilding. These last two games are on Russ. The sacks are not entirely on the oline. Russ has to take the blame on this.

They were holding their blocks pretty well. There were a couple of areas where Ifedi got ran over, or they blitzed and got to Wilson, but for the most part he has a lot of time. Wilson HAS got to get the ball out quicker. The announcers kept mentioning it as well. You CANNOT hold onto that ball for that long consistently. Wilson was also consistently late on his reads. Wilson is playing like Tarvaris Jackson. Lots of hesitation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Offensive line is still a turd quit trying to polish it.

With that being said, #3 looked indecisive and held on to the ball waaaaayyyyyy too long tonight.

The pick 6 was inexcusable, stared down Penny the whole way.

Play calling and O-line were crap, but the majority of the blame is on #3, he needs to and has to be much better.

nwHawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":1545taw3 said:

For some reason I keep thinking this has to be about rebuilding Russ and preparing him for the second half of the season. Keep the RBs fresh as well. So weird but I'm also thinking this is part of some weird freaking plan. Otherwise, wtf???