True or False

OrFan

Reaction score
The Rams and the Cardinals are actually the same team with two sets of uniforms?

Actually this is closer to the truth than it seems. With one or two exceptions, Fitz and maybe a couple Ram's o-linemen, you could pretty much swap players from one team to the other with the same results. Both teams are mediocre and probably will be for quite some time, nothing to really stand out.

kearly

Reaction score
One's a 4-3 and the other's a 3-4, but yeah, pretty similar. I think the Cardinals D is a good bet to decline though, and I like the Rams O-line and running game quite a bit more than Arizona's (which isn't saying much).

Arians is going to lean heavily on Palmer, which is going to be interesting given his lack of protection, durability concerns and mediocre WR corps.

OP
OP
O

OrFan

Reaction score
kearly":azxjgiyr said:
One's a 4-3 and the other's a 3-4, but yeah, pretty similar. I think the Cardinals D is a good bet to decline though, and I like the Rams O-line and running game quite a bit more than Arizona's (which isn't saying much).

Arians is going to lean heavily on Palmer, which is going to be interesting given his lack of protection, durability concerns and mediocre WR corps.

I didn't actually mean scheme, etc. It just seems that most of their players seem to be about the same caliber, with a couple obvious exceptions as stated. Both qb's can amaze you with a great throw and then back it up with a streak of pure garbage that makes you wonder what the heck is going on. Defenses that look good once in a while and then fall completely apart. Receivers that you think can be good and then disappear without a real reason.

They just remind me of twins, almost good and then look ugly. When our team was bad, they were really bad. The Cards almost fall into this after they fell apart last year, but now they look like they may be on the edge of being something good and just as much looking bad. The Rams seem to always fall into this category. I thought they may have what it takes this year and then I saw Bradford up to his same old tricks, the guy cannot put air under his passes, he throws too flat and hard on every pass no matter how far the ball is thrown. That style is a recipe for dropped, batted or intercepted passes.

I just think you could interchange pieces and still not improve. The same ugly problems would still be there. It's just kind of strange.

I just had to come back and add this about Fisher. I too thought from memory that he would be pretty good. I looked up his head coaching history, not that good. He has had a few really good years, only a few. He finishes 3rd in his division the majority of the time. His overall career results support that also as he has averaged exactly 3rd over his time as a head coach.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
False.

Look at the ages of some of Arizona's starters, including some pretty key guys: Larry Fitzgerald (29), Carson Palmer (33), Lyle Sendlein (29), Darren Colledge (31), Darnell Dockett (32), Levi Brown (29), Karlos Dansby (31), Yeremiah Bell (35).

The Rams have two starters (Harvey Dahl, Scott Wells) who are over 30 (plus a fill-in, Will Witherspoon), and one who is 29 (Cortland Finnegan). The rest of the Rams starters, and most of the key depth players, are 28 or under. Not to mention the fact that the Rams have another two first round picks next year.

So... I think the long-term arrow points much higher for the Rams.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2fw55o8n said:
False.

Look at the ages of some of Arizona's starters, including some pretty key guys: Larry Fitzgerald (29), Carson Palmer (33), Lyle Sendlein (29), Darren Colledge (31), Darnell Dockett (32), Levi Brown (29), Karlos Dansby (31), Yeremiah Bell (35).

The Rams have two starters (Harvey Dahl, Scott Wells) who are over 30 (plus a fill-in, Will Witherspoon), and one who is 29 (Cortland Finnegan). The rest of the Rams starters, and most of the key depth players, are 28 or under. Not to mention the fact that the Rams have another two first round picks next year.

So... I think the long-term arrow points much higher for the Rams.

Why, did they finally trade Bradford?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
if AZ's D falls off significantly they are in huge trouble.

Latest posts