• YES

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • NO

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hell no. That guy deserves to be relegated to the Arena League.

Unless PC & JS decide to do it then I'm all for it. :mrgreen:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Don't think so.

The sense that I have is Incognito would make it all about him in the locker room.

We don't need that distraction.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I can't imagine him being able to integrate into any locker room culture after his statements came to light, especially ours. Honestly, I surprised Riley Cooper was able to overcome his country fiasco the way he did.

He's got talent but his career may be over.

Cartire

Reaction score
Double Down Pete.

Lets get a badass turnaround story and good lineman.

seabowl

Reaction score
I say yes. This way he would be a rookie again and the players could haze him. :sarcasm_on:

This guy is a pure loser since at least college. Good luck selling insurance Richie because ain't nobody touchin you.

nepahawk

Reaction score
I would sign him. He is not the same person that was on the Rams. imho

The incident with the dolphins was blown out of proportion.
I was watching some replays of hard knocks and there was a seen with J Martin that stood out to me.
After what supposedly transpired , looking back at the show was interesting.
In one scene, after the rookies got their hair cuts, Martin was sitting alone in the cafe. Someone said something innocent and he got this defensive attitude and seemed to want to make a big deal out of it!
He just seemed more of an entitled spoiled kid or should I say pussy than
Incognito was or is!

Incognito is not totally innocent with everything but, I think Martin is just weak and Richie was his scapegoat!!

sc85sis

Reaction score
nepahawk":c55tukvw said:
I would sign him. He is not the same person that was on the Rams. imho

The incident with the dolphins was blown out of proportion.
I was watching some replays of hard knocks and there was a seen with J Martin that stood out to me.
After what supposedly transpired , looking back at the show was interesting.
In one scene, after the rookies got their hair cuts, Martin was sitting alone in the cafe. Someone said something innocent and he got this defensive attitude and seemed to want to make a big deal out of it!
He just seemed more of an entitled spoiled kid or should I say pussy than
Incognito was or is!

Incognito is not totally innocent with everything but, I think Martin is just weak and Richie was his scapegoat!!
People who are bullied are often more defensive than they should be because they're used to being picked on and start thinking that everyone is like that with them. His overreaction adds more credence to the rumors, in my opinion.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I would bring him in and give him a shot to show what he's got.

He's obviously a huge douche-shoes but whatever as long as he can play, would be very hard for him to revert back to his old ways with a bunch of stanford grads making him feel like an idiot about it without even trying.

At this point I'm all for signing as many O-line guys as we can get our hands on to make the line as solid as possible.

cheese22

Reaction score
I find it very interesting that on that link, Boomer says there's a million Richie Incognito's in the NFL. This stuff happens everywhere, but because of one crybaby, the world thinks Incognito invented it and is the worst person ever. Grow a sack!
I may be a pit partial. I met Richie eight years ago on my 1st anniversary in Vegas. We sat next to each other for over 3 hours playing black jack. The first thing he did after finding out it was my anniversary was hand me a hundred dollar chip and say congratulations. He was animated and got loud at times. But one thing I will say is he was as polite to the other players and the dealer as anyone I've ever sat with. He was living and dying with every hand and was betting $25 per. Even on bad beats and losing streaks, I didn't see anything that approached anger and he definitely was not arrogant. A few people (drunk guys) recognized him and he talked to them like long time buddies. I was surprised because I'm a Duck fan and I remember all the hoopla about him going to UO and what a bad guy he was. I certainly didn't see it and actually really liked him. By the end of the night he gave me a big hug and said he was calling it a night and it was still pretty early.
My two cents...or ten.

zhawk

Reaction score
I have to say, give him a shot. it would give him an opportunity to continue beating on martin with the niners. :49ersmall: anything for an edge.

zhawk

Reaction score
cheese22":ruikvmop said:
I find it very interesting that on that link, Boomer says there's a million Richie Incognito's in the NFL. This stuff happens everywhere, but because of one crybaby, the world thinks Incognito invented it and is the worst person ever. Grow a sack!
I may be a pit partial. I met Richie eight years ago on my 1st anniversary in Vegas. We sat next to each other for over 3 hours playing black jack. The first thing he did after finding out it was my anniversary was hand me a hundred dollar chip and say congratulations. He was animated and got loud at times. But one thing I will say is he was as polite to the other players and the dealer as anyone I've ever sat with. He was living and dying with every hand and was betting $25 per. Even on bad beats and losing streaks, I didn't see anything that approached anger and he definitely was not arrogant. A few people (drunk guys) recognized him and he talked to them like long time buddies. I was surprised because I'm a Duck fan and I remember all the hoopla about him going to UO and what a bad guy he was. I certainly didn't see it and actually really liked him. By the end of the night he gave me a big hug and said he was calling it a night and it was still pretty early.
My two cents...or ten.

awesome story! :49ersmall:

kobebryant

Reaction score
If it was up to me I would.

While Sweezy is a nasty piece of business, it would be nice to add another nasty dude with Breno gone.

Though I'm not on the inside and envision that it would be hard for Incognito to fit in the Hawks locker room.

taco40

Reaction score
cheese22":j246vpbw said:
My two cents...or ten.

My initial reaction was absolutely, no, I'd hate to see the close-knit Hawks become splintered by RI. I, too, remember the Ducks giving up on him quickly and I saw the melt-down video which is not basing opinions on rumor. If the Hawks did give him a try, he'd have to be on a pretty short leash. Browner was a good try, but they didn't mess about after trying to work with him. I do appreciate Cheese's perspective above and am glad for the positive experience. Whichever team gives him his last chance, though, will have some hefty distractions to deal with.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
zhawk":11h9zoy2 said:
cheese22":11h9zoy2 said:
My two cents...or ten.

awesome story! :49ersmall:
It is an awesome story. But as far as having a guy on your team, the fact that he's caused trouble at every stop since college outweighs a few fun hours playing cards.

For anyone who needs reminders: start with his multiple infractions at Nebraska, including fights with his own teammates, the failed attempts at therapy, his suspension from that University, and his dismissal from his new school within a week of showing up there.

Then he went pro. After 4 years and a history of critical personal fouls, fines, ejections, heated arguments with his coach, benchings, and partying when he should have been rehabbing injuries, he was cut with 3 games remaining in the season.

He played those last 3 games with another team, which choose not to re-sign him. While in the third year with his next team, at the team's annual celebrity golf event he got wasted and sexually harassed a female volunteer. He prodded her genitals with a golf club, for shit's sake, and rubbed his own genitals against her buttocks. At a TEAM COMMUNITY EVENT, where fans pay big money to mingle with players. The very next year brought the infamous, ceaseless, berating, belittling, harassment toward his own teammate.

He's a horrible person. I would not root for him even if he was a Hawk.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I voted no, but not because of his personality problems. I would actually be interested in seeing what Pete and Co could do with those. He may be a total jock douche canoe, but I bet he isn't much more of one than Breno (although Breno has a little more self control).

As far as strengths, I see a few.

He would make a good replacement for The Big Russian in Beast Mode's world. Of all the losses this year, I think the combined loss of M Rob and the Big Russian are going to be the biggest because I think it will mess with Lynch's head. He had a real connection with those guys that he fed off of. Incognito might be able to fill that void and keep Beast Mode in gear.

He would add back some of that ability to aggravate opposing lines that Breno gave us. Like Breno he is good at getting under opponents skin and drawing a few penalties, unfortunately, he was probably worse at getting flagged for personal fouls than Breno. I don't see a lot of nasty with our current lineup. You need a little nasty on the line.

Weaknesses

Well, the biggest weakness and the reason I voted no is that he just isn't built for a zone scheme. Of course, as soon as I say that, I have to admit that his only Pro-Bowl (alternate) and his best year was in 2012 when Miami switched to a zone blocking scheme. Still, he isn't an athletic type of dude who fits into a zone scheme. The best thing that the Miami reporters could say about him at the end of his best season was that he wasn't a liability. Hmmm.

Too many personal fouls. He doesn't seem to know how to keep his own cool when he is goading his opponents.

- bsd

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":q83tloxi said:
I personally hate Richie Incognito. He represents almost everything I despise about the entitled, chauvinistic jock culture. He would be a PR nightmare for a while. Having said that, if he was going to some kind of counseling, and was in shape, he'd probably be an upgrade for us on the O-line, and would be dirt cheap for an experienced lineman. Maybe?
nailed it! ^
Exactly my thoughts on the guy. Don't need the drama.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Do it... he's a perfect Seahawk. Everyone hates the guy, he's nasty and if he was a locker room problem he would be gone as fast as JS could type up the release.

I hated the guy when he was with the Rams, but mostly because he was always instigating. He is like Breno on steroids.