Carlos Dunlap said he spoke with Russell Wilson before re-si

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maelstrom,

It is hard to respond to you without sounding like a jerk. Sorry. And we have already veered off the topic..again apologies. So to the issue:

I think it is cute you think you can keep up. But when you start thinking your opinion is important enough to dictate who is a good poster or not? Then comes the ???. If you don't like the discourse, don't engage. No reason to be a DB about it.

Here is the reality. Being right doesn't get you much. So it isn't a big deal that you are behind.
I have been consistently correct on most of the big things. Does it matter? Not really.

What you like to do is take some supporting detail, prop it up, and argue that since this is wrong the rest of the analysis is too. Too bad as time proceeds it happens exactly as some of the quicker of us see. But we end up being 'right' and get to watch the same disappointing playoff results you do.

I have been consistently right about most of what is going to happen, from Harvin, Unger, Bevell, to whether we should just trade Wilson to the Jets to get Mahomes because Wilson would always be underutilized in the playoffs. Wrong on some of the smaller stuff, but for the most part - most of the direction the wind was blowing was quite clear.

And I will be correct on Carroll never reaching another SB here, or even reaching a conference playoff game again.

The list is actually long and boring, but you don't have to be a psychic just look at what Carroll did before here and elsewhere. This is the reality.

Carroll is now an aging coach stuck in the past with a roster that does not fit his predilections, not even time or likely ability to fix if he wanted, since he is NOW a below-average gameday coach with a terrible weakness in picking coordinators. He still refuses to acknowledge the NFL has changed, still trying to force tired and lower value tactics and strategies that lost much of their value years ago. Arguments won't change that, because time will bear it out no matter how impassioned the defense of him is.

You don't need to be a Vegas mentalist to pick the future with this guy. The future is basically more of the same, with slowly and not-so-slowly degrading effectiveness and results.

But all this 'being right' gets the same disappointing playoff results as everyone else. Because it does not matter. It is just catharsis and discourse.

Whatever is going on with you in your life that is making you upset enough to think this matters enough to get wound up about? Hopefully, it gets better.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1g7nuhys said:
Maelstrom,

It is hard to respond to you without sounding like a jerk. Sorry. And we have already veered off the topic..again apologies. So to the issue:

I think it is cute you think you can keep up. But when you start thinking your opinion is important enough to dictate who is a good poster or not? Then comes the ???. If you don't like the discourse, don't engage. No reason to be a DB about it.

Here is the reality. Being right doesn't get you much. So it isn't a big deal that you are behind.
I have been consistently correct on most of the big things. Does it matter? Not really.

What you like to do is take some supporting detail, prop it up, and argue that since this is wrong the rest of the analysis is too. Too bad as time proceeds it happens exactly as some of the quicker of us see. But we end up being 'right' and get to watch the same disappointing playoff results you do.

I have been consistently right about most of what is going to happen, from Harvin, Unger, Bevell, to whether we should just trade Wilson to the Jets to get Mahomes because Wilson would always be underutilized in the playoffs. Wrong on some of the smaller stuff, but for the most part - most of the direction the wind was blowing was quite clear.

And I will be correct on Carroll never reaching another SB here, or even reaching a conference playoff game again.

The list is actually long and boring, but you don't have to be a psychic just look at what Carroll did before here and elsewhere. This is the reality.

Carroll is now an aging coach stuck in the past with a roster that does not fit his predilections, not even time or likely ability to fix if he wanted, since he is NOW a below-average gameday coach with a terrible weakness in picking coordinators. He still refuses to acknowledge the NFL has changed, still trying to force tired and lower value tactics and strategies that lost much of their value years ago. Arguments won't change that, because time will bear it out no matter how impassioned the defense of him is.

You don't need to be a Vegas mentalist to pick the future with this guy. The future is basically more of the same, with slowly and not-so-slowly degrading effectiveness and results.

But all this 'being right' gets the same disappointing playoff results as everyone else. Because it does not matter. It is just catharsis and discourse.

Whatever is going on with you in your life that is making you upset enough to think this matters enough to get wound up about? Hopefully, it gets better.

For someone who doesn't much care about being right, you sure do pat yourself on the back pretty hard here. TraumaHawk level melodramatic back-patting.

Still, this all stems from you and others saying that an offense which completely flipped its neutral-down priority from run-heavy to extreme pass-heavy is the "same old" approach, when it simply isn't. It's fact. It's measurable. Go on all you want about how right you are all the time, because this is not debatable. It's fact. It was a different offensive philosophy on a fundamental level.

My opinion on the worth of a poster is fully dependent on their conduct as a poster. Ramming the same terribly-written post into every thread that crops up isn't good, regardless of whether I disagree or not.

PS: My life's pretty damn good at the moment, thanks. Kudos on being right all the time about everything, since based on your post, I'm sure you needed the validation.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3kv3w4mp said:
Maelstrom,

You know what?

I'll keep my original responses to this up, but I'll apologize for being a douchebag. You've got a point. Much of that last response was unnecessary on my part.

It's wearing thin on me, though. I've been here for 10 years. I was just a teenager when I joined. This place has taught me more about the game than any other place out there, and it was always achieved through thoughtful discussions that guys put a lot of time and thought into.

It chaps my ass that every topic has to devolve into the same argument, and I'm sorry, but it's mostly the same group of individuals (albeit, those individuals fall into two distinct factions) that have to dominate every thread with the same tropes they repeat like politicians giving campaign speeches. I indulged in this one once it was acknowledged to be too far gone, and that was probably a mistake.

I'm known for some strong opinions on players, but I try to vary my responses with concrete data that isn't manipulated and, above all, is verified to be accurate. My problem isn't disagreement, it's bad-faith engagements. Recently, I've been guilty of them on select occasions as well, which I can admit.

But, people can't even make neutral posts anymore. Have you seen the topic about draft targets/wish lists for Seattle? That same group of people spammed about Penny, McDowell, and the like despite them having nothing to do with the topic of 2021's draft. The same happens to many threads.

Again, this isn't something that really affects me greatly on a personal level, but its annoying to see the discourse devolve to a point where none of us can contribute and learn through shared understanding because of a few toxic individuals trolling the majority of threads. That's whats got me peeved.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Fair enough Maelstrom. For me, it is never personal in disagreeing with someone's perspective or analysis.

Soulfish and I went round and round regularly. Still one of my favorite posters, I love his optimism.

Actually Siouxhawk I even talked in PMs about the whole Bevell thing. He was probably right in hindsight on some of it. Bummer he felt like he couldn't come back here after Bevell was fired. And Siouxhawk and I almost waged holy war with each other here.

Some people don't like negative or complaining posts. Understandable. There is a huge difference in complaining and venting. Venting is for catharsis. I vent for catharsis. So maybe that is annoying? (When you cannot do anything to change the outcome it is your only option though.)

It isn't personal. The whole point of this is for the different perspectives that discourse creates. Opposing viewpoints or understanding what you might not be seeing. (at least that is what I value here).

I won't dislike anyone for not agreeing with me or even calling me stupid for missing something obvious. But it kind of sucked to see someone that had some physical challenges using the computer get called out when it wasn't relevant to their argument. And 'argument' is too strong a word, even if you are correct in your points made or they missed yours.

Ultimately, I am happy to disagree with someone and still want to hear why mine might have flaws, even as I defend my thoughts.

Almost every Seahawk fan I disagree with I would probably still buy a beer if I met in person. We all love the same team, maybe for different reasons but you get passionate about it because it is personal. Totally understandable.

It sounds like we disagree on Carroll being able/willing to materially change. I wouldn't dislike you because of that, nor should you expect that. As for the issue with people chiming in on the same issues? Well if there might be root causes, wouldn't that create a number of secondary issues that would each still run back to the root?