Pinkins being redshirted

Seafan

Reaction score
Eric Pinkins is on the NFI list with a Lisfranc injury. This gives him a chance to get ready to play in 2015 without exposing him the waiver wire.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Per Pete he will be out 4-6 weeks. Can't really call him a redshirt until he gets IR'd.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
The non-football injury list is the same one Toomer was on last year. It has the same rules as the PUP. I don't know of any player that over came a Lisfranc injury in less than a year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":3z23iawq said:
The non-football injury list is the same one Toomer was on last year. It has the same rules as the PUP. I don't know of any player that over came a Lisfranc injury in less than a year.

The healing time depends on the severity. Not every injury of this nature requires surgery. Non surgically healing takes about 6-8 weeks, which is far less than a year

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seafan":3da54sjf said:

What i'm saying is he is not automatically out for the year. PUP or NFI is not an automatic year long thing.
Players have overcome it in less than a year, Le'Veon bell last year off the top of my head.

I am not saying he will play this year. What i am saying is it's premature to say he is red shirting. Currently Pete estimates 4-6 weeks.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
No it's not automatic but unless the Hawks have a rash of injuries do you really see a rookie missing training camp/preseason being activated?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seafan":wf7awqmt said:
No it's not automatic but unless the Hawks have a rash of injuries do you really see a rookie missing training camp/preseason being activated?

That is a decision for down the road. Which is why it's premature to say he will be red-shirted.

He could be activated to the 53, stay on NFI for the minimum 6 games, waived and signed else ware, waived and signed to the PS or your prediction; he remains on NFI for a full year and then returns to the 90 man off-season roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is a pre redshirt situation, now that he has a injury they can IR or anything else they want, he was raw and they wanted him to learn the CB position, this gives him the Simon option for the Seahawks.

MB12

Reaction score
Didn't he get beat badly a few times in mini-camp? Either way it's good that he is being redshirted--it will only make him better.

Latest posts