49ers officially eliminated from NFC West division race

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Before their loss to the Raiders, FiveThirtyEight's Elo Ratings gave the 49ers only a 5% chance of winning the division. Now, there is no scenario in which they could win it.

Even if the 49ers happen to win out and Arizona loses its remaining three to bring them into a 10-6 tie, that would require the Seahawks to win one against Arizona. This unlikely scenario gives them a three-way tie, which they would lose to the Seahawks, who would have the best winning percentage in games among the three clubs (3-1 vs. 2-2 vs. 1-3).

There are still scenarios that would allow the 49ers to make the playoffs as a wild card team, but those would be all but dashed with another loss.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":1ndfblhy said:
It's possible we lost the next 3 games. The team looks defeated.

Yeah...have to admit it. They're done.

Totally uninspired today.

If Harbaugh wasn't going to be gone, he most likely will now. Niners will be very different team next year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RationalNiner":33b78yr5 said:
It's possible we lose the next 3 games. The team looks defeated.

163.gif

RationalNiner

Reaction score
The Battle #83":3qeiifha said:
Snuggle up tight with your vhs tapes tonight 49er fans.

:th2thumbs:

Lol

Every time I see your name, I at first think you are a niner fan because of Arnaz Battle.

NINEster

Reaction score
This was the first time in a very long time that I wasn't pissed off at a Niner loss (besides the Denver game this season). I was more bothered by the Niners losing on my birthday to the Saints on Monday Night 2010 than this game. Quite a few 2010 games seemed to hold more weight than this one.

I only had access to the Seahawk/Eagle game and would keep track of scores through nfl.com, but wasn't bothered a ton. It's officially a lost season now after being put on notice last week.

The good news for Niner fans is we know we have good talent, just need to make some changes to coaching. In that regard, the future looks brighter than it ever did under the Nolan/Singletary dark years. Defense still very good, and a lot of good pieces to work with on offense, contrast to say the Giants.

As for Kaepernick I missed this game (and last)....apparently it doesn't look pretty in Ninerland. Will be interesting to see what transpires from here on out.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
[youtube]XNN43pCycGo[/youtube]

Most awkward moment from Kaepernick's post-game press conference:
Reporter: "You in particular don't seem like you have been playing at your usual level the last several games. Do you understand why aside from 'not executing'?"

Kaepernick: "I have to play better."

Reporter: "I'm sorry?"

Reporter: "I understand that. Do you understand why you have not been playing better?"

Kaepernick: "I haven't been playing well."

Reporter: "OK. We saw that."

You mean this difficult regime of off-season preparation hasn't made him play better this year?
Colin sexy story b original

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3kfaneyw said:
NINEster":3kfaneyw said:
This was the first time in a very long time that I wasn't pissed off at a Niner loss (besides the Denver game this season). I was more bothered by the Niners losing on my birthday to the Saints on Monday Night 2010 than this game. Quite a few 2010 games seemed to hold more weight than this one.

I only had access to the Seahawk/Eagle game and would keep track of scores through nfl.com, but wasn't bothered a ton. It's officially a lost season now after being put on notice last week.

The good news for Niner fans is we know we have good talent, just need to make some changes to coaching. In that regard, the future looks brighter than it ever did under the Nolan/Singletary dark years. Defense still very good, and a lot of good pieces to work with on offense, contrast to say the Giants.

As for Kaepernick I missed this game (and last)....apparently it doesn't look pretty in Ninerland. Will be interesting to see what transpires from here on out.

I dunno, I reckon Justin Smith is done. Also, Willis may be on the downhill side of his career. Will Bowman be the same when he comes back? Might not. Your secondary is still kinda sucky, and your offense can't sustain any drives - thereby wearing out the D. Reminds me of the Seahawks in 2011. The defense was great, but the offense was poor and couldn't sustain any drives.

Still, it'll be interesting to see what happens down there in Santa Clara. Kaepernick is just a bad QB, no other word for it. Despite Marvin trying his damnedest to convince everyone on this site and the webzone that Colin is actually good - he's not. Guy just doesn't have the temperament to play QB in this league. I heard he shoved a camera guy out of the way in the tunnel, then denied it, then admitted it? That shows a complete lack of maturity, and the lying shows he has no accountability. Hope he stays the QB down there for a long time :D
I'm with Peaches on this. Also keep in mind Aldon is one more DUI from a likely year long suspension. Over/under on that is probably this Spring some time. Your D is good but regressing. And you've got to find an NFL caliber QB. Easier said than done.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Frank Gore all but done.

Justin Smith all but done.

Patrick Willis on the way down from his peak.

Will Bowman ever be the same?

Offensive line is poor.

How much longer has Anquan Boldin got?

How much longer has Vernon Davis got?

Can Aldon Smith, a genuine superstar, avoid any more idiotic headline making incidents?

Do they need to replace Kaepernick?

Can this team ever regain the same Harbaugh inspired intensity of 2011-13 without him?

Time to worry IMO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3nthrmf1 said:
[youtube]XNN43pCycGo[/youtube]

Most awkward moment from Kaepernick's post-game press conference:
Reporter: "You in particular don't seem like you have been playing at your usual level the last several games. Do you understand why aside from 'not executing'?"

Reporter: "I'm sorry?"

Reporter: "I understand that. Do you understand why you have not been playing better?"

Kaepernick: "I haven't been playing well."

Reporter: "OK. We saw that."

You mean this difficult regime of off-season preparation hasn't made him play better this year?
Colin sexy story b original

That reporter was Lowell Cohn.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
That reporter totally schooled Kaepernick there. Made him look like a complete tit.

He's been saving that for a while. You can tell he was waiting for the opportunity to bring it. Kaepernick looked and sounded ridiculous.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Wonders if the camera man was a Cohn? You know the one he didn't shove or wait maybe he did yeah he did. However it was the camera mans fault. How smart do you have to be to figure out its probably on film when you shove a camera and it is not wise to deny it?

Fudwamper

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1og37n2g said:
That reporter totally schooled Kaepernick there. Made him look like a complete tit.

He's been saving that for a while. You can tell he was waiting for the opportunity to bring it. Kaepernick looked and sounded ridiculous.

I actually feel bad for the guy. I thought Kaepernick was an engaging guy before Jim got a hold of him. Man just look at the video. He looks crushed with no spirit.

I wonder if Wilson and go help him with his media presentation this off season. :stirthepot:

the ditch

Reaction score
Kaepernick is not a good quarterback, he just is not, and I get a good laugh everytime I see marvin march into a seahawks message board to defend him, he can't decipher a defense, and has trouble making progressions, most of the time he rifles the ball in.

I love to hate Harbaugh but he's a really good coach and I will be happy to see him leave SF at the end of the season and will enjoy the 49er whining when whatever team he goes to coach does well and SF struggles.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
I actually feel bad for Kaepernick. He's a good kid at heart even with his douche-like appearance and I just think Jim Harbaugh has had a pretty negative influence on him. He tries to act like Harbaugh when dealing with the media and I'm sure Harbaugh told him to be like that. Yesterday during the game he had this look like he was just completely uncertain of everything. While he is a flawed player and I had hope that he would develop, I really do think JH and Roman have done a terrible job developing him because he's only gotten worse since 2012.