Aaron Rodgers has Covid.

VA49er

Reaction score
RiverDog":3mf6ycwi said:
Chapow":3mf6ycwi said:
He didn't have to lie. He chose to lie. Unvaccinated players are still allowed to play in the NFL and are only slightly more inconvenienced by Covid protocols than vaccinated players.

IMO the reason he lied is that he didn't want to take the heat for not getting vaccinated. He was afraid it would hurt his image. He didn't want people to hang the anti vaxxer label on him and he didn't want to spend endless hours defending his decision.

In some ways, I can understand why he lied about it. The vaccine has turned into a political/social issue that is extremely divisive, and I don't blame him for wanting to stay out of that debate. But if he was that concerned, he should have just gone ahead and gotten the jab and been done with it.

So just give it to pressure? Is this how you live your life? If so I have some real quality used cars for you, cheap!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Smokin and VA49er are trying to make it apologetics for covid skepticism, but that isn't the point.

The point is that the NFL set up rules and their union agreed. Some of said rules might not make sense to you or to Aaron Rodgers, but they are still the rules, just like you can't hit helmet-to-helmet, or you must show for media availability.

The relevant thing to NFL football is did he break the rules. Well eight unmasked press conferences, being in street clothes on sideline without a mask, partying with more than three teammates all breaks the rules.

VA49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":33gw27nm said:
Smokin and VA49er are trying to make it apologetics for covid skepticism, but that isn't the point.

The point is that the NFL set up rules and their union agreed. Some of said rules might not make sense to you or to Aaron Rodgers, but they are still the rules, just like you can't hit helmet-to-helmet, or you must show for media availability.

The relevant thing to NFL football is did he break the rules. Well eight unmasked press conferences, being in street clothes on sideline without a mask, partying with more than three teammates all breaks the rules.

You probably think because you're dining at a restaurant maskless you're safe because covid knows the difference.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rjdriver":2ug5pv1l said:
I see a good chance of Rodgers being suspended gainst us.

He clearly misled. Lying is more than speaking an untruth.

Of course with our luck, Jordan Love will have the game that propels him into Canton and all tme greatness.
Naw, he’ll be suspended the day after they play Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":37jhnn3g said:
hawker84":37jhnn3g said:
SmokinHawk":37jhnn3g said:
harryjohnson":37jhnn3g said:
We don't know that he will be fine. Hopefully he is. And even more so those innocents that he infected by being an inconsiderate lying POS.

He claimed he was "Immunized" Which was a crock.

That's true. At his advanced age, he has a 0.005% chance of dying. Prayers for Aaron.

If you look up quickly, you might catch the point flying over your head..

He or the team, or both lied about being vaccinated and broke league rules. There is potential consequences for that. Not only for him but for the organization. Which means fines and/or suspensions.

Personally I hope not. I want his douchebag a** on the field.

He wouldn't have had to lie if his bodily autonomy was being respected.

Remember, the vaxx does nothing to prevent spread, so it's stupid to be mandating it.
Sigh, more anti-Vaxxer victim talk. Do you ever get tired of being the victim?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
VA49er":19r23rp3 said:
RiverDog":19r23rp3 said:
VA49er":19r23rp3 said:
SantaClaraHawk":19r23rp3 said:
I don't even believe that you're the antivaxer 49er who came on before. Not really, because he would defend himself in a more sophisticated way and is actually on 49er boards under a pretty obvious alt.

I wonder, have you taken any of this to the 49er boards? You know, your actual home?

Why are you here?

I am at Webzone along with AZ and LA forums.

Do you ask everyone here that's a fan of other teams the same question?

I'll answer for him.

Yes, it is quite common to ask a poster from another fan base why they are posting in another team's forum. Some posters come into other forums simply as trolls, to stir up things, and some of your comments seem like they are a little trollish, like "are you on drugs?"

Well when someone starts making off the wall comments it kinda makes you wonder if they are..

I ask him a question in another thread, instead of coming up with an intelligent answer he chose to deflect and started his incoherent ramblings.
To steal one of your favorite lines “You still butthurt?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
VA49er":3cdrhciz said:
SantaClaraHawk":3cdrhciz said:

You probably think because you're dining at a restaurant maskless you're safe because covid knows the difference.

I know I'm six times less likely to get it, and over 30 times less likely to need hospitalization, than someone who didn't get the shot. Shrug.

Anyway, we're talking AR here. Since you don't think covid matters to vaccinated people, would you endorse AR playing for Kansas City? How about a full week of practice before Seattle?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wait River, you understand why he lied? Come on, these rules are in place for ALL players. IF you're unvaxxed, you have to do certain things. He literally thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Not sure why it's so hard to understand why it's ridiculous that he lied about it. He could have just NOT had the shot, and did what other unvaxed players have done. Guys like Beasley.
Again, he's Rodgers, he doesn't think he should have to stick to rules. In his world, it's about him and nobody else.
And the way 2021 is going for the Hawks, he'll get suspended AFTER our game :?

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3joju4id said:
Wait River, you understand why he lied? Come on, these rules are in place for ALL players. IF you're unvaxxed, you have to do certain things. He literally thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Not sure why it's so hard to understand why it's ridiculous that he lied about it. He could have just NOT had the shot, and did what other unvaxed players have done. Guys like Beasley.
Again, he's Rodgers, he doesn't think he should have to stick to rules. In his world, it's about him and nobody else.
And the way 2021 is going for the Hawks, he'll get suspended AFTER our game :?

I'm a little surprised that you'd misinterpret my statement as being sympathetic with Rodgers lying about being vaccinated. I didn't feel it required an explanation. There's a difference between empathy and sympathy.

But just so we're clear as to my sentiments, I think what Aaron Rodgers did was despicable. I understand why Rodgers might have felt the urge to lie about his being vaccinated, that he didn't want to take the heat as he knew that it was a controversial topic of which he held a minority opinion. That doesn't mean that I agree with his decision.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2vf4crwy said:

Feel free to lobby Pfizer or Moderna for a vaxx that actually works and provides lasting immunity. Until then, the mandates are stupid and unconscionable policies should be disobeyed.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1dpqrq4f said:
Feel free to lobby Pfizer or Moderna for a vaxx that actually works and provides lasting immunity. Until then, the mandates are stupid and unconscionable policies should be disobeyed.

That's not the point. I would have had a lot more respect for Rodgers if he did something like what Cole Beasley did and was honest in expressing is hesitancy. What we're talking about here is Rodgers intentionally misleading people into thinking that he got the vaccine and the Packers/NFL's refusal to discipline him for rule violations.

Rodgers may have been perpetuating this ruse of him being vaccinated to protect his image and marketability. How can someone that is peddling insurance claim that he's all for protecting people from harm when he's an anti vaxxer? He's now made himself radioactive as with credibility blown to smithereens, advertisers aren't going to want him as their spokesman.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I would think that regardless of whether any fines or penalties are imposed by the NFL brass or Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers pretty well flushed any MVP hopes down the toilet with his recent actions and statements.

A first-game stinker and sitting out a game or two in isolation are also not helpful overall.

sutz

Reaction score
Oops.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/status/1457101016567013378[/tweet]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/covid-pos ... itter_page

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has caused a media flurry after announcing his positive COVID-19 diagnosis and unvaccinated status. Now, CNN Business reports that Rodgers has ended his partnership with Prevea Health—another blow to the embattled football star. Rodgers, who has been a spokesperson for Prevea Health since 2012, released a joint statement with the company on Saturday announcing the termination. “Prevea Health remains deeply committed to protecting its patients, staff, providers, and communities amidst the COVID-19 pandemic,” wrote the company in a statement. “This includes encouraging and helping all eligible populations to become vaccinated against COVID-19 to prevent the virus from further significantly impacting lives and livelihoods.”

:twisted:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
sutz":5pnzppn4 said:
Oops.

Aaron Rodgers:

EuOAlQHWQAIIHt8formatpngname900x900

VA49er

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":1m1m4axs said:
sutz":1m1m4axs said:
Oops.

Aaron Rodgers:

EuOAlQHWQAIIHt8formatpngname900x900

So much this^. AR don't give a shit. He obviously takes his right to choose very seriously.