Withdrawal

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Man this season and last season I have been (dare I say) intensely into following the team and season and playoff scenarios. I am having a little withdrawal. The bye weeks gave me the same feeling (that first one was a long one as it was a Monday night comeback).
First bye week this year then New Orleans (MNF).
Okay next bye week (playoffs) and again New Orleans (that's weird didn't even factor that both bye weeks before NO).
Okay next bye week (waiting for SB) and XLVIII
Okay next bye week and...wait a minute where's the next game??

I was in a good football rhythm. The bye week after XLVIII and then no game has thrown me off a little (enter withdrawal).

I'm filling the void with buying XLVIII stuff but that will only work for so long.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
:13:

I've been re-watching the three playoff games over and over again. Can't wait for the Championship DVD to arrive on Tuesday.

JonRud

Reaction score
Not me. I am loving basking in the glow of this Championship, re-watching all the games, highlights, shows, interviews, etc... and ordering merchandise.

I am feeling no withdrawal from football season and love that for at least the next 11 months we are the Champions and nobody can say different.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Along with the Broncos, we have the shortest off-season of any team. Am I right that it's even shorter due to our first regular season game coming even sooner? (yes, I know, football will already be back in terms of training camp and pre-season games; but I think you know what I mean)

At least the withdrawl symptoms are for a shorter amount of time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":l4scr9is said:
Along with the Broncos, we have the shortest off-season of any team.
Wrong. The Broncos have the longest off-season in the league this year. :D :lol: :devil:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2823xvkz said:
Ad Hawk":2823xvkz said:
Wrong. The Broncos have the longest off-season in the league this year. :D :lol: :devil:

:p

Ok, ok, already. Left myself wide open for that one, didn't I?

OP
OP
cgfcgf

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's a great form of withdrawal but I guess it is the essence of ..."WHAT"S NEXT!"

I'm watching some form of either XLVIII or NFC champ game every day as it is now.

I really want 3 in a row. It almost feels like that Cowboys run in the early 90's (right at the beginning of the salary cap).

But many things can happen (injuries, misc) and with the salary cap it's a true entire organizational effort to keep up success.

Go hawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11jqh5a9 said:
Ad Hawk":11jqh5a9 said:

And SF has the second longest offseason?? Just thought I would throw that one out there too. I got the second lowest hanging fruit and threw it at a bigger fruit. I do like a challenge.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Zeb made me DVDs of the 3 games I got to attend this year.
Houston, Atlanta and the NFCCG. I'm fixing to watch them. Probably 2-3 times each. My Super Bowl bluray just shipped so I'll have that soon.
We are still getting plenty of love on the NFLN too. I'm good for awhile still.

Subzero717

Reaction score
pmedic920":mqq2zefi said:
Houston, Atlanta and the NFCCG. I'm fixing to watch them. Probably 2-3 times each. My Super Bowl bluray just shipped so I'll have that soon.

Is it a compilation of highlights or just the games themselves?

pmedic920

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":zdkwsmi2 said:
pmedic920":zdkwsmi2 said:

Not sure about the BluRay.
The ones Zeb made me are the games. I think he skipped the commercials. Each one is on a separate disc.

Subzero717

Reaction score
pmedic920":2k9w9n5k said:
CALIHAWK1":2k9w9n5k said:
pmedic920":2k9w9n5k said:

The ones Zeb made me are the games. I think he skipped the commercials. Each one is on a separate disc.

Dude bro, you know I love you and Im hard timing you but, doesnt Wally world have tivo for sale. :)

pmedic920

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":33d9dmq9 said:
pmedic920":33d9dmq9 said:
CALIHAWK1":33d9dmq9 said:
pmedic920":33d9dmq9 said:

Dude bro, you know I love you and Im hard timing you but, doesnt Wally world have tivo for sale. :)

I have Direct TV. with whole home DVR. I messed up the recording of the Houston game. We forgot to record Atlanta and. I just wanted the NFCCG.
ZEB was nice to me and made the DVDs. He doesn't judge people on where they buy groceries. :)

Subzero717

Reaction score
pmedic920":2t01ytg7 said:
CALIHAWK1":2t01ytg7 said:
pmedic920":2t01ytg7 said:
CALIHAWK1":2t01ytg7 said:
pmedic920 said:

I have Direct TV. with whole home DVR. I messed up the recording of the Houston game. We forgot to record Atlanta and. I just wanted the NFCCG.
ZEB was nice to me and made the DVDs. He doesn't judge people on where the buy groceries. :)

I kid cause I care. All that stems from union threads with others in the area. In Texas as far as I know unions arent a big deal. Ironically I may have an opp in Dallas Im strongly considering but the wife isnt as sure.

pmedic920

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2utapewj said:
pmedic920":2utapewj said:
CALIHAWK1":2utapewj said:
pmedic920":2utapewj said:
CALIHAWK1 said:
pmedic920 said:

ZEB was nice to me and made the DVDs. He doesn't judge people on where the buy groceries. :)

I kid cause I care. All that stems from union threads with others in the area. In Texas as far as I know unions arent a big deal. Ironically I may have an opp in Dallas Im strongly considering but the wife isnt as sure.

Two things bro.
#1 instead of wasting time messin with me, you should be planning a party. Wife and I are fixin to book flight n room for opening nite. Probably will stay through Tue.

Texas is a right to work state.
There are unions but the guy right next to you probably ain't in it. Very little bargaining power.
That being said the Texas economy is strong and so is the job market.
Texas ain't for everybody, but it's been good to me.

Latest posts