DK Matcalf the next Deshaun Watson

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think people forget DK's a 23 year old kid still, at the height of his testosterone fueled power.

Probably not wise to mess with Only Fan models who could get you in trouble, but it's understandable for his age and maturity level.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3cgru56q said:
It's a stupid rule. The guy was having some fun. He wasn't showing anyone up. What an absolutely pathetic penalty, let alone acting like DK is some kind of cancer. Believe what you want. Were you cheering when he had two more touchdowns? Or did you dwell on the stupid penalty that shouldn't have been called? I think I know the answer.

To be honest, I was at the game and didn't even see what it was that DK got flagged for as I wasn't looking his direction at that moment and they didn't show it on the stadium replay screen. I'm taking your word as a trustworthy poster and from seeing a bunch of stupid penalties being called in other games this season that it's likely that your appraisal is accurate.

Of course, I was cheering when he scored both of those touchdowns. That doesn't mean that I can't be critical of him or anyone else that F-ups. If that TD/conversion put us up by 2 with 30 seconds left in the game and they got the ball in FG range because of his penalty, it could have wiped out that TD and caused us to lose the game. I don't care how stupid the call is, Metcalf has to recognize the circumstances he's in and behave accordingly. It's not that hard to do. All that's required is some self discipline.

SoulfishHawk":3cgru56q said:
It's ok, just like Russ, he will never be good enough and/or accepted my many. He's a beast and a huge part of this team. He has some growing up to do, but the league is full of guys who have to learn and grow.
It's just too bad that some of the fanbase has already decided he's a cancer who can't be trusted.

So where did that come from? Are you suggesting that because I was critical of Metcalf's USC penalty that I must also think that Russell Wilson is a cancer?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not the point at all River. I'm saying that SOME fans choose a whipping boy who they refuse to accept and refuse to budge. It's often Russ, now it seems to be DK.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pi65s5x said:
Well, there are people on this page who are Hawks fans who clearly don't like the guy. And have already made up their mind about the guy. Oh well

What we don't like is DK getting flagged for personal fouls practically every week, many of which were easily avoidable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2o8nuduc said:
Not the point at all River. I'm saying that SOME fans choose a whipping boy who they refuse to accept and refuse to budge. It's often Russ, now it seems to be DK.

As it relates to Metcalf, he's bringing a lot of that resentment on himself. He's started his TD celebration prematurely in the Cowboys game last season, jumped into the stands and pushed away a cameraman after one TD, has gotten called for unnecessary personal foul penalties, refused to step out of bounds in the Pittsburgh game, called a HOF receiver a "little boy" publicly over social media, called for excessive celebration last Sunday, and now these rumors of his soliciting sex. That stuff has a cumulative effect, so you can't really blame SOME fans for 'refusing to budge'.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mlv4pq0 said:
Come on, teams have 10 player celebrations. No fun league indeed. But because it's DK, I guess it's not ok.
Is the league really this uptight??? Are you really this uptight? That penalty was a pathetic call. He did nothing wrong.
You get fined for not wearing league approved cleats (have to be within uniform color scheme, white, black). Socks not pulled up, fine. The NFL controls their image tighter than pro golf. Think about that for a minute.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21scuk7m said:
Come on, teams have 10 player celebrations. No fun league indeed. But because it's DK, I guess it's not ok.
Is the league really this uptight??? Are you really this uptight? That penalty was a pathetic call. He did nothing wrong.

OrangeGravy":21scuk7m said:
You get fined for not wearing league approved cleats (have to be within uniform color scheme, white, black). Socks not pulled up, fine. The NFL controls their image tighter than pro golf. Think about that for a minute.

And if you're a team first player, you'll understand and comply with all that BS stuff so that your team doesn't suffer from the consequences of your ignorance.

chris98251

Reaction score
He reminds me of this guy early in his career, but nobody doubted his talent.

5e9f2a9c2200006608827652

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
RiverDog":19vqicd3 said:
SoulfishHawk":19vqicd3 said:

As it relates to Metcalf, he's bringing a lot of that resentment on himself. He's started his TD celebration prematurely in the Cowboys game last season, jumped into the stands and pushed away a cameraman after one TD, has gotten called for unnecessary personal foul penalties, refused to step out of bounds in the Pittsburgh game, called a HOF receiver a "little boy" publicly over social media, called for excessive celebration last Sunday, and now these rumors of his soliciting $ex. That stuff has a cumulative effect, so you can't really blame SOME fans for 'refusing to budge'.

At least we have someone keeping a detailed docket!
As such, which game did he push a cameraman?

hawker84

Reaction score
Again it baffles me why some folks on here can't grasp the concept that it's possible to criticize a player or coach and still like them or be rooting for them. The organization is bigger than anyone player including RW. When an individual is hurting the organization weekly, is it not acceptable to voice an opinion on that bad or indifferent? You said mean things about DK, you just want him to fail, you just want Pete to fail, my Gawd some people need hugs on this site...

Tusc2000

Reaction score
hawker84":y5c78znd said:
Again it baffles me why some folks on here can't grasp the concept that it's possible to criticize a player or coach and still like them or be rooting for them. The organization is bigger than anyone player including RW. When an individual is hurting the organization weekly, is it not acceptable to voice an opinion on that bad or indifferent? You said mean things about DK, you just want him to fail, you just want Pete to fail, my Gawd some people need hugs on this site...

You're wrong about RW. He is, right now, indeed bigger than the organization.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you are a jerk, but catch 2 TDs a game, then it is worth it.

DK is one of the most important players on our team, one of the only home run hitters we have, and one of our more marketable stars.

The Seahawks are a lot less fun to watch without him so people should probably learn to deal with some of the on-field and off-field stuff that come with the production.

If you produce, I don't care what you do.

Though, I admit to loving watching him channel his inner Dennis Rodman.

hawker84

Reaction score
Tusc2000":30ywi5zd said:
hawker84":30ywi5zd said:

You're wrong about RW. He is, right now, indeed bigger than the organization.

We can agree to disagree in that.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
hawker84":1ctmhnrr said:

The title of the thread, compares an innocent man...to an athlete facing 22 allegations of sexual misconduct and sexual assault.

If you, or no one else finds an issue with how gross that is, I'm not sure what to say. I once thought this forum was a cool place to discuss Seahawks topics. But it's disturbing that grown adults who I'd like to think has some sense, don't see the problem here.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I don't think anyone on this thread took that comparison seriously. This just turned into a: is he a prima donna or not kind of thing.

I'm more offended that the OP spelled Metcalf wrong.

rjdriver

Reaction score
OMG!

So reprehensible!

I find it absoutey disgusting and repulsive that a young man in his early 20's would have the audacity and poor judgement to invite a pretty woman (that he's already been physical with apparantly) to come over for physical relations.

What is this world coming to? When I was college age, we would have NEVER gone out on a weekend to a bar and tried to meet women with the intent of having .....I can't even say it....I'll just say "commiting sin".

It's easy to condemn behind a keyboard of a machine that hides your browser history.

Latest posts