McDougald's health is very important

StoneCold

Reaction score
Guy is so good, we really need him. Hope he gets healthy, but think it will be unlikely. Without him I think the KC game could get ugly. Still hopeful, but...

sutz

Reaction score
He does a lot for us back there. Gotta hope he can play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not having him against that team on Sunday would be a massive blow imo. Bad enough we don't have Earl. Thompson is pretty hit or miss overall. No Earl AND Mcdougald? ouch

Jville

Reaction score
No reason to fear an opportunity for a developmental backup to get more snaps and experience. It's a necessary part of the process and an important one ....................
(On Delano Hill’s play) “I liked it. He’s a young player as well. There’s so many different young players, just different names coming up, and we’ve been working with them. They’ve been working their tails off the whole year waiting for their opportunity. Delano’s always been a guy that we felt just has all the right tools, it’s just a matter of playing time, experience, getting out there covering people, making the good plays and the bad plays and learning from those experiences, and he’s done that. I think it’s only going to get better for him from here on out.”

Transcript w/embedded audio >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/norton-jr-ken-12-19-18/[/urltargetblank]

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wednesday injury report for the Seahawks
No participation: WR1 Doug Baldwin (hip), RG DJ Fluker (hamstring), RB2 Rashaad Penny (knee), SS1 Bradley McDougald (knee), FS1 Tedric Thompson (Chest/Ankle), DE1 Frank Clark (elbow), CB1 Shaq Griffin (hip), DT1 Jarran Reed (groin), DE2 Dion Jordan (knee), LT Duane Brown (rest)
Limited participation: DT2 Shamar Stephen (foot), WILL1 KJ Wright (knee), SS3 Mo Alexander (concussion), RB1 Chris Carson (rest)

Wednesday injury report for the Chiefs
No participation: WR1 Sammy Watkins (foot), RT Mitchell Schwartz (knee), CB2 Kendall Fuller (thumb)
Limited participation: RB1 Spencer Ware (hamstring)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
We just can’t get rid of the injury bug. Ironically our healthiest seasons were when we went to both SBs. Health is the biggest issue in winning it all. JMO.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":g1aksj56 said:
We just can’t get rid of the injury bug. Ironically our healthiest seasons were when we went to both SBs. Health is the biggest issue in winning it all. JMO.

In a league that creates parity like the NFL there becomes 3 major factors that typically determine outcome:
1) Coaching
2) Reffing
3) Health

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Thompson and Hill are terrible. Especially in zone. On the cusp of the playoffs is really not the time to be getting them developmental reps.

If McDougald can't go, Tyreek Hill has a big night.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":j14n9xqu said:

Yep, and IMO it's why we lost the 2nd SB, the entire LOB was hurt. People keep pointing to "the play," but if Sherman, Earl and Kam are healthy and Lane doesn't break his arm during the game allowing Brady to abuse Simon like a red headed stepchild, we hold that 10 pt lead in the 4th.

I honestly think Pete's going to play it safe with guys dinged up Sunday. I think he knows we need to win against Arizona 1st, and this game against the Chiefs isn't as important.

So I HIGHLY doubt we see McDougald.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3ba9tmqb said:
Seahwkgal":3ba9tmqb said:

In a league that creates parity like the NFL there becomes 3 major factors that typically determine outcome:
1) Coaching
2) Reffing
3) Health

I would replace reffing with luck. Calls swing both ways and timing is everything. I'll never believe the Refs are out to get a particular team. There probably is some conscious bias but overall its like flipping a coin; sometimes you get 4 heads in a row.

HawkerD

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1kr9u4lj said:
Thompson and Hill are terrible. Especially in zone. On the cusp of the playoffs is really not the time to be getting them developmental reps.

Too bad ET has such a bad relationship with the team. I don't think there is a big contract out there for him (unless the Jets continue with their remarkable 30 year streak of bad signings). If we had a better relationship with him he probably could have been signed for a fair price after this season. We see what a piece of dung we have with Hill and Thompson back there. You cannot compete in the NFL with that tandem.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree. After reading another thread on our playoff chances, the ARI games means so much more under the tiebreaker rules.

So while I want to win both games....I’d rest McDougald and have him ready for the game that really matters.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Having the #1 rushing offense in the league will be the difference in this one. Pound the rock and eat that clock. Wear down their D in the 2nd half.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
HawkerD":2czf5phb said:
Mad Dog":2czf5phb said:
Seahwkgal":2czf5phb said:

1) Coaching
2) Reffing
3) Health

I would replace reffing with luck. Calls swing both ways and timing is everything. I'll never believe the Refs are out to get a particular team. There probably is some conscious bias but overall its like flipping a coin; sometimes you get 4 heads in a row.

Reffing is likely entirely luck based. But if calls end up lopsided through chance it can swing a game as we saw the last couple games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":1kel31yi said:
MontanaHawk05":1kel31yi said:

Too bad ET has such a bad relationship with the team. I don't think there is a big contract out there for him (unless the Jets continue with their remarkable 30 year streak of bad signings). If we had a better relationship with him he probably could have been signed for a fair price after this season. We see what a piece of dung we have with Hill and Thompson back there. You cannot compete in the NFL with that tandem.

I think Earl will take the same path as Sherman, someone will offer him an incentive heavy 2-3 year contract. But no, not here. That bridge is burned, destroyed and gone.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n31j7ev said:
HawkerD":1n31j7ev said:
MontanaHawk05":1n31j7ev said:

I think Earl will take the same path as Sherman, someone will offer him an incentive heavy 2-3 year contract. But no, not here. That bridge is burned, destroyed and gone.

I wonder if that someone would be the 49ers. Hmmmm

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2nymt9q0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2nymt9q0 said:
HawkerD":2nymt9q0 said:
MontanaHawk05":2nymt9q0 said:

I wonder if that someone would be the 49ers. Hmmmm

I think he's hell bent on going to Dallas, so as long as his free agent demands aren't as insane as his demands were with us for an extension, the Cowboys are going to snatch him up.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
MoDougald is the man in the secondary.

It's pretty clear to see.

Have any of you been impressed with Thompson???

I feel we need another starting safety.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2a566kc7 said:
Have any of you been impressed with Thompson???.

Earlier in the year, yes. But over the past 6-7 weeks? No. Terrible tackling, terrible reaction times, terrible angles.

I agree, off season priorities are DE's and safeties. Draft em, sign em, I don't care.........but get em.

I still can't get over that we were one pick away from Derwin James. Dude's a perennial All Pro, and would have fit beautifully in our defense.