Prediction: The 9ers lose the next two divisional games

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
...over their QB and FG team.

JimmyG shows he can do short passes or give the ball to RBs. Passing the ball deep is more risky, scrambling is more risky, and JimmyG isn't showing so far that he has RW's skills to do that at anywhere near RW's level. With Juice most likely sidelined for at least this next game, the 49ers are gonna have to show that by Sunday, and I don't think they will. JimmyG is getting all the credit for this W by being serviceable and having a running game that hides his flaws, same as Kaep did in 2012, but with tape and technology, those flaws will become clearer for contenders to pick apart.

Kaep in 2012, 13 could count on Dawson's leg. It never failed. The 9ers have been mucking around with their long snapper position--firing one replacement, then having the second one retire on them, all while waiting for their supposed starter to return after a 10-game PED suspension. 10 GAMES? It's not just the first-timer cannibis suspension for one. For two, they had a LS who was still winning games, but I guess Gould felt he was too cold, too hot and not just right, so now they have less.

The division is really Seattle's for the taking. GO HAWKS

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2fapz5yd said:
...over their QB and FG team.

JimmyG shows he can do short passes or give the ball to RBs. Passing the ball deep is more risky, scrambling is more risky, and JimmyG isn't showing so far that he has RW's skills to do that at anywhere near RW's level. With Juice most likely sidelined for at least this next game, the 49ers are gonna have to show that by Sunday, and I don't think they will. JimmyG is getting all the credit for this W by being serviceable and having a running game that hides his flaws, same as Kaep did in 2012, but with tape and technology, those flaws will become clearer for contenders to pick apart.

Kaep in 2012, 13 could count on Dawson's leg. It never failed. The 9ers have been mucking around with their long snapper position--firing one replacement, then having the second one retire on them, all while waiting for their supposed starter to return after a 10-game PED suspension. 10 GAMES? It's not just the first-timer cannibis suspension for one. For two, they had a LS who was still winning games, but I guess Gould felt he was too cold, too hot and not just right, so now they have less.

The division is really Seattle's for the taking. GO HAWKS

A little early to be drinking

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
True. So pick apart my argument.

JimmyG is an above average QB with consistency problems playing in a great system right now. There will be those that test him and his team more--one coming up Sunday and on Nov. 11, the Seahawks.By the latter date, they're going to be down more pieces than Juice, who apparently has an MCL injury. You saw how that affected the game. Explain how they're going to overcome this.

Plus explain the FG unit problems if you don't like my explanation.

2_0_6

Reaction score
49ers looked GREAT last night, but losing Kyle Jusdkjhcakhrlrecle potentially might be a HUGE issue.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3o0400v6 said:
JimmyG shows he can do short passes or give the ball to RBs. Passing the ball deep is more risky, scrambling is more risky, and JimmyG isn't showing so far that he has RW's skills to do that at anywhere near RW's level.

It's obviously possible that the 9ers lose their next two in the same way it's possible that either the Rams or Seahawks lose their next two, but be honest: Was last night the first 9ers game you've *actually watched* this year?

I ask because the things you're calling out about Jimmy this season *really sounds* like you don't know what you're talking about.

There are absolutely things to criticize about his game this year and to be concerned about WRT his game and moving forward this year, but it seriously doesn't sound like you have any idea what those are.

Not trying to attack you or anything, but if this is what you're basing your prediction on, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. It would be like me saying that I think the Seahawks are going to lose the next two because Wilson hasn't been able to hit the deep balls like he used to. :lol: :lol:

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1po9got1 said:
True. So pick apart my argument.

JimmyG is an above average QB with consistency problems playing in a great system right now. There will be those that test him and his team more--one coming up Sunday and on Nov. 11, the Seahawks.By the latter date, they're going to be down more pieces than Juice, who apparently has an MCL injury. You saw how that affected the game. Explain how they're going to overcome this.

Plus explain the FG unit problems if you don't like my explanation.

Why do so many Hawk fans feel the need to compare everyone else's QB to RW? When it comes to Jimmy G there's nothing really to compare yet, its really a mute point. How many games has RW had really good stats but still an L in the win column?

Jimmy G or any QB are only as good as their supporting cast. To date JG has had two TD passes to Kittle called back, multiple drops by receivers, so its really early to grade him right now. No one is giving Jimmy G all the credit, far from it. 49ers are getting no love up to last night. Now today they are, but everyone is saying how all aspects of their game are firing not any one person.

Personally I want the doubters to stay doubters.

Personally I'd rather have Ws than a QB with off the chart stats.

xray

Reaction score
They are winning with a top tier defense at this point in the season . The offense is doing enough too . The deep ball argument is lame . Go watch Brady sometime .

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I watch all their games due to the TV schedule and that everyone around me is a 9er fan.

They won over the Stealers despite five turnovers. Obviously that was worked on, and obviously the solution was to get the running game more in order so JG wouldn't have to attempt more risky pass plays. The run game yesterday was A+ when Juice was in there--teams don't know much about FBs to begin with--and Juice is a Swiss Army knife of fb/ol/te/rb. He's a monster blocker, a fast runner, doesn't drop, etc. Add in a functional offense--and it is loads improved this year--and with him there's one more differential in the equation that many wvon't be able to solve.

But the guy got carted out with an apparent MCL, which has already been reported. Unless KS comes out and says that was total BS (which I doubt), he's not coming back on a short week. That raises the odds of Jimmy G having to execute some deep plays with consistency, something he has had problems with, and to be fair, that he was probably coached against doing possibly to the team's detriment. MNF was garbage time by the time Juice got taken out.If CLE had gotten a score, even two it wouldn't have mattered by then. It was an ideal time for them to set up some deep plays to get JimmyG in the rhythm of what he'll face in six days and definitely against SEA. You can practice all you want, but it's still not real-time game reps. The fact that they didn't makes me somewhat dubious, b/c if they had done that and been successful, I'd be one hell of a lot more nervous about Jimmy G on 11/11.

ETA on Juice from ModBee (they share the same content with SacBee):
"The trouble with Juszczyk’s injury: he’s the only fullback on the roster.

He played just over 50 percent of the offensive snaps coming in. San Francisco uses more heavy personnel than most teams in the league, which would force significant adjustments from Shanahan if Juszczyk is forced to miss time, starting with Sunday’s pivotal game against the Los Angeles Rams."

So eventually these offenses get figured out with coaches hoping it happens later. That's what happened with Kaep starting 2012 but he had Phil Dawson's leg. Now they have longsnapper problems and couldn't get one of their replacements to even hang around. It appears they're hanging their hat on a guy who can't even practice until November.

PS: More replies came in so I'll respond. Hawks fans compare other QBs to RW because in the league, you need that level of talent PLUS a stacked offense/defense to get to championships. I could be wrong here, but if Brees were to go to IR I bet the team's odds of accomplishing that are less, however stacked they obviously are elsewhere.

mistaowen

Reaction score
49ers haven't needed to put the game in Jimmy's hands yet so there's really nothing to go off of. The running game looks solid, picking up big chunks at a time which lets him dink and dunk easy first downs. Their D isn't letting them get behind so he hasn't needed to march the team down the field. I'm sure soon enough a team will sell out to stop the run and force him to make throws in a close game/trailing... Can evaluate their situation better then.

That said, from what I've seen so far they have a foundation to be competitive with a strong run game and great DL. If those things keep working they won't need Jimmy to do more than manage each week.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3hx4dynn said:
I watch all their games due to the TV schedule and that everyone around me is a 9er fan.

They won over the Stealers despite five turnovers. Obviously that was worked on, and obviously the solution was to get the running game more in order so JG wouldn't have to attempt more risky pass plays. The run game yesterday was A+ when Juice was in there--teams don't know much about FBs to begin with--and Juice is a Swiss Army knife of fb/ol/te/rb. He's a monster blocker, a fast runner, doesn't drop, etc. Add in a functional offense--and it is loads improved this year--and with him there's one more differential in the equation that many wvon't be able to solve.

But the guy got carted out with an apparent MCL, which has already been reported. Unless KS comes out and says that was total BS (which I doubt), he's not coming back on a short week. That raises the odds of Jimmy G having to execute some deep plays with consistency, something he has had problems with, and to be fair, that he was probably coached against doing possibly to the team's detriment. MNF was garbage time by the time Juice got taken out.If CLE had gotten a score, even two it wouldn't have mattered by then. It was an ideal time for them to set up some deep plays to get JimmyG in the rhythm of what he'll face in six days and definitely against SEA. You can practice all you want, but it's still not real-time game reps. The fact that they didn't makes me somewhat dubious, b/c if they had done that and been successful, I'd be one hell of a lot more nervous about Jimmy G on 11/11.

So eventually these offenses get figured out with coaches hoping it happens later. That's what happened with Kaep starting 2012 but he had Phil Dawson's leg. Now they have longsnapper problems and couldn't get one of their replacements to even hang around. It appears they're hanging their hat on a guy who can't even practice until November.

PS: More replies came in so I'll respond. Hawks fans compare other QBs to RW because in the league, you need that level of talent PLUS a stacked offense/defense to get to championships. I could be wrong here, but if Brees were to go to IR I bet the team's odds of accomplishing that are less, however stacked they obviously are elsewhere.

uh, huh? Couldn't even read further than that bolded comment.

Vs the Steelers, their turnovers were a bobbled Screen pass, a Fumbled Snap, a mistimed snap, a fumble by Mostert and a tipped pass.

"Obviously the answer was to get run game more in order"? WTF? They've been doing that all year They are AVERAGING 200 yards per game. When was the run game LESS involved?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OK fair points Marvin49.

But explain to me how they're going to prevail against Rams on a short week let alone against other contenders.

They have no depth at FB. None. They're going to have to get someone else ready to play that position in six days (who?) and/or have plays where blocking is less important (starting Sunday).

They could get close but like any other team, they depend on the FG unit to produce when things go wrong/the injury bug. The kicker is powerfully important, SF has a good one, but he missed three.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Sherm claiming that Baker didn't shake his hand. Even though you see it plain as day that he DID on numerous videos. Why does he insist on making stuff up? Why lie? I don't get it, what does he gain from literally making stuff up? You won the game, that's still not enough?

2_0_6

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3s88wwy4 said:
Meanwhile, Sherm claiming that Baker didn't shake his hand. Even though you see it plain as day that he DID on numerous videos. Why does he insist on making stuff up? Why lie? I don't get it, what does he gain from literally making stuff up? You won the game, that's still not enough?

Sherm being Sherm.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29gc9vpe said:

You have to understand the local 9er mindset to understand how this made sense.

The NFCCG game in 2013, just the tip? 49er fans went ballistic over that including York. Them getting Sherm was almost like them getting Brady. They love it when Sherm sticks it to opposing teams as an "All Pro Stanford graduate who is better in life than you."

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hoo97ev said:
You sure love to stick up for your Niners, on a Hawks page
Hey homer...this is the NFL page ...wake your ass up .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is a SEAHAWKS page gramps. You spend more time talking about how great the Niners are than any Hawks "fan" I've seen on here. You rarely have anything good to say about the Hawks. But hey, fan how you want.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe if we wish real hard, it will come true?

There is nothing to indicate the 49ers will lose 2 of the next division games.

Maybe they lose to the Rams, which I doubt. But even if they do, does that prove anything? Look at everything that had to go our way for us to beat the Rams at home. By a single point.

As for the rest of this post? They aren't losing to the Cardinals so it is not a tremendously likely prediction.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k1wzc72z said:

I really don't want to wade too deep into this...

....but....

1) He was referring to what happened AFTER the coin toss.
2) It was much more than the handshake....it was Baker in general and past comments.
3) It wasn't just Sherman who took issue.
4) You are correct, he really doesn't have any reason to lie.

5) and this one is the most important....

I really don't care. LOL. Browns got blasted.