But who's on Russ' podcast this week????

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Let me ask you this. If they had existed at the time, do you think MJ would've been making in-season podcasts?

I rest my case

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Truth of the matter is, this podcast he has is NOT helping his game so by those standards, instead of putting in additional time to improve his game, he chooses not too.

And that does in fact HURTS THE TEAM!

What message does this send the team.

If your franchise QB doesn’t care, why should they if they are vets and have been paid already?

This is a bad look, but Russ is building himself outside of football which is a TEAM PROBLEM.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2pwoo6st said:
Truth of the matter is, this podcast he has is NOT helping his game so by those standards, instead of putting in additional time to improve his game, he chooses not too.

If your franchise QB doesn’t care, why should they if they are vets and have been paid already?

This is a bad look, but Russ is building himself outside of football which is a TEAM PROBLEM.

I will entertain this line of thought if you can provide any link to any player or coach who thinks that Russ isn’t giving the same 100 he always has. Not just some random opinion but a Team member.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don't mind that Russ has multiple side hustles, but thing about his podcasts that are funny to me, is that he is constantly talking about "greatness," "legacy," and ideas like "owning the Seahawks"

Maybe he needs to come back down to Earth mentally and focus on the present season.

No time to sleep? He sure looks like he hasn't had much sleep lately, and it's showing on the field. Maybe he needs an extra hour of sleep. Maybe it'll help his performance on game day.

rcaido

Reaction score
Look at Wilson previous years...He's having his best season this year. Enough with the podcast distraction...

You can have bad games, you can even have several bad games in a season and still be elite. Rodgers has had lots of bad games, hell one whole season he was just above average.

You guys set the bar to high for Wilson, he cant play HOF numbers every game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ah, yes, Russell Wilson, the famous quarterback noted for his impeccable work ethic and incomparably obsessive preparation, is now too distracted to play good football.

Good lord.

rcaido

Reaction score
Also someone mention Michael Jordan, I mean that GOAT practically is the reason why people want to work on their brand. He was pioneer of marketing himself. Doing tons of commercials. He worked on his brand to become a billionaire & business owner. I guarantee you Jordan would have done the podcast if it were to promote his brand. He had the "distraction" and was still able to be the greatest. Oh & MJ did have bad games too.

Wilson has that same DNA to be the greatest.

ducks41468

Reaction score
rcaido":3j1re20l said:
Also someone mention Michael Jordan, I mean that GOAT practically is the reason why people want to work on their brand. He was pioneer of marketing himself. Doing tons of commercials. He worked on his brand to become a billionaire & business owner. I guarantee you Jordan would have done the podcast if it were to promote his brand. He had the "distraction" and was still able to be the greatest. Oh & MJ did have bad games too.

People complaining about Wilson talking about owning the Seahawks and bringing up MJ as a counterpoint, who happens to...own a basketball team

hoxrox

Reaction score
rcaido":2znn6235 said:

This is why it is disappointing. Because he can be great. He just hasn't been in the last 4-5 games, so it is fair to question why he has not been great. And what he needs to do to get out of his slump. Because his talk of consistency and work ethic is becoming nothing but lip service at this point.

I believe this team can contend for a SB if Russell plays at his full potential. He is the single X factor that is holding the team back. The defense is coming together. Coaches will be coaches... Russell just needs to play at a high level again and this team can beat anyone in the NFC. Then who knows what might happen in the SB...

olyfan63

Reaction score
zchurch74":268cjkbe said:
EXACTLY!!! Finally someone who gets it. Russ is too series about his $h!t off the field then on it.
You guys have a "rotating trophy" bet? That would be pretty awesome, actually!
Weeks he's right... you advertise his sig, weeks you're right, he advertises your sig.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":743c6l2e said:
TheLegendOfBoom":743c6l2e said:

I will entertain this line of thought if you can provide any link to any player or coach who thinks that Russ isn’t giving the same 100 he always has. Not just some random opinion but a Team member.
You don’t think doing extracurricular things outside of football especially at a time when you currently ARE NOT playing your best ball is time spent poorly?

It doesn’t need to be reported by journalist for teammates to consider it time spent poorly.

If you’re Bobby Wagner, Jamal Adams, Duane Brown (players with All-Pros) wouldn’t you want your QB to be focused on getting better?

Is Wilson content with just doing the minimum, team practices, meetings, etc instead of adding additional game film study, in order to be better prepared?

Wilson used to say, “Separation is in the preparation.”

Wilson did not seem prepared at all.

How do you explain that?

He used to say, he does not get nervous cause he’s fully prepared, he showed that he was plenty nervous and hesitated a ton.

Was his podcast helping him read the defense?

No, it did not.

It seems he is more concerned now with marketing himself more so than preparing for the game.

He has become more so about himself outside of football than wanting to be great at the game that has given him his fame and fortune.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":cxng98xe said:
Flyingsquad23":cxng98xe said:
TheLegendOfBoom":cxng98xe said:

You don’t think doing extracurricular things outside of football especially at a time when you currently ARE NOT playing your best ball is time spent poorly?

It doesn’t need to be reported by journalist for teammates to consider it time spent poorly.

If you’re Bobby Wagner, Jamal Adams, Duane Brown (players with All-Pros) wouldn’t you want your QB to be focused on getting better?

Is Wilson content with just doing the minimum, team practices, meetings, etc instead of adding additional game film study, in order to be better prepared?

How do you explain that?

He used to say, he does not get nervous cause he’s fully prepared, he showed that he was plenty nervous and hesitated a ton.

No, it did not.

It seems he is more concerned now with marketing himself more so than preparing for the game.

He has become more so about himself outside of football than wanting to be great at the game that has given him his fame and fortune.

Ha! Were you saying this when he set the world ablaze at the beginning of the season? If not, sorry, don't wanna hear it. Podcast was going on then, and he was on one of the greatest tears an athlete has ever gone on.

What he does in his spare time is up to him. Human beings kind of need spare time to be effective at... anything. Doubting his preparation and mindset is so baseless that it's laughable.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":38gol0tr said:
Flyingsquad23":38gol0tr said:
TheLegendOfBoom":38gol0tr said:

How do you explain that?

No, it did not.

Well you certainly seem to know things, so how many hours a week does Russ spend doing extracurricular things? How many hours is he at the Vmac each day and what is the breakdown of his preparation? How long does he take to piss...that could be the real distraction.

When I hear ONE person that has any credibility say that Russ is not doing the things that he has done religiously from day one to give himself and the team the best chance to win then I will adjust my opinion.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":rma7bzev said:
TheLegendOfBoom":rma7bzev said:
Flyingsquad23":rma7bzev said:
TheLegendOfBoom":rma7bzev said:

How do you explain that?

No, it did not.

Well you certainly seem to know things, so how many hours a week does Russ spend doing extracurricular things? How many hours is he at the Vmac each day and what is the breakdown of his preparation? How long does he take to piss...that could be the real distraction.

When I hear ONE person that has any credibility say that Russ is not doing the things that he has done religiously from day one to give himself and the team the best chance to win then I will adjust my opinion.

He doesn't know jack squat about jack diddly. He's talking directly out of his bum and blaming Wilson's dip in performance on a friggin' podcast, kinda tells you all you need to know about his viewpoint. :pukeface:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2vzvozef said:
hawksincebirth":2vzvozef said:
Flyingsquad23":2vzvozef said:
zchurch74":2vzvozef said:
EXACTLY!!! Finally someone who gets it. Russ is too series about his $h!t off the field then on it.

And exactly how do you know this? Russ is more professional than any player I have ever seen, but please keep making statements based on your vast knowledge of the game.
Russell Wilson defender bot

Whatever, I’ve said in other posts today, he played terrible. But questioning his preparedness is ridiculous and he has no proof of his claim. Your addition to the conversation is....well...worthless
Well how about his game play? I think that’s kinda showing he’s not prepared. Wait until someone breaks this past game down and shows how many open receivers he didn’t pull the trigger for. He’s playing scared or unprepared. Or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW

Reaction score
I’m glad this topic was brought up and made in a thread, I do think the podcast is an unneeded distraction and should be dialed back until the season is over. However everyone is welcome to have their own opinions. I don’t know of any other current players with their own podcasts. The only other one is Mark Ingram. Aaron Rodgers being a guest on someone else’s podcast is completely different and is not comparable in my opinion. To me it appears “Separation is in the preparation.” is now something in the past.

mrblitz

Reaction score
did anyone ever say who is on russ' podcast this week?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PNW":2css9fru said:
I’m glad this topic was brought up and made in a thread, I do think the podcast is an unneeded distraction and should be dialed back until the season is over. However everyone is welcome to have their own opinions. I don’t know of any other current players with their own podcasts. The only other one is Mark Ingram. Aaron Rodgers being a guest on someone else’s podcast is completely different and is not comparable in my opinion. To me it appears “Separation is in the preparation.” is now something in the past.

A podcast takes a couple of hours of talking, and his media team certainly does the rest. Players go out to eat, they go to clubs, and they socialize. It's part of life, and its good for them.

To insinuate that a simple podcast is honestly derailing his preparation is a huge reach. And, again, I pose the question: the podcast was running when he had his best start of a seasom ever, by FAR. Why wasn't it a problem for y'all then?

PNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2pglz7so said:
PNW":2pglz7so said:

A podcast takes a couple of hours of talking, and his media team certainly does the rest. Players go out to eat, they go to clubs, and they socialize. It's part of life, and its good for them.

To insinuate that a simple podcast is honestly derailing his preparation is a huge reach. And, again, I pose the question: the podcast was running when he had his best start of a seasom ever, by FAR. Why wasn't it a problem for y'all then?
Firstly I’m not here to try and change your opinion, we all know where you stand, no hard feelings. Since you asked though, to me his podcast doesn’t look simple, if it was simple every starting QB would have a podcast. This year was a particularly difficult year for defenses due to covid with no offseason. So it took a while to catch up to offenses, plus we really didn’t play that many good teams early on in the year when Russ was killing it. Once we played good teams like the Cardinals, Bills or Rams, teams had game film to figure out Russ and how to attack him then things started to look how they do now. His podcast isn’t helping him solve these current issues.

rcaido

Reaction score
Wilson should also stop doing those children hospital cancer patients visits during his spare time. what does that have to do with football. Also can't believe he got married and worse had kids. How dare he have a life outside of football.

Latest posts