Literally too good at home for primetime?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I told a Philly friend of mine when the schedule came out that they want fans around the country to actually believe we might lose the game they're watching and to expect this trend to continue, haha.

As you said, Chris; can't blame them.

theascension

Reaction score
Next year by the NFL:
"The NFL has decided to move all Seahawk home games to 2 a.m on Tuesdays because of a dominant year of blowouts only appreciated by a small insignificant corner of the United States".

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2hpmxy1d said:
We become a good team and get punished for it......just great.

How is it punishment exactly?

These teams still have to fly up here and get their arses stomped.. they just won't do it on NBC or ESPN.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1toig2w5 said:

The NFL wants parity. They try to punish every Super Bowl champion in various ways.

Say it with me, Blitzer:

BRING IT ON!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":skmrjksc said:
Blitzer88":skmrjksc said:

These teams still have to fly up here and get their arses stomped.. they just won't do it on NBC or ESPN.

UH....not real sure.......I just don't like seeing the NFL talking heads actually thinking this way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":4aamnb80 said:
Hasselbeck":4aamnb80 said:
Blitzer88":4aamnb80 said:

UH....not real sure.......I just don't like seeing the NFL talking heads actually thinking this way.

We should be thrilled. You know what the NFL schedule makers are doing?

They're throwing some logs on that fire and spraying it with gasoline.

This is a team that THRIVES on any subtle hint of being disrespected. Quite frankly, I love this news. Keep it coming.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I almost thought it was a bit sarcastic until they put it this way:

"The last three times Seattle has hosted a prime-time matchup, the games have been extremely uncompetitive. The Seahawks hammered the divisional-rival 49ers 42-13 and 29-3 in Sunday night game the last two seasons. They also beat the New Orleans Saints 34-7 on Monday night in December"

The only competitive prime time game we've had in the last 4 years was the GB game. We as fans talk smack about how well our Hawks do on prime time, and how good our MNF record is, but it isn't good ratings when one team always wins convincingly.

It's actually a sign of respect. Or Fear. I'll take either.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Blitzer88":203v6uc5 said:
Is it punishment and therefore a compliment or us it massive disrespect as usual?!?!

chris98251

Reaction score
It's fear of the 12th man, it's fear of the team stomping NFL they know we amp it up at home, if it were the Cowboys, Giants or the Broncos they would have it flipped the other way around. We don't have an owner that is high profile in the NFL in Jerry Jones, we don't have a Team President that was a Golden boy while he played John Elway and the closest thing to Christ in the league in Peyton Manning, we don't happen to be the commissioners favorite team in the Giants.

It's market sure, but it's also a backhanded slap in the face for making the Super Bowl a joke of a game. For making Peyton and John look like Buffoons and B league.

It's a backhanded slap to the 12th man who proved they make a difference not only at home but on the road in the leagues biggest game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":19d0mbrd said:
It's market sure, but it's also a backhanded slap in the face for making the Super Bowl a joke of a game.

48937248.jpg

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":c068h9zu said:
Blitzer88":c068h9zu said:
Hasselbeck":c068h9zu said:
Blitzer88":c068h9zu said:

We should be thrilled. You know what the NFL schedule makers are doing?

They're throwing some logs on that fire and spraying it with gasoline.

This is a team that THRIVES on any subtle hint of being disrespected. Quite frankly, I love this news. Keep it coming.
How is this immense show of respect somehow disrespect? They destroy everyone they play, the schedule makers know it and have decisively paid tribute to it, yet you guys want to turn it into yet another of the endlessly appearing whinefests?

MadSweeney

Reaction score
chris98251":36cdggn1 said:
It's fear of the 12th man, it's fear of the team stomping NFL they know we amp it up at home, if it were the Cowboys, Giants or the Broncos they would have it flipped the other way around. We don't have an owner that is high profile in the NFL in Jerry Jones, we don't have a Team President that was a Golden boy while he played John Elway and the closest thing to Christ in the league in Peyton Manning, we don't happen to be the commissioners favorite team in the Giants.

It's market sure, but it's also a backhanded slap in the face for making the Super Bowl a joke of a game. For making Peyton and John look like Buffoons and B league.

It's a backhanded slap to the 12th man who proved they make a difference not only at home but on the road in the leagues biggest game.
If it's backhanded anything, it's the ultimate backhanded compliment. I'm sure you guys got upset at how they handed off the trophy on the podium.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Madsweeney, in almost every post I've read by you, you're either calling people whiners or somehow complaining about the fan base as a whole here.

I honestly think some people are whining a bit here, but it can still be taken either way. Most teams are rewarded with Prime Time games when they win. Prime Time home games are also a reward to the fan base (although I think Sundays are the best day for Football). But, most of your posts have the same theme. Go back to your Niner boards if you don't like it.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The league is handicapping us unlike they are doing for any other team. Why shouldn't the 12th man be mad at this?

Pete gets his team ready to play regardless of home or away, Sunday or Monday. The same can't be said of the opposing team. The 12th man crowd has a substantial effect at home! We represent better than any other fanbase on prime time and the NFL took that away from us. It's straight-up bullshit.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Hawks46":3rf86o40 said:
Madsweeney, in almost every post I've read by you, you're either calling people whiners or somehow complaining about the fan base as a whole here.

I honestly think some people are whining a bit here, but it can still be taken either way. Most teams are rewarded with Prime Time games when they win. Prime Time home games are also a reward to the fan base (although I think Sundays are the best day for Football). But, most of your posts have the same theme. Go back to your Niner boards if you don't like it.
I'm talking to and about the whiners. I do it in whining threads or in response to whining posts. If you want me to stop, then stop the whining at every little thing.

Sometimes I do think this is a Niner board parody of a Seahawk board, with all the whining. But I guess if you point out all the histrionics and absurd inferiority complexes then you must be a Niner fan.

Like I said, giving the NFL fans that call us tools actually ammo for them being right.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1j4zgydu said:
Hawks46":1j4zgydu said:

I'm talking to and about the whiners. I do it in whining threads or in response to whining posts. If you want me to stop, then stop the whining at every little thing.

Sometimes I do think this is a Niner board parody of a Seahawk board, with all the whining. But I guess if you point out all the histrionics and absurd inferiority complexes then you must be a Niner fan.

Like I said, giving the NFL fans that call us tools actually ammo for them being right.
Try adding something to a conversation that doesn't support your agenda.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We really do need to move away from the disrespect card. It's a bit embarrassing considering we have been labeled "the team to beat" since 2012. This past year was a virtual lovefest that I am certain nauseated 90% of the country. We are very much respected and we are very much feared. Let's enjoy it while we have it and act like the champs we are (thinks me).