Astros stealing signs

Largent80

Reaction score
I live 35 miles from Houston but have no allegiance.

It seems like people are desperate for negativity of any kind.

Bang...Bang....Hahahaha...Laughable on a very large scale.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ken Rosenthal now reporting that "Astros owner Jim Crane just announced the firings of Luhnow and Hinch."

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Loss of 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020/2021 too and a 5 million dollar fine. Serves them right haha!!! But what they did wasnt a big deal :roll: mlb feels differently

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":20h0z4wq said:
Loss of 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020/2021 too and a 5 million dollar fine. Serves them right haha!!! But what they did wasnt a big deal :roll: mlb feels differently
It's a big deal..It's called cheating.and it's wrong for many reasons.
That punishment is severe and people lost their jobs..I'd say that tells
you it's a big deal.
Stealing a Championship ..No big deal :34853_doh:

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3s38earx said:
Seahaaaawks":3s38earx said:
It's a big deal..It's called cheating.and it's wrong for many reasons.
That punishment is severe and people lost their jobs..I'd say that tells
you it's a big deal.
Stealing a Championship ..No big deal :34853_doh:
I was obviously being sarcastic hence the eye roll... there were posters above who said it wasnt a big deal :pukeface:

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I’m really surprised by how many were involved. I also think the punishment is too light. They should be stripped of their World Series title as well.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":jm32tc0p said:
I’m really surprised by how many were involved. I also think the punishment is too light. They should be stripped of their World Series title as well.
Agreed. And no surprise that Alex Cora was the bench coach on the Astros... then he managed the Red Sox !!! Both LA’s losses came from the same cheating coaching staff. Robbed! :pukeface: :pukeface:
I remember watching them in the playoffs and WS... saying to my buddies how crazy it is their whole lineup from top to bottom squares everything up. They smashed the ball. Never a can of corn fly ball. Everything was hard hit on a line. And we were thinking how could they be this good. Well, they cheated!

Threedee

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2uw3hsyf said:

That's how the NCAA would handle it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not a big Manfred fan but like the way he handled this, handled this better than the NFL would have, see slap on the wrist (Patriots).

Would like to see other teams AND players who were involved be held accountable as well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4bq38fi5 said:
Not a big Manfred fan but like the way he handled this, handled this better than the NFL would have, see slap on the wrist (Patriots).......
Kraft probably pays (off) at a better rate

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":7swxd3j2 said:
Not a big Manfred fan but like the way he handled this, handled this better than the NFL would have, see slap on the wrist (Patriots).

Would like to see other teams AND players who were involved be held accountable as well.

Think the issue here is that it's a common part of the game. But the Astros used tech to do it...

Seems a harsh penalty, really. But will send the message that old school gamesmanship needs to stay in the century it came about

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1sbl7mhe said:
Sports Hernia":1sbl7mhe said:

Think the issue here is that it's a common part of the game. But the Astros used tech to do it...

Seems a harsh penalty, really. But will send the message that old school gamesmanship needs to stay in the century it came about
Stealing signs IS part of the game, we used to do it in upper little league.
You cannot however use technology to do so. That is the issue.

You can combat this by changing signs frequently, but with MLB cracking down on number of mound visits this makes it harder. Though I think you’ll see more “wrist band” systems, where a coach will call out a number which corresponds to pitch on the wristband. Already seeing this at the highschool/upper select baseball level.

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
It’s sad, because I like Altuve and Correa, but they benefited from this and who knows how much it impacted their BA? And Aaron judge deleted an IG message congratulating Altuve on his MVP in 2017 lol.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I feel like the punishment was too light TBH. There's evidence of them doing it in the WS against the Dodgers, which I think warrants stripping the title from them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1rsjq9d6 said:
Uncle Si":1rsjq9d6 said:
Sports Hernia":1rsjq9d6 said:

Stealing signs IS part of the game, we used to do it in upper little league.
You cannot however use technology to do so. That is the issue.

You can combat this by changing signs frequently, but with MLB cracking down on number of mound visits this makes it harder. Though I think you’ll see more “wrist band” systems, where a coach will call out a number which corresponds to pitch on the wristband. Already seeing this at the highschool/upper select baseball level.

Yes.. like I said.. the difference is the tech component.

Just surprised the punishment was so harsh. But message was sent.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wish the NFL had the balls to deal with the Patriots like this...like someone said above they should be stripped of their titles.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I think this is more severe because it was happening during games. I guess Hinch and Cora were getting signals sent to their watch or some shit