Carlos Dunlap said he spoke with Russell Wilson before re-si

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
misfit":an1r60cm said:
I just know that these OCs arent getting a fair shake when they come here

And thats easy to see. Waldron wont get a fair shake either. People expecting him to make huge changes are going to disappointed.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Waldron will do what he is told. There will not be big changes, PC has no accountability now because we have disinterested ownership. I buy into the 5-year extension being nothing more than JA not wanting to deal and letting PC makes decisions.

We have seen the same old unimaginative offense for years now. PC is not changing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NJlargent":3fawn6ic said:
Waldron will do what he is told. There will not be big changes, PC has no accountability now because we have disinterested ownership. I buy into the 5-year extension being nothing more than JA not wanting to deal and letting PC makes decisions.

We have seen the same old unimaginative offense for years now. PC is not changing.

If you think 2020 was the same offense, then you weren't watching the 2020 Seahawks.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2l741tvv said:
NJlargent":2l741tvv said:

If you think 2020 was the same offense, then you weren't watching the 2020 Seahawks.

Ahh yeah what we saw was attempt for a little bit of imagination, and at the first site of trouble we went back to same old. So there is a HUGE difference between an imaginative offense and what we had at any time last year. Even, when were humming it was not as imaginative as you think. Most of what we did was run and throw long. We just added a few wrinkles to make it easier for our long patterns to get open. If you rewatch the games which I do alot and compare to last year you will not see much difference other than, less waiting til 5 or less to snap, and our long routes having a little wiggle in them that's all. We surprised teams because no one thought PC would let that happen or keep it up for long and guess what they were right. When they had a hiccup what did PC do, he went back to same old same old, rather than adapting. Have has been said make no mistake this is PC offensive scheme and his defensive scheme. So unless he has a huge awakening this will be WIlsons last year in a hawks uniform and our last year being relevant till PC leaves.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3e2ziyfg said:
Maelstrom787":3e2ziyfg said:
NJlargent":3e2ziyfg said:

Ahh yeah what we saw was attempt for a little bit of imagination, and at the first site of trouble we went back to same old. So there is a HUGE difference between an imaginative offense and what we had at any time last year. Even, when were humming it was not as imaginative as you think. Most of what we did was run and throw long. We just added a few wrinkles to make it easier for our long patterns to get open. If you rewatch the games which I do alot and compare to last year you will not see much difference other than, less waiting til 5 or less to snap, and our long routes having a little wiggle in them that's all. We surprised teams because no one thought PC would let that happen or keep it up for long and guess what they were right. When they had a hiccup what did PC do, he went back to same old same old, rather than adapting. Have has been said make no mistake this is PC offensive scheme and his defensive scheme. So unless he has a huge awakening this will be WIlsons last year in a hawks uniform and our last year being relevant till PC leaves.

I care extremely little about everything you've said here. None of it refutes the fact that the offense last year was in no way the "same old."

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3nieidyi said:
John63":3nieidyi said:
Maelstrom787":3nieidyi said:
NJlargent":3nieidyi said:

I care extremely little about everything you've said here. None of it refutes the fact that the offense last year was in no way the "same old."

well then all I can say is reading its fundemental.!! and foe you go

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2vp8p4qm said:

Why do you feel it was so astoundingly different? It resorted back to typical Pete Ball in the 2nd half. It was the "same old".

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3qhu9ljq said:
Maelstrom787":3qhu9ljq said:

Why do you feel it was so astoundingly different? It resorted back to typical Pete Ball in the 2nd half and Schotty was the fall guy.

Simple it can't be because it restored back to Pete ball that's does not fit his narrative that it is all Wilson's fault.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
John63":1z6ovyl3 said:

Ah, Maelstrom, you lucky guy; making John's foe list!

If only everyone could be so lucky...

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":9wlzheux said:
John63":9wlzheux said:

Ah, Maelstrom, you lucky guy; making John's foe list!

If only everyone could be so lucky...

Youcan always add me to yours. trust me I dont mind one bit.

misfit

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3mm45kii said:
misfit":3mm45kii said:
I just know that these OCs arent getting a fair shake when they come here

And thats easy to see. Waldron wont get a fair shake either. People expecting him to make huge changes are going to disappointed.

I expect 2021 may be a lot like 2020. He will come in with a new look offense that surprises a lot of teams. At some point Russ will have a bad game or two and have some turnovers or the offense will sputter. At that point, PC will interject himself and force PeteBall upon this team.

When its all said and done, I expect half the fanbase to say that Pete had no other choice and saved us from Russ and impending disaster. Sometimes you have to put trust in your coordinators and let things work themselves out. What theyve been doing only gets them so far.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3vwfslnx said:
pittpnthrs":3vwfslnx said:
Maelstrom787":3vwfslnx said:

Why do you feel it was so astoundingly different? It resorted back to typical Pete Ball in the 2nd half and Schotty was the fall guy.

Simple it can't be because it restored back to Pete ball that's does not fit his narrative that it is all Wilson's fault.

That isn't, nor has it ever been, anywhere close to my narrative. You'd know that if you had actually read the posts you respond to.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ijg5eep said:
John63":3ijg5eep said:
pittpnthrs":3ijg5eep said:
Maelstrom787":3ijg5eep said:

That isn't, nor has it ever been, anywhere close to my narrative. You'd know that if you has actually read the posts you respond do.

Don't bother with them. It's just not worth it. Someone here made that ABUNDANTLY clear.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1j1s2le7 said:
Maelstrom787":1j1s2le7 said:

Why do you feel it was so astoundingly different? It resorted back to typical Pete Ball in the 2nd half. It was the "same old".

No, it wasn't. That's a narrative built on very incorrect eye tests, judged by eyes spoiled by the first half of the season. Offense was still pretty aggressively pass-heavy, 7th in the league in neutral situations IIRC.

If the offense was the same old, y'all should be happy with Pete changing coordinators. Although you'd also probably try to argue there was no change between 2017 and 2018 when Schotty took the job, which would be hilarious.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2btuv9pt said:
Maelstrom787":2btuv9pt said:
John63":2btuv9pt said:
Maelstrom787":2btuv9pt said:

I read it. I just don't care about it.

You're presumably old enough to both know how to spell and use paragraphs, yet you continue to rebel against posts that are even moderately easy to read.

Not sure why you're bent out of shape. You don't even care enough about the post to make it easy to read, why should I? I shouldn't have to play a game of friggin' Pitfall to navigate your treacherous word jungle, with my reward at the end being the loss of 1-2 IQ points.

Besides the horrific composition of the word casserole you baked up for us, the actual content doesn't come close to refuting my original point to begin with.

To anyone new/any lurkers reading, this is an example of how NOT to post. Use paragraphs. Use spellcheck, it's built in anyway, you have to go out of your way NOT to use it. Don't put "Ahh" at the beginning of every post like a pretentious museum guide. Let's take this site back, yeah?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maelstrom,

Instead of being a giant DB, you might want to explore why John has trouble posting perfectly. Just a thought.

And instead of harping on the spelling and details, maybe just dig a bit and look at why he is consistently more right than you are.

BTW We are veering off topic since the point of the thread was that Dunlap saying Wilson is staying made him come back. Likely outcome, no.

John has already communicated that he would sometimes have trouble posting perfectly, and he communicated why.

Him having a misspelled word or misplaced phrase does not get you any closer to being even close to correct.

Maybe focus on that?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2dfa8wfx said:
Maelstrom,

Instead of being a giant DB, you might want to explore why John has trouble posting perfectly. Just a thought.

And instead of harping on the spelling and details, maybe just dig a bit and look at why he is consistently more right than you are.

BTW We are veering off topic since the point of the thread was that Dunlap saying Wilson is staying made him come back. Likely outcome, no.

John has already communicated that he would sometimes have trouble posting perfectly, and he communicated why.

Him having a misspelled word or misplaced phrase does not get you any closer to being even close to correct.

Maybe focus on that?

Oh, sorry, did I offend? :(

I'm not surprised that you would assess John as consistently "more right" based on just about nothing. Feel free to expand on that one if you'd like. Nonetheless, he came at my reading comprehension, so I came at his meandering, typical disappointment of a post. Seems like fair game to me.

And, please, save the insults sweetie. I'm sticking to content of his posts, maybe you should too. :)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":m7zac2jy said:
Dang man, you take this way too seriously. Have a Snickers bar. It's a message board, not life.

I figure you can empathize, seeing as you're clearly bothered by the constant barrage of strawmen and false accusations hurled your way for having any opinion on this site (especially if your opinion is actually backed up by solid information).

It gets a little old not even being able to speak about statistical fact without being accused of having an overarching agenda which couldn't be further from my actual thoughts on the matter, and John is the biggest offender on thread after thread. He has the same, persistent MO in the classic "say wrong thing, get called out on it, write meandering wall of text with false accusation, say something about 'foe u go!!" and it's basically every thread.

You can say I take it way too seriously, but I really don't feel strongly about it. This all stemmed from me saying I DON'T care. The replies to my comments are just as serious, if not more.