49ers vs Packers

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2g4o44dd said:
Stud":2g4o44dd said:
Sports Hernia":2g4o44dd said:
Maelstrom787":2g4o44dd said:
C'mon. It was a bad game, marked by bad quarterback play for the majority of the game, and overall offensive ineptitude on both sides. Not to mention some god awful special teams by Green Bay. Fundamentally unsound football.

You're... really weirdly offended by good rushing attacks. After the absolute tear the running attack went on to end the season, it's also coming off as a real cold take on your part, too. ;)
Yeah the team that won didn’t score an offensive TD.
Niners are wounded pray.

Meh, the Patriots beat the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship game by scoring just 10 points and another 14 from a pick six and special teams. They won the super bowl. This is playoff football.

Fun fact, the 49ers have won more playoff games in the last 3 years than the Hawks have since 2015. They also have been to more NFC championship games and super bowls in that span. Must suck to be irrelevant.
Must suck to lose TWICE to an irreverent Seattle team this season.

Irreverent?

I don't like losing to Seattle or any division rival, but if you really think Niner fans are sweating the Seahawks right now you've lost it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Wow. Congrats, Marv. Niners can win ugly. And that is crucial at this point in the season.

I thought it'd be a 30-13 for Green Bay sort of game. I'm honestly kind of happy Rogers is out. What a twat.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rvfv9cw said:
Sports Hernia":3rvfv9cw said:
Stud":3rvfv9cw said:
Sports Hernia":3rvfv9cw said:
Niners are wounded pray.

Meh, the Patriots beat the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship game by scoring just 10 points and another 14 from a pick six and special teams. They won the super bowl. This is playoff football.

Fun fact, the 49ers have won more playoff games in the last 3 years than the Hawks have since 2015. They also have been to more NFC championship games and super bowls in that span. Must suck to be irrelevant.

Irreverent?

I don't like losing to Seattle or any division rival, but if you really think Niner fans are sweating the Seahawks right now you've lost it.
Your fellow Niner troll “Stud” referred to Seattle as irrelevant a few posts up.
I was using his word.

9er4life

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2hdyn881 said:
Stud":2hdyn881 said:
Sports Hernia":2hdyn881 said:
Maelstrom787":2hdyn881 said:
C'mon. It was a bad game, marked by bad quarterback play for the majority of the game, and overall offensive ineptitude on both sides. Not to mention some god awful special teams by Green Bay. Fundamentally unsound football.

You're... really weirdly offended by good rushing attacks. After the absolute tear the running attack went on to end the season, it's also coming off as a real cold take on your part, too. ;)
Niners are wounded pray.

Weak

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":do0fjdhy said:
MyrtleHawk":do0fjdhy said:
Wait, so the 49ers went to the NFCCG WITHOUT a franchise QB?!? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! HOW?! I thought you had to have an AMAZING QB to get this far into the playoffs...Look at Rodgers and Wilson and others, how come they didn't make it?! Oh, it's a team sport and only one person can't make a difference? SHOCKER!!!

This is why I advocate trading Wilson. It might take a franchise QB to make it deep in the playoffs, or it might not. How many times have we made it deep in the playoffs with Wilson the last 5 years? I'll wait for that answer and the excuses why we haven't made it with him

Question, do you think that trading Wilson will turn this team in to the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position? Because that is what the Niners are. It's rare to be able to build a team that good and make it deep into the playoffs without a great QB. Just because Jimmy G made the NFCC game, doesn't change the fact that having an elite QB is the safest way to build a SB contender.

You answered your own question after asking it. It takes a whole team to make it deep into the playoffs, much less a Superbowl. No I don't think trading Wilson = the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position, but also are you really calling the 49ers the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position? Seriously? And if so, look at how they're doing. Does that not warrant just a microscopic ounce of proof that a franchise QB literally ISN'T necessary to make it to the playoffs, much less make it to a conference championship game?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":17rv0ruk said:
XxXdragonXxX":17rv0ruk said:
MyrtleHawk":17rv0ruk said:
Wait, so the 49ers went to the NFCCG WITHOUT a franchise QB?!? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! HOW?! I thought you had to have an AMAZING QB to get this far into the playoffs...Look at Rodgers and Wilson and others, how come they didn't make it?! Oh, it's a team sport and only one person can't make a difference? SHOCKER!!!

This is why I advocate trading Wilson. It might take a franchise QB to make it deep in the playoffs, or it might not. How many times have we made it deep in the playoffs with Wilson the last 5 years? I'll wait for that answer and the excuses why we haven't made it with him

Question, do you think that trading Wilson will turn this team in to the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position? Because that is what the Niners are. It's rare to be able to build a team that good and make it deep into the playoffs without a great QB. Just because Jimmy G made the NFCC game, doesn't change the fact that having an elite QB is the safest way to build a SB contender.

You answered your own question after asking it. It takes a whole team to make it deep into the playoffs, much less a Superbowl. No I don't think trading Wilson = the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position, but also are you really calling the 49ers the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position? Seriously? And if so, look at how they're doing. Does that not warrant just a microscopic ounce of proof that a franchise QB literally ISN'T necessary to make it to the playoffs, much less make it to a conference championship game?

The point is that it is extremely hard to build a team that strong without an elite QB. That is why the majority of SBs are won by teams with elite QBs. To get that far without an elite QB, the rest of the team has to be great all around. And yes I absolutely believe the Niners are the best all around team outside of the QB position. And furthermore, it is even harder to keep a team without an elite QB competitive for a long time, that is why when you see a team like the Ravens win a SB with Joe Flacco/Trent Dilfer, they don't sustain that success. Keeping an entire roster at an elite level for years is impossible, that is why having an elite QB is the best way to build a team.

chris98251

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":z35bda25 said:
MyrtleHawk":z35bda25 said:
XxXdragonXxX":z35bda25 said:
MyrtleHawk":z35bda25 said:

The point is that it is extremely hard to build a team that strong without an elite QB. That is why the majority of SBs are won by teams with elite QBs. To get that far without an elite QB, the rest of the team has to be great all around. And yes I absolutely believe the Niners are the best all around team outside of the QB position. And furthermore, it is even harder to keep a team without an elite QB competitive for a long time, that is why when you see a team like the Ravens win a SB with Joe Flacco/Trent Dilfer, they don't sustain that success. Keeping an entire roster at an elite level for years is impossible, that is why having an elite QB is the best way to build a team.

How many Super Bowls has Elite Aaron, Elite Russell, Elite Peyton, Elite Ben, all won?

One and Two for Ben.

I think a Coach and Ownership is more important, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Miami all had the right formula for a while and then the big outlier the Patriots being the other. They all did it with what were considered good QB's, Montana and Young were not considered elite till their success was chalked up to wins, Staubach and Aikman the same, both had issues coming into the league or stigmas they had to overcome, Bradshaw was considered a great arm and a Tough SOB but not a bright guy for the position. Greise was good at everything but very smart but not Franchise so to speak as looked at today.

James in PA

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls has Elite Aaron, Elite Russell, Elite Peyton, Elite Ben, all won?

One and Two for Ben.

Two* for Ben.

Fixed it for ya.

Also, Peyton won 2 (although the 2nd won was all about his team's defense)

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Congrats Niners.

What an ugly game in ugly weather. Niners offense deserved the loss but the Packers stole it from them.
Should have ran the GREENBAY SWEEP lombardy!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Congrats Niners.

What an ugly game in ugly weather. Niners offense deserved the loss but the Packers stole it from them.
Should have ran the GREENBAY SWEEP lombardy!

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3owyqifb said:
XxXdragonXxX":3owyqifb said:
MyrtleHawk":3owyqifb said:
XxXdragonXxX":3owyqifb said:

One and Two for Ben.

I think a Coach and Ownership is more important, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Miami all had the right formula for a while and then the big outlier the Patriots being the other. They all did it with what were considered good QB's, Montana and Young were not considered elite till their success was chalked up to wins, Staubach and Aikman the same, both had issues coming into the league or stigmas they had to overcome, Bradshaw was considered a great arm and a Tough SOB but not a bright guy for the position. Greise was good at everything but very smart but not Franchise so to speak as looked at today.

Couldn't agree more with you Chris, we could go far or as far as Wilson has been "carrying" us with a good QB. Say a young Derek Carr that doesn't cost so much, we could then use the $$$ on defense and supporting cast. No one will mistake Jimmy G as an elite QB, heck, he is just about league average but he just kicked Rodger's butt with help from defense.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
chris98251":1pmxjdke said:
XxXdragonXxX":1pmxjdke said:
MyrtleHawk":1pmxjdke said:
XxXdragonXxX":1pmxjdke said:

One and Two for Ben.

Peyton, Rodgers, Rapistburger, and Wilson all played in an era with the Elite of the Elite Tom Brady winning all the Superbowls. Yet all of their teams had sustained success for their entire careers, making the playoffs practically wvery year. Find me a team that has had sustained success over the past 10 to 20 years without having an elite QB? Their are several one off SB winners that had absolutely incredible defenses and good run games, but they fall off quickly.

BTW, the Niners and Jimmy G won't make it past the NFCC game. Elite Tom Brady is about to take the Bucs to back to back Superbowls.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":iosak67u said:
Marvin49":iosak67u said:
Sports Hernia":iosak67u said:
Stud":iosak67u said:

Irreverent?

Your fellow Niner troll “Stud” referred to Seattle as irrelevant a few posts up.
I was using his word.

He didn’t say Irreverent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
This appears to have turned into a Seahawks discussion about whether to pay an elite QB or not.

Let me just say as a Niner fan who hasn’t had one since Steve Young, you are nuts to think you are better off without one.

The QB gets you in the tourney year after year. Not having one means you have to be GREAT outside if that position. That ain’t cheap either. May not be 30 mil, but what do you think Bosa and Deebo are about to make?

If seen this idea before, “pay less expensive QB and spend the money on other positions”. It doesn’t work. Yes, there are teams who make it but they are the exception, not the rule.

Even the 49ers realize this. That’s why they traded all those picks for Trey Lance. It’s yet to be seen if he’ll be any good, but you need that QB.

As for previous poster RE Derek Carr, how much you think Derek Carr is gonna get? I didn’t watch Wilson all year but when I did see him it looked like he didn’t have the foot speed he used to. That’s an issue as so much if his success came off platform. I wouldn’t be so fast tho to give up on him and just think you can plug in cheaper guy and suddenly dramatically improve rest of roster.

IMO, what’s happening is natural. If you win over the long term and constantly are picking low in the draft and aren’t always hitting in those picks, your team will decline. Happened in New England. Brady jumped to a team with far more talent outside of the QB position.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Congrats Niners! The 49ers do it by playing disciplined defense and they can control the clock through their running game. They have such a good defense that it can overcome any errors that their offense, particularly their QB makes. They really good depth at rb. They lost Mostert for the season and yet their running game didn't suffer. They still found ways to pound the ball.

9er4life

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2vhxv305 said:
chris98251":2vhxv305 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2vhxv305 said:
MyrtleHawk":2vhxv305 said:

One and Two for Ben.

Peyton, Rodgers, Rapistburger, and Wilson all played in an era with the Elite of the Elite Tom Brady winning all the Superbowls. Yet all of their teams had sustained success for their entire careers, making the playoffs practically wvery year. Find me a team that has had sustained success over the past 10 to 20 years without having an elite QB? Their are several one off SB winners that had absolutely incredible defenses and good run games, but they fall off quickly.

BTW, the Niners and Jimmy G won't make it past the NFCC game. Elite Tom Brady is about to take the Bucs to back to back Superbowls.

Brady is smart, takes his money in incentives instead of salary so team has money to build around him.

Hawks won SB with Legion of Boom, no boom, no SB. Hawks seem to cheap out on O-line and it shows.

Jimmy isn't elite but he has a winning record and does just enough to win. Has his elite moments and brain farts.

4-1 playoffs record all time.

Big time winner in the regular season.

2nd NFC Championship appearance in 3 seasons.

1 prior Super Bowl appearance.

Right now 9ers are playing with house money. Didnt expect them to go this far so who knows how far they'll go. But to predict loss is just wishfull thinking on your part.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3qt9es23 said:
Cyrus12":3qt9es23 said:
Maelstrom787":3qt9es23 said:
Watching the games today makes me feel pretty great about the Seahawks.

Bad year, but god, that was some awful football. The types of coaches Seattle fans pine for really showed their asses today in the NFC game.

The gulf between Seattle as they stand and those teams is, like, barely a trickle.
If Wilson was in this game he would of froze solid...

Yeah, probably. Just like Minnesota.

I disagree with frozen solid, but Wilson will likely try hard to carry the game. The competitiveness would have driven him to hold the ball way too long, and looking for that hero throw. He connects those at times, but of late, he hasn't been as successful as we all like it to be. The OL will likely look like rubbish when hero balls were in action.

For the record, 9ers rushed 29 times, vs 19 pass attempts which Jimmy connected 11 times, suffered 4 sacks and 1 int. Ask yourself, would Russ allow 29 rush attempts? especially when running only averaged 3.7 yards per? Or his spirit will take over? Jimmy suffered 4 sacks for 25 yards, or 6 yards per, I guess Jimmy were taking 3 steps or some 5 step drops, when you were sack in a hero ball situation, it's more than 6 yards, right?

GB was reverse of 9ers, with 29 pass attempts vs 20 rushing attempts, their inability to run was a factor in this game.

9er4life

Reaction score
toffee":3hckove1 said:
Maelstrom787":3hckove1 said:
Cyrus12":3hckove1 said:
Maelstrom787":3hckove1 said:
Watching the games today makes me feel pretty great about the Seahawks.

Bad year, but god, that was some awful football. The types of coaches Seattle fans pine for really showed their asses today in the NFC game.

The gulf between Seattle as they stand and those teams is, like, barely a trickle.
If Wilson was in this game he would of froze solid...

Yeah, probably. Just like Minnesota.

I disagree with frozen solid, but Wilson will likely try hard to carry the game. The competitiveness would have driven him to hold the ball way too long, and looking for that hero throw. He connects those at times, but of late, he hasn't been as successful as we all like it to be. The OL will likely look like rubbish when hero balls were in action.

For the record, 9ers rushed 29 times, vs 19 pass attempts which Jimmy connected 11 times, suffered 4 sacks and 1 int. Ask yourself, would Russ allow 29 rush attempts? especially when running only averaged 3.7 yards per? Or his spirit will take over? Jimmy suffered 4 sacks for 25 yards, or 6 yards per, I guess Jimmy were taking 3 steps or some 5 step drops, when you were sack in a hero ball situation, it's more than 6 yards, right?

GB was reverse of 9ers, with 29 pass attempts vs 20 rushing attempts, their inability to run was a factor in this game.

Rogers getting sacked 5 times didn't help them either.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I will take being wrong on this one to see the look on Rodgers's post game and hearing all the fall out now.

So Niners fans is there any doubt you want to Rams again next week?

9er4life

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1435qveh said:
I will take being wrong on this one to see the look on Rodgers's post game and hearing all the fall out now.

So Niners fans is there any doubt you want to Rams again next week?

Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, on the other hand Sofai is home game for 9ers. Short travel, 9er fans so loud Rams went to silent count.

On the other hand would be nice to unseat Brady.

Bring on whoever, still playing with house money.

Latest posts