Profound Calm The Past Two Weeks, Including Today

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Am I the only one with this absolute profound state of calm, including today? Ever since we beat the 49ers I feel like I have been lying in bed smoking that symbolic cigarette. Nothing has gotten me fired up, angry, nervous, anxious. None of the SBXLVIII coverage, none of the talk shows, mediots...Even today, on the very day of our second Super Bowl in team history, I type before you absolutely calm and relaxed.

I've been wondering about it the past two weeks. I think part of the reason is because I spent so much energy, so much emotional energy on that NFCCG with the 49ers, the victory just seemed to put me in this perpetual state of bliss and calm. I also think part of the reason is because I have a lot of faith in this team. The players, the coaches, the philosophy...Everything just seems to feel right. Finally, I think part of the reason is a protective measure by my subconscious. In case of the unmentionable happens, I won't go into too deep a depression or sadness. No matter what happens tonight, I want to keep this feeling that we have had an amazing season, and we have an amazing team that is built for Championships for years to come.

No matter what happens tonight, nothing will change just how proud I am of this team and all 12's everywhere. Damn proud.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
You aren't the only one. I've been pretty calm all post season and most of the regular season. There is just something about this team that defies our usual Seahawk fan mindset. This is a great thing and reassures my feeling that we win the Lombardi tonight. Go Hawks!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Same here. I was nervous against the saints, but have been toiling in tranquility since.

acer1240

Reaction score
As opposed to 2005 we all know that this team cannot and will not get beat up. For me, there is a sense that next year will be a repeat performance just due to the brutal physical style this team has. I'd liken our 2005 team to this year's Broncos. Rhythm, timing offense with a just good enough defense.

I'm going into this calm as can be because it will not be just a flash in the pan thing for these guys. The foundation is too strong.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Yep, pretty calm as well. For whatever reason I am feeling that in all three phases, Offense, Defense, and Special teams, Broncos will not be able to hang for 60 minutes. I'm really feeling Hawks will dominate in at least 2 of those 3 catagories!

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I am absolutely dialed in to this game. We're set. I've had a feeling about today since "the tip". We're good, were golden. Just needs to play out...

Thanks for a great season everyone, now lets

G O S E A H A W K S ! !

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Remember Bill Russell talking to our team saying if you believe in yourself you will be confident that you can win I am paraphrasing that quote, I think I was calm this whole time too maybe because in part some of knew this game was going to go our way where we knew S.F. was going to fight with us tooth and nail for 60 minutes.

NFC West is amazing so glad we got home field and took care of Broncos today.

zhawk

Reaction score
dbsn2420":2pom9h37 said:
Yep, pretty calm as well. For whatever reason I am feeling that in all three phases, Offense, Defense, and Special teams, Broncos will not be able to hang for 60 minutes. I'm really feeling Hawks will dominate in at least 2 of those 3 catagories!

how about 3/3. we scored every way you can.
safety/passing td/field goal/rushing td and a pick six. :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: