1 and 4

stack55

Reaction score
Hello bloggers

I’m not pushing the panic button, But I could see us losing the next
Two games. The niners are kind of beat up but I don’t see us going
To there house and beating them.

Then on short notice with a Thursday night game we play the Rams.
They are the number 1 ranked team in the league.

The Hawks haven’t showed anything positive the last 2 games.
This team is mediocre at best. Let me know what you think.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
1-4, 2-3 and 3-2 are the possible outcomes. That's why they play the games.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
1-4 is probably the outcome of the next two games. Not saying all hope is lost after a 1-4 start. But the beat down the rams are going to give them will destroy the locker room.

Maybe it could be good to be 1-4. Maybe just maybe it will light a fire in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
Could be 1-16 for all I know . :D

xray

Reaction score
xray":3uvr08v3 said:
Could be 1-16 for all I know . :D

^
On an earlier post I predicted 10-7 . It's doable still , but that won't guarantee post season games . IMO

Elemas

Reaction score
This next game is critical for both teams.

Likely a defensive sh*t show from both sides. I think we have more firepower than them but….

3 games down in this conference would be a nightmare.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. Likely 2-3 after these next two. All is not lost. It's a long season peeps.

Reaction score
They'll probably go 1 and 4. Luckily the next 3 games after that seem more winnable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If I were to bet, I'd lay my money on 1-4. Niners and Rams not only have better records than we have, they're playing better football.

I was trying to find out what our percentage of making the playoffs were at various stages during the season (for example, a team that starts 0-4 has virtually no chance of making the playoffs) when I came across this link:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

The Raiders are the team with the greatest chance of making it to and winning the Super Bowl? That's not the team I would have guessed.

To think that we're in the same company as the teams listed below us almost makes me sick to my stomach: Jets, Jags, Colts, Lions, and Giants. Ugh.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Russ and Pete have never lost 3 in a row. IMO 2-3 is way more likely, and I'd even lean on towards 3-2

toffee

Reaction score
1-4? a very bad beginning of the season indeed. If they could finish 10-7 or 9-8 in the end, that 1-4 could be a blessing, 10-7 could sneak into a wildcard, 9-8 probably not. In either case, to finish 10-7 with a 1-4 start, Hawks have to do 9-3 rest of the season, with momentum dashing towards the finish line. I rather have that than limped into the post season like last year.

Could they go 9-3 after a 1-4? Definitely, the offense is still learning a new system, without the benefit of preseason as Pete sat all the starters. Surprisingly they are introducing a lot of new stuffs on the defense, those new stuffs currently aren't working. Guys are confused, frustrated, out of place, and frustrated. The 1-4 will either force Pete to ditch the 'new system' or guys will get familiar with it, either way, they will play better as time goes on. Again, the defense starters didn't have the benefit of preseason games to get acquainted with new stuffs.

Hey, this homer will look back at 1-4 as a blessing.

nwHawk

Reaction score
4-4 by the Green Bay Fudge Packers is very likely.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
2 wins. Already as many wins as both the '76 and '92 teams. Who knows, maybe they'll pick up a few more here and there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This is the NFL and a week by week league. New Orleans looked like world beaters in week one, and GB looked dead.
Don’t judge teams by their worst week, and don’t judge teams by their best week.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2q2w8p31 said:
This is the NFL and a week by week league. New Orleans looked like world beaters in week one, and GB looked dead.

Don’t judge teams by their worst week, and don’t judge teams by their best week.

Especially this early in the season. I hate making picks and prognostications in the first 4-5 weeks.