49ers vs Packers

chris98251

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":a03vt2v5 said:
chris98251":a03vt2v5 said:
XxXdragonXxX":a03vt2v5 said:
MyrtleHawk":a03vt2v5 said:
You answered your own question after asking it. It takes a whole team to make it deep into the playoffs, much less a Superbowl. No I don't think trading Wilson = the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position, but also are you really calling the 49ers the best team in the NFL aside from the QB position? Seriously? And if so, look at how they're doing. Does that not warrant just a microscopic ounce of proof that a franchise QB literally ISN'T necessary to make it to the playoffs, much less make it to a conference championship game?

The point is that it is extremely hard to build a team that strong without an elite QB. That is why the majority of SBs are won by teams with elite QBs. To get that far without an elite QB, the rest of the team has to be great all around. And yes I absolutely believe the Niners are the best all around team outside of the QB position. And furthermore, it is even harder to keep a team without an elite QB competitive for a long time, that is why when you see a team like the Ravens win a SB with Joe Flacco/Trent Dilfer, they don't sustain that success. Keeping an entire roster at an elite level for years is impossible, that is why having an elite QB is the best way to build a team.

How many Super Bowls has Elite Aaron, Elite Russell, Elite Peyton, Elite Ben, all won?

One and Two for Ben.

I think a Coach and Ownership is more important, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Miami all had the right formula for a while and then the big outlier the Patriots being the other. They all did it with what were considered good QB's, Montana and Young were not considered elite till their success was chalked up to wins, Staubach and Aikman the same, both had issues coming into the league or stigmas they had to overcome, Bradshaw was considered a great arm and a Tough SOB but not a bright guy for the position. Greise was good at everything but very smart but not Franchise so to speak as looked at today.

Peyton, Rodgers, Rapistburger, and Wilson all played in an era with the Elite of the Elite Tom Brady winning all the Superbowls. Yet all of their teams had sustained success for their entire careers, making the playoffs practically wvery year. Find me a team that has had sustained success over the past 10 to 20 years without having an elite QB? Their are several one off SB winners that had absolutely incredible defenses and good run games, but they fall off quickly.

BTW, the Niners and Jimmy G won't make it past the NFCC game. Elite Tom Brady is about to take the Bucs to back to back Superbowls.

Dallas Tony Romo............ Vikings with Cousins, Rams Goff, Next Argument.

Marvin49

Reaction score
9er4life":1456fi3d said:
HawkRiderFan":1456fi3d said:
I will take being wrong on this one to see the look on Rodgers's post game and hearing all the fall out now.

So Niners fans is there any doubt you want to Rams again next week?

Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, on the other hand Sofai is home game for 9ers. Short travel, 9er fans so loud Rams went to silent count.

On the other hand would be nice to unseat Brady.

Bring on whoever, still playing with house money.

Kinda were I am RE house money.

I want them to win mind you, but for me this is all gravy. Once they were 3-5 I didn't even expect them to make the post-season.

If they lose this week or in the SB, I'm sure fans of other teams will harp on it, but for me, I'm just enjoying this with no expectations. They weren't supposed to be here.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
chris98251":3bd9tgc5 said:
XxXdragonXxX":3bd9tgc5 said:
chris98251":3bd9tgc5 said:
XxXdragonXxX":3bd9tgc5 said:
The point is that it is extremely hard to build a team that strong without an elite QB. That is why the majority of SBs are won by teams with elite QBs. To get that far without an elite QB, the rest of the team has to be great all around. And yes I absolutely believe the Niners are the best all around team outside of the QB position. And furthermore, it is even harder to keep a team without an elite QB competitive for a long time, that is why when you see a team like the Ravens win a SB with Joe Flacco/Trent Dilfer, they don't sustain that success. Keeping an entire roster at an elite level for years is impossible, that is why having an elite QB is the best way to build a team.

How many Super Bowls has Elite Aaron, Elite Russell, Elite Peyton, Elite Ben, all won?

One and Two for Ben.

I think a Coach and Ownership is more important, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Dallas, Miami all had the right formula for a while and then the big outlier the Patriots being the other. They all did it with what were considered good QB's, Montana and Young were not considered elite till their success was chalked up to wins, Staubach and Aikman the same, both had issues coming into the league or stigmas they had to overcome, Bradshaw was considered a great arm and a Tough SOB but not a bright guy for the position. Greise was good at everything but very smart but not Franchise so to speak as looked at today.

Peyton, Rodgers, Rapistburger, and Wilson all played in an era with the Elite of the Elite Tom Brady winning all the Superbowls. Yet all of their teams had sustained success for their entire careers, making the playoffs practically wvery year. Find me a team that has had sustained success over the past 10 to 20 years without having an elite QB? Their are several one off SB winners that had absolutely incredible defenses and good run games, but they fall off quickly.

BTW, the Niners and Jimmy G won't make it past the NFCC game. Elite Tom Brady is about to take the Bucs to back to back Superbowls.

Dallas Tony Romo............ Vikings with Cousins, Rams Goff, Next Argument.

El oh ******* el.

Romo was the starter in Dallas for 10 seasons. They were above .500 in 4 of those.

The Vikings are 1 out of 4 with Kirk Cousins.

The Rams, 2 out of 5 with Jared Goff.

Goff was the only one of them to even make a Superbowl, and he was foiled by the Patriots changing the defense every play after Goffs headset was turned off, not allowing McVay to tell him where to throw the ball.

Your definition of sustained success, just ain't it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
9er4life":7sevwqgr said:
Sports Hernia":7sevwqgr said:
Stud":7sevwqgr said:
Sports Hernia":7sevwqgr said:
Yeah the team that won didn’t score an offensive TD.
Niners are wounded pray.

Meh, the Patriots beat the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship game by scoring just 10 points and another 14 from a pick six and special teams. They won the super bowl. This is playoff football.

Fun fact, the 49ers have won more playoff games in the last 3 years than the Hawks have since 2015. They also have been to more NFC championship games and super bowls in that span. Must suck to be irrelevant.
Must suck to lose TWICE to an irreverent Seattle team this season.

Weak
Truth.

9er4life

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wfte1rhv said:
9er4life":wfte1rhv said:
Sports Hernia":wfte1rhv said:
Stud":wfte1rhv said:
Meh, the Patriots beat the Steelers in the 2001 AFC Championship game by scoring just 10 points and another 14 from a pick six and special teams. They won the super bowl. This is playoff football.

Fun fact, the 49ers have won more playoff games in the last 3 years than the Hawks have since 2015. They also have been to more NFC championship games and super bowls in that span. Must suck to be irrelevant.
Must suck to lose TWICE to an irreverent Seattle team this season.

Weak
Truth.

I get it, Hawks season was disappointing. The future of your QB is unknown. Like I've said several times now, if beating the 9ers twice helps you get through this, great.

9er4life

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vdfcx3m said:
You mean like dwelling on 5 rings over 2 decades ago?? Whatever gets you thru it.

So dumb you don't even realize you and SH have brought up the 49ers and SB trophies more than any 9er fan here.

Rent free

9er4life

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35q3nemo said:
Rent free? Again, you're spending your time on a SEAHAWKS BOARD

Yes laughing at dumb asses like you clinging to 2 wins against a playoff contender to make yourselves feel better about a dumpster fire of a season.

If you only knew how silly you look. But by all means keep bringing it up.

What's that favorite 12 quote, "your tears are delicious".

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm sorry....

...I just find the sweep conversations from Seahawks fans really funny. OF COURSE I'd like to see the 49ers beat Seattle. I won't say otherwise...

...but if you think Niner fans are sitting around being depressed because they lost to Seattle twice in the week they will be playing for the NFC Championship, you are kidding yourselves.

I mean hell...Seattle wasn't even the only NCFW team to sweep the 49ers (Cards).

"It must suck to lose twice to the last place team in the division". Sure. Ya know what sucks more? Not making the playoffs. I'll care about the streak when it means something. Like next year. Right now, I honestly couldn't care less.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey, your team is in the NFC Championship. Why are you not celebrating with Niners fans?
Just curious. We get it, you had a better season. Congrats. Nobody is denying that the Niners are ballin.

9er4life

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17gfhq8i said:
Hey, your team is in the NFC Championship. Why are you not celebrating with Niners fans?
Just curious. We get it, you had a better season. Congrats. Nobody is denying that the Niners are ballin.

Talk to your boy SH, he's the one fronting on everyone.

SH talks about 4 things, beating 9ers twice, 49ers, dusty trophies, and Trump. Other than that he has zero to offer.

He brings up those 4 items more than anyone on this board, including 9er fans. I'm guessing its an inferiority complex.

If you want to back his play by all means but I always had a much higher regard for you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2pucc4dx said:

Honestly I don't really post in Niner fan forums anymore. I've always enjoyed talking with opposing fans anyway.

Marvin49

Reaction score
9er4life":12ukm5bi said:
SoulfishHawk":12ukm5bi said:

SH talks about 4 things, beating 9ers twice, 49ers, dusty trophies, and Trump. Other than that he has zero to offer.

He brings up those 4 items more than anyone on this board, including 9er fans. I'm guessing its an inferiority complex.

If you want to back his play by all means but I always had a much higher regard for you.

THATS the straw man. "49ers fans talking about dusty trophies" get mentioned about 10x the number of times fans here actually talk about the rings.

9er4life

Reaction score
Marvin49":123lry1r said:
9er4life":123lry1r said:
SoulfishHawk":123lry1r said:

THATS the straw man. "49ers fans talking about dusty trophies" get mentioned about 10x the number of times fans here actually talk about the rings.

Sports himself brings it up more than any 9er fan

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
9er4life":2b62t223 said:
HawkRiderFan":2b62t223 said:
I will take being wrong on this one to see the look on Rodgers's post game and hearing all the fall out now.

Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season, on the other hand Sofai is home game for 9ers. Short travel, 9er fans so loud Rams went to silent count.

I hope 9er fans flood that place. If nothing else, just to drown out that horrible PA guy they have that has to tell the crowd when to cheer

9er4life

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2xp09xdh said:
9er4life":2xp09xdh said:
HawkRiderFan":2xp09xdh said:

I hope 9er fans flood that place. If nothing else, just to drown out that horrible PA guy they have that has to tell the crowd when to cheer

Reports say 60-65% 9er fans so far

Latest posts