hypothetical superbowl question

Would you take the three guaranteed rings under RW right now, or hold out for more?

• Take the three.

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • Hold out for more.

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Suppose Russell Wilson is a Seahawk for life, and I could guarantee you 3 superbowl rings total. Would you be happy with that or would you rather take no guarantee on the hope of more rings.
I guess the point of this is to see the optimism around our team.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I don't see a 'guarantee' that we only get three. If we have Russell for life, I think we could get those, and more.

;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If I am guarenteed 3 in a row I'll take that and here's why. If the team wins 3 in a row in the salary cap era they will be considered one of the best teams of all time, much to the ire of the haters! 8)

seabowl

Reaction score
I've been a fan since 84. I'm just happy if you can guarantee me that they won't take last years championship season away. Oh how the goals on this site has changed in only 2 years. Frankly 2 years ago I would have just hoped for a road win in the pjayoffs.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'll take no guarantee because the front office is going to make Wilson a Seahawk for life anyway, and he's going to win more than 3. And no matter what, he's the most fun to watch of any Seahawks quarterback ever.

suppaball

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":28fejsrl said:
If I am guarenteed 3 in a row I'll take that and here's why. If the team wins 3 in a row in the salary cap era they will be considered one of the best teams of all time, much to the ire of the haters! 8)
3 in a row would make us the BEST EVER! No team has pulled a threepete ever in the Superb Owl era.

halfrack

Reaction score
HansGruber":295qa5yv said:
I'll take no guarantee because the front office is going to make Wilson a Seahawk for life anyway, and he's going to win more than 3. And no matter what, he's the most fun to watch of any Seahawks quarterback ever.

This is my sentiment exactly! We'll make sure we sign him for his entire career. Then watch out, cause the best is yet to come.

kearly

Reaction score
Well, I think Russell might have 15 years left, QBs with his profile have typically played to age 40 and beyond, and that was back during a time when most QBs collapsed by their mid-30s because they didn't have the rules they have today to protect players. I think the odds are better than not that Russell Wilson will still be playing at age 40, he might even be pretty good at that age too. Nothing ages slower than speed and smarts.

I really doubt JS is going anywhere. I could see Carroll staying here until he's pretty damn old. When he signed his recent extension, he seemed to indicate somewhat emphatically that this would not be his last contract.

Thee rings. As in two more, over what is probably going to be a 15 year window. Hell no.

Offer me seven and I'd think it over. If in 2030 we have only three championships I would wonder "what could have been" the rest of my life.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I told my cousin after the Bears game in his rookie season he'd win us three. Now that he's got one in only his second season, I'm upping my prediction to at least four. That said, I voted "hold out".

A

Anonymous

I'll take the three, but am I wrong to want a little space in between them?

I mean, three in a row might be showing off a little.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I love that optimism Kearly.
Unfortunately I'll have to take 3 if they were guaranteed. Chances are he will have more rings but then nothing is ever guaranteed. I saw this with Marino,Randall Cunningham, Vick to name a few. Heck even Favre was supposed to have more than one. I even thought RW'S marriage was guaranteed for life so he'd be wearing 2 rings now.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I just want Seattle to have more super bowl wins than SF. And when that happens SF fans will all kill themselves.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":53ia2gt8 said:
I love that optimism Kearly.
Unfortunately I'll have to take 3 if they were guaranteed. Chances are he will have more rings but then nothing is ever guaranteed. I saw this with Marino,Randall Cunningham, Vick to name a few. Heck even Favre was supposed to have more than one. I even thought RW'S marriage was guaranteed for life so he'd be wearing 2 rings now.
Gunslingers rarely win championships. At that level, you're generally playing against the best secondaries and defenses, and sandlot football just doesn't work.

Marino was a post season choker, dude started throwing interceptions in the postseason. That's how Seattle beat him in 83. He gets way too much credit when in reality he was just another Peyton Manning type. Huge regular season numbers, and then good defenses take advantage of his pass happy style and pick him apart in the playoffs.

Same with Farvre. Every playoff he'd start going pass happy and his INTs would cost his team the game. He gets way too much credit as well. Without Holmgren keeping him in check, he just failed every year thanks to his predictable habit of trying to force passes.

Vick is all hype no substance so whatever. Cunningham was special but got injured because, again, you're playing the best defenders in the world in the playoffs. It's not pure athleticism that wins in the postseason, it's intelligence and discipline.

Brady and Montana are great examples. They had balanced offenses behind them but they also just played smart. Brady put up small numbers but look at that last drive against the Rams. Just precise excellent decision making, careful short passes, moved the ball methodically. Montana was the same way. He'd kill you with those long drives that were as efficient and precise as a swiss watch. He just didn't make mistakes. He'd take those quick short passes all over the field and he had Craig in the back field to balance it out and keep defenses honest.

When I look at Wilson, that's what I see. Same mental discipline and strong decision making as Montana and Brady. Efficient. Doesn't make mistakes or turn the ball over. In fact, I honestly feel that Wilson is a step ahead of Brady when he won his first when it comes to discipline and efficiency. His playmaking ability reminds me of a mature Steve Young. He's so dangeruss, its ridiculous.

For that reason, I'm confident we're going to win multiple Superbowls. 4 is a definite possibility. I honestly think Wilson plays at a higher level, with greater intelligence and efficiency, than Marino ever did. He's a far more complete and balanced package. And as long as he's in Seattle, we have to be considered postseason favorites. Carroll and Wilson are the new Bellichick and Brady. And I'm freaking jacked and pumped!!!!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
Regarding 3

Wouldn't we all love it if RW broke the string of 2 SuperB owls back to back?

And of course then go on to win at least 3 more after that.

:les:

Hawks46

Reaction score
seabowl":3rrqfenc said:
I've been a fan since 84. I'm just happy if you can guarantee me that they won't take last years championship season away. Oh how the goals on this site has changed in only 2 years. Frankly 2 years ago I would have just hoped for a road win in the pjayoffs.

No kidding. After the SB XL debacle, and then our team fell aged and fell apart, I would've just been happy with another shot in the SB.

I'd take the 3 as long as they were consecutive. We can guarantee to keep RW for his career if we pay enough (might not help us win), but we can't guarantee how long Carroll will coach. If he gets 3 in a row, he might just decide to retire and enjoy life.

If Carroll leaves, I'm not sure another coach is going to continue with that success. So I'll take the 3, take the dynasty, and take the accolades and all the pisserade from the haters.