Astros stealing signs

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Good!
It was interesting what Pete Rose said about all this
he wants the players punished also.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Curious to see how all their all stars do next season....massive drops in homers and batting average possibly? Also Yank fans are crying cheating lol yet umps always sided with them in the late 90s and early 2000s theres tons of video proof.

Attachments

• 1579051040746.jpg
    1579051040746.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1,278

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The more i read about it, the more I think my initial reaction was incorrect.

The scheme was so elaborate it goes far past "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" ethos of old school sports gamesmanship.

This was next level cheating, and the firings and suspensions are an accurate response. I do not know if they will take the Astros title away, but it is certainly under discussion.

I think this is an appropriate response to the growing use of technology in sports as well. Considering how poorly baseball handled it's steroids/performance enhancers issues, this was a surprising and significant proactive response.

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Carlos Beltran has stepped down now from his position as Mets manager. This shit is crazy!

2_0_6

Reaction score
If it turns out they really had buzzers on their key hitters to tip what pitch was coming, their title should be stripped.

BO3ChI3

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The players need to be held accountable. This is probably the biggest scandal since the black Sox.

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Cyrus12":15liecjv said:
The players need to be held accountable. This is probably the biggest scandal since the black Sox.

Exactly what I was thinking. The players involved should be suspended in addition to Houston being stripped of their title. How many fringe players were hurt by this. Imagine being a pitcher and getting your big break and then getting rocked by the Astros lineup, being sent back down and maybe not getting another shot at the bigs. The whole thing is frustrating and hurts the game and fans of it.

253hawk

Reaction score
If they aren't going to be punished, make them wear a big special cheater patch on their jersey like a scarlet letter, so that it can be transferred from uniform to uniform, wherever they go.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2u406dxw said:
2_0_6":2u406dxw said:
Interesting. The plot thickens.
Yeah Trout on PED but it's legal for him..
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
Astro's best players wearing electronic devices under uniforms
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
You know the M's got screwed out of the playoffs by some
of those Astro wins that season..Just saying

86Hawk

Reaction score
This whole thing has me so pissed off. The mariners completely blew up their whole team knowing they couldn’t get past the Astros. Remember they barely missed the postseason a couple seasons which could have ended the longest postseason drought in American sports. We play division opponents on average 16-18 games a year. So all of those games they were probably getting cheated and if we weren’t we probably get in as a wildcard.

I just watched a bunch of highlights on YouTube from Mariners vs Astros games from seasons past to last season and you can clearly hear all of their b.s. whistling and bangs on their trashcan. Felix getting absolutely torched same with Paxton and the rest of our pitchers.

Here are some videos to show their blatant cheating and it is much easier to hear if you are wearing headphones.

First video NSFW. Shows how they bang on the trash can.
[youtube]M2XNW1qHN9w[/youtube]

This video shows their whistling against many teams including the Mariners later in the video.
[youtube]xW-uEm6iRD0[/youtube]

Take away their damn championship.

2_0_6

Reaction score
At this point I don't see how MLB doesn't strip them of their title. They need to make a giant example of them about this, or something similar will happen again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I was listening to schein on sports the other day and he was saying how this has attributed to the downfall of careers like Kershaw Darvish and a few others not to mention two titles taken away from the Dodgers. The mlb really need to strike these pennant wins from the record and just award no winner for those years.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I didnt even think about the effect on Kershaw and Darvish, their postseasons against the Astros likely cost them millions of dollars.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Every person involved should be banned.

and how the hell do they look at themselves their family or anyone without feeling shamed?

Just awful.

253hawk

Reaction score
Alex Wood was onto them in the 2017 WS, that's why he changed up his signs every 8-10 pitches and gave up only 1 hit in 7.2 innings pitched.