Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

minormillikin

Reaction score
Geno passing out early int treats to Cleveland for Halloween. Lucky they dropped what would have been an easy pick six.

Defense saved his ass numerous times.
Also lucky they didn't intercept in the endzone right before the winning touchdown.
A lot more would be on the "Geno is not the guy" side if Seahawks had lost on that ill-advised throw.

That said, Seahawks are winning and there's no way he's getting benched unless we go on a losing streak. If that happens, definitely give Lock some starts. I'd be interested to see what he could do as the starter.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Also lucky they didn't intercept in the endzone right before the winning touchdown.
A lot more would be on the "Geno is not the guy" side if Seahawks had lost on that ill-advised throw.

That said, Seahawks are winning and there's no way he's getting benched unless we go on a losing streak. If that happens, definitely give Lock some starts. I'd be interested to see what he could do as the starter.
Yup.

And that's been the Geno Smith story looking back on his run as a starter. Lucky.

Hugh Millen did a breakdown on the top 10 QBs. And he found 80% of their turnover worthy plays are intercepted. He had Geno Smith at only 46% of his turnover worthy plays being intercepted. That is incredibly lucky. He is a 20+ Interception a season QB if he wasn't having such incredible interception luck.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1-2 picks/game, 1-2 tds, 250 yds. You seriously think that's top ten? Wow. Just, wow.
And while he was $ in that last drive, he had YET ANOTHER easy dropped Pick 6 in this game. This has happened several times the last couple years. He's extremely lucky that many defenders have feet for hands. But, he got it done. On to next Sunday.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I am cheering for Smith to do well. I've heard many players say the game is 90% mental. Out of the next gauntlet of games, I hope he can have a great confidence building type of game for his mental well being . A couple of picks per week is not going to be sustainable.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's our QB for now, I would like to think everyone is pulling for the guy. But if he doesn't make you nervous as a fan, I'm not sure what games people are watching.
Exactly. I would love it if he's The Guy. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

5thgen

Reaction score

Agree. If hawks are down in the fourth and depend on Geno for the winning drive, the chances of him throwing an int is greater than a winning TD. He doesn't handle pressure very well.

knownone

Reaction score
Geno will be fine. He had a bad game against an elite defense. He still grades out between the top 15 to 8 QBs. He's near the league average in turnover-worthy plays, nestled between Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, and Jalen Hurts. He can be better. But I'm no more or less worried than I was before.

warden

Reaction score
When we needed Geno to step up the most yesterday, he came through in a big way. We won the game. That was against one of the best defenses in the league which have been making offensives struggle all year long.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That is consecutive weeks where the defense dropped a would-be pick 6. And he's thrown an INT in field goal range 3 weeks in a row. There was another should-have-been-picked pass just before the game winner.

His luck has defied logic going back to last year.

It's hard to project it continuing.

12forlife

Reaction score
OKAY LOLOLOL So Geno had a "Come from Behind" "comeback WIN" over the NATION'S NUMBER ONE DEFENSE, 'The Cleveland Browns', so what's your next EXCUSE as to why he's not IN THE TOP TEN??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
Not sure if your being serious? Did u watch the last half of the 1st quarter through the first half of the 4th quarter? Geno was awful once again. He is either missing wide open receivers, or forcing passes where he shouldn't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That is consecutive weeks where the defense dropped a would-be pick 6. And he's thrown an INT in field goal range 3 weeks in a row. There was another should-have-been-picked pass just before the game winner.

His luck has defied logic going back to last year.

It's hard to project it continuing.

Oh, stop it with these accurate facts. And it's not just the last few weeks. Dropped picks happened a lot last year too.
If he just starts taking better care of the ball, he could be a damn good QB.

BASF

Reaction score
My favorite thing about the Geno detractors is how they apparently miss all of the other QBs in the league doing the same things Geno is doing. Mahomes has had the luck of the gods on his side when it comes to ints the past two seasons, but only one of you (fade of all people) have ever mentioned that when "Geno is no Mahomes" is brought up. Watch more games than just the Seahawks to get some perspective please.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
My favorite thing about the Geno detractors is how they apparently miss all of the other QBs in the league doing the same things Geno is doing. Mahomes has had the luck of the gods on his side when it comes to ints the past two seasons, but only one of you (fade of all people) have ever mentioned that when "Geno is no Mahomes" is brought up. Watch more games than just the Seahawks to get some perspective please.
Mahomes is the INT Luck god of all gods. (For a career). Not sure on where he is at this season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Mahommes wins rings. When Geno does that, get back to us.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Geno Smith's Last 12 Games

65.68%
6.43 AY/A
17 TDs
11 INTs
87.9 Passer Rating

172 yards rushing w/4.78 avg. 0 TDs

(Superior Unit Around Him)

"Washed Up" Wilson's Last 12 Games

64.53%
7.29 AY/A
24 TDs
10 INTs
96.6 Passer Rating

329 yards rushing w/6.53 avg. 2 TDs

(Inferior Unit Around Him)

"GOAT" Mahomes Last 12 Games

69.84% (Andy Reed Screen Game)
3348 (Andy Reed Screen Game)
7.72 AY/A
23 TDs
9 INTs
100.8 Passer Rating

312 yards rushing w/6.24 avg. 2 TDs

(One of the Best O-Lines, HoF TE, Lacking at WR)

Last edited:

Latest posts