Patrick Peterson gets paid

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I like it. The more money they have to spend to keep a name rather than a true shut down corner the better.

Even Seahawk receivers have toasted PP21, just wait until he tries to cover Harvin.

Laloosh

Reaction score
So you're saying we got one helluva deal on Sherm.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Hawks got a good deal, Sherman got a good deal and since the AZ camp believes their guy is more valuable, they paid more. But he isn't.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31ogx3ab said:
Sherman's looking like practically a "Picasso at a garage sale" kind of deal now.

FTFY

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mjnypt4h said:
I only meant Wal-Mart in terms of VALUE, Laloosh. Geez. That works too, though.

I know. I was embellishing a bit.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This was the best thing that could happen from a Seahawks stand point.

1. Peterson is highly overrated.
2. And now he's overpaid.
3. Sherman is more likely to keep the chip on his shoulder and continue to prove he's the best.

Love it.

Hopefully, Bryon Maxwell puts in a monster season, not that I think the team can afford him (nor should they for what they are paying #25, #29, and #31) but a 3rd Round Comp would be nice return from a 6th round investment.. Bradley needs a shutdown corner.

themunn

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3u23z9nr said:
This was the best thing that could happen from a Seahawks stand point.

1. Peterson is highly overrated.
2. And now he's overpaid.
3. Sherman is more likely to keep the chip on his shoulder and continue to prove he's the best.

Love it.

Hopefully, Bryon Maxwell puts in a monster season, not that I think the team can afford him (nor should they for what they are paying #25, #29, and #31) but a 3rd Round Comp would be nice return from a 6th round investment.. Bradley needs a shutdown corner.

Hopefully Thurmond gets burned week in week out for the Giants which will give rise to trepidation that the Hawks corners are "only good because of the system" and Maxwell gets rubbish offers elsewhere and chooses to stay

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I see this has reignited the Sherman vs Peterson debate in the media.

When it's all said and done this isn't even going to be a debate. We keep hearing about Peterson's potential but he entered the league the same time as Sherman and even though he's younger he's been playing CB a lot longer. He may have improved last year but didn't get anywhere near Sherm's level and I'd estimate he's got four or five season's to do that before his body starts to deteriorate (and that's if he escapes injury). Where Peterson's game relies almost entirely on his athleticism, it's Sherman's smarts that separate him from any other cornerback in the league and that's why he'll be greater for longer, whereas Peterson looks every bit the type of cornerback who will hit 30 and decline pretty rapidly, as so many do.

I'm happy he got paid more though, eats up the Card's cap.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Peterson relies on his potential, Sherman relies on his production. Peterson gets burned way to much as an "elite corner" for my liking. Not mad about this extension at all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BUAHAHAHAHAHA. This is good. I love Sherman so much.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealPeterson21/status/494489589331918849[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/494495853491388416[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/494492487285620736[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SI_DougFarrar/status/494499769499144192[/tweet]

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That's going to be a hard contract to play up to. After Sherman continues his great play and outperforms PP21 again it will get really interesting.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
He signs a 70 million dollar deal, and has to tweet at Sherman?

Damn, Sherman is in that guys head. :D