Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Niners vs. the Rams

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Niners vs. the Rams
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:Whats worse?

Only scoring 12 against the 49ers or the Rams giving up damn near 40 to the Niners?

LOL you guys just can't let go. It's like your desperate to make your point.

This game has nothing to do with Sunday's game! These guys are playing on 3 days rest! SMH
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm
  • Ho Lee Shit!!!

On side kick works!

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm
  • What a game!!!

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm
  • Kids and wife took over the TV's, can some one give me the play by play???
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm
  • Very entertaining game. Come on Niners
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:45 pm
  • Wow can't believe that onside worked. 49ers have a real chance here. Been a fun game to watch. Prefer the Rams lose this one as we are currently tied with them 1-1

Edit: Didn't see the clock and field position. Well poo
    Last edited by MrThortan on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 pm
  • 4th and 20 for the Niners on Rams 40
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

• Of course the refs have to get involved

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Hoyer sacked,,,game over
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm
  • One hell of a game!

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm
  • I don't know how many timeouts the Niners have. No sound here at work.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm
  • Way to give it to them ref. Bull crap
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:49 pm
  • This might be one of the best games of the whole season and it's Week 3.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

• Aaron Donald was the difference. That and 49er turnovers.

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Boy that flag on the niners was game changing. Though to be fair They had a gnarly penalty on the onside.

Awful, awful defense today.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Of course the refs have to get involved

Shit call ruined a fun game. Thanks refs!
    Jase
    NET Starter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm
  • Offensive shootout between those two teams. Who would have thunk it?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 pm
  • Good game but two pretty awful teams. We have the D but we need to get some offense.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Boy that flag on the niners was game changing. Though to be fair They had a gnarly penalty on the onside.

Awful, awful defense today.

3 days rest makes teams look like shit. Especially the ones that had to travel.

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:03 pm
  • BigBill1945 wrote:Good game but two pretty awful teams. We have the D but we need to get some offense.

Rams score 40plus on the road. 49ers score just below 40. Hawks luckily score 12 at home against a pretty awful team(sf). Oh how I love irony. What ever you tell yourself to sleep better at night. At least I accept my team is not good what's your bs excuse. Oh Rams and Niners do it with 3 days off.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 pm
  • I'm going to take it in a different direction...our D looks even better after that game.
    Just The Tip......

I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 pm
  • Strange entertaining game on a Thursday night.. the first?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 pm
  • Great game but that flag at the end just killed me even though I should be more mad at the missed extra point oh well gotta secure that draft position :pukeface:

good game seahawks.net rams fans this mcvay-shanahan rivalry gonna be a good one in the upcoming years
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:Whats worse?

Only scoring 12 against the 49ers or the Rams giving up damn near 40 to the Niners?

This game has nothing to do with Sunday's game! These guys are playing on 3 days rest! SMH

49ers D in for 82 plays on Sunday then plays on 3 days rest. I hope the Hawks D never has to do this. I think both Rams and 49ers are not to be overlooked this season .
    Biscanebay12
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 pm
  • :greetingsearthling:
    SF49r wrote:Great game but that flag at the end just killed me even though I should be more mad at the missed extra point oh well gotta secure that draft position :pukeface:

good game seahawks.net rams fans this mcvay-shanahan rivalry gonna be a good one in the upcoming years

Interesting that you don't include the Seahawks. You know that team that basically runs the division since 1999 running? Paul Allen will get the next great coach after Pete leaves book it. And the Seahawks will beat the Rams in three weeks no worries.

Rams aren't scoring more then 14 on this defense. More likely it will be 13-10 Seahawks. Thursday games are a horrible indicatior of where teams are at.

Hopefully what Pete means about changes on offense is going back to 2015. Quick and short passing and either Carson or Rawls punishing people.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 am
  • Josea16 wrote:Interesting that you don't include the Seahawks. You know that team that basically runs the division since 1999 running?

Uhhh.... look, I love the Hawks, but outside of 1976, we've only been in the division since 2002.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:Interesting that you don't include the Seahawks. You know that team that basically runs the division since 1999 running?

Uhhh.... look, I love the Hawks, but outside of 1976, we've only been in the division since 2002.

And we pretty much run it yes? Los Angeles and San Francisco are building but like New England the NFCW is Seattle's until proven different.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 am
  • Josea16 wrote:
    SF49r wrote: this mcvay-shanahan rivalry gonna be a good one in the upcoming years

Interesting that you don't include the Seahawks.

What do the Seahawks have to do with the 9ers and Rams' rivalry?

The 9ers and Rams have played each other twice per season since 1950.

He didn't say they'll be competing with each other for the division or anything, he just said that two new young HCs might breathe new life into this very old rivalry in the coming years.

You've kind of shifted that into a conversation about winning the NFCW, but that never had anything to do with his statement in the first place.

Are the 9ers and Rams not allowed to have a 70 year old rivalry anymore because the Seahawks have been winning the division?

It doesn't make any sense.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:55 am
  • Re: that final PI call, from that camera angle it's pretty inconclusive to me.

The DB does seem to get pushed off his coverage, but also seemed to at least be an equal participant in initiating contact at the top of the route.

Without being able to see if there's a push off or not (which you simply can't see from that camera angle) any complaints about that call aren't really valid, IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:51 am
  • Wow what a game. Took my blood pressure a while to come back down.

Obviously was relieved with the OPI call, but I wish they would have shown a better angle. Getting a road division win is always tough.

Refs overall were good except that PI call (potentially) and the roughing call on Donald...he tackled the QB less than a second after releasing the ball.

Great game though.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:53 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:Re: that final PI call, from that camera angle it's pretty inconclusive to me.

The DB does seem to get pushed off his coverage, but also seemed to at least be an equal participant in initiating contact at the top of the route.

Without being able to see if there's a push off or not (which you simply can't see from that camera angle) any complaints about that call aren't really valid, IMO.

I agree, but we still got lucky. If that was a Patriots, Cowboy or Steeler player, no flag.

Of course we also taught a "how to blow a game in the NFL" class there, so I'll take it.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:13 am
  • Yeah, that roughing penalty on Donald was bad, as was the no PI after nothing but PI all across the field on Celek in the end zone.

9ers fans are of course telling themselves they lost to the refs this week, but whatever, there's a segment of every fan base that does that in reaction to every close loss.

The Rams are fun to watch this year, which is pretty exciting given that the Cardinals aren't anymore.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 am
  • Good win Ram fans congrats. My Niners are still building. Your team needed a good coach that is all that was missing. We will get better in time. This is your year to take the division I feel. Good luck.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:05 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Re: that final PI call, from that camera angle it's pretty inconclusive to me.

I agree, but we still got lucky. If that was a Patriots, Cowboy or Steeler player, no flag.

Of course we also taught a "how to blow a game in the NFL" class there, so I'll take it.

Yep, totally agree. It was very unfortunate that the refs got involved on this play. I didn't see a foul but at worst I thought it should be a no-call.

Anyhow, great game to watch. The SF GM/Coach combo and the new Rams Coach are all guys to be very excited about. I think they're all good hires.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 am
  • BigBill1945 wrote: I have Gurley as my second team RB. He has not done shit this season and now he has 3 TDs. And....of course I am not playing him this week........@%#$

Uuuuhhh... what?

Gurley has scored at least one TD in every game so far and has pretty much carried my crappy team through the first 2 weeks. My league has really low scoring settings (non PPR) and Gurley has put up 15.6, 23.6, and 32.9 points.

No offense man, but if you haven't been starting Gurley you haven't been paying attention. He's been killin' it this season.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:29 am
  • ivotuk wrote:

Far from desperate, just asking a simple question. Im glad you found it amusing though.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    BigBill1945 wrote: I have Gurley as my second team RB. He has not done shit this season and now he has 3 TDs. And....of course I am not playing him this week........@%#$

Uuuuhhh... what?

Gurley has scored at least one TD in every game so far and has pretty much carried my crappy team through the first 2 weeks. My league has really low scoring settings (non PPR) and Gurley has put up 15.6, 23.6, and 32.9 points.

No offense man, but if you haven't been starting Gurley you haven't been paying attention. He's been killin' it this season.

Yeah, was gonna comment on this too and then forgot.

Before last night Gurley was averaging 125 yards and 1.5 TDs per game in those first two weeks.

If all my players were "not doing sh!t" like that I'd be the best player in the history of FF.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:

3 days rest and the niners defense was on the field for 37 minutes against us.

The sooner they get rid of Thursday night games the better. 100% it's part of the next CBA.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:32 am
  • Smellyman wrote:Look at the Rams with a dynamic O, I thought the SF D was really good? Playing the wizard Bevell will make any D look good.

As some crazy dude pointed out on the 49ers forums, the Rams have nine 1st or 2nd round picks on their offense. That is a talented offense. People forget Jeff Fischer was their coach last year.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information