Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

NJHawk

Reaction score
We do not have the talent to be more than one and done. Thats if we are even lucky enough to back our way in

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Imagine running around the internet with a Geno Smith avatar thinking you know football.

Couldn't be me.

Imagine arguing the Seahawks should cut their good players in order to keep Geno Smith on the roster with his bloated cap hit in 2024 and beyond.

Couldn't be me.

Imagine arguing that Geno Smith was the guy. And "Fade is just a hater."

Couldn't be me.

Imagine arguing that I was wrong about Pete. When I've been right, the whole time. The Seahawks aren't winning another Super Bowl under Pete Carroll. Y'all jumped the gun to crown him before he ever did anything. He still hasn't won a playoff game since the Russell Wilson trade, and has shown no signs of ever being able to get over that hump since 2014.

All that energy wasted patting Pete and Jodi on the back. John Schneider is the reason.

This thread has been a riot, thanks for the entertainment guys.

knownone

Reaction score
Imagine running around the internet with a Geno Smith avatar thinking you know football.

Couldn't be me.

Imagine arguing the Seahawks should cut their good players in order to keep Geno Smith on the roster with his bloated cap hit in 2024 and beyond.

Couldn't be me.

Couldn't be me.

Imagine arguing that I was wrong about Pete. When I've been right, the whole time. The Seahawks aren't winning another Super Bowl under Pete Carroll. Y'all jumped the gun to crown him before he ever did anything. He still hasn't won a playoff game since the Russell Wilson trade, and has shown no signs of ever being able to get over that hump since 2014.

All that energy wasted patting Pete and Jodi on the back. John Schneider is the reason.

Alright. We're 5-3.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Geno led the league in turnover worthy plays last year. He had a lot of interception luck and it appears to be running out.

He isn't progressing as a passer, instead a regression back to what he's always been is taking place for everyone to see.

This is very disappointing as he has been surrounded by the most talented offense the Seahawks have ever put on the field.

He just doesn't see the field, he pre-determines where he's going with the ball pre-snap.

If he guesses right? Success, as he is a very talented and accurate thrower.

If he guesses wrong? Disaster. Throwing into coverage, or doesn't pull the trigger for the sack due to not trusting what he is seeing.

This is what he was with the Jets. The Seahawks have better weapons and the rules favor QBs more than back then so his numbers will look better, but this not good.

The Seahawks are at a point where there is no question they must take a QB in the upcoming draft, AND consider moving on from Smith to save CAP as Geno is not worth his ballooning salary numbers going forward.

Who is this guy? Y'all should appreciate him more.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm here. Geno played poorly. But he wasn't the primary issue today. This was a colossal failure on both sides of the ball.

Dunk away, Geno Haters.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Alright. We're 5-3.
Paper Tigers.

Lost to a mediocre Rams team

Went into OT with the Lions, who are a good team but it was a nail biter.

Beat two terrible teams in CAR and NYG, that Panthers game was far closer than it should’ve been.

Lost to a floundering Bengals team trying to find themselves.

Beat the world breaker Cardinals, and had a close one with the Browns.

Destroyed by BAL today.

Of all those games only the Lions were the impressive win and the rest of those games were against bad or middling teams with no direction.

Xxx

Reaction score
What choice did we have this off season?

Reach for a QB in the draft and miss out on Witherspoon?

Trade for a QB and lose draft capital?

Go with an unknown and gamble with Lock

Free agency did not have a franchise QB

We went for a player that just had a pro bowl season for us at 25 million base salary

Geno’s contract allowed us to get Reed, Jones and bring back Bobby

Geno was our only good choice

We can reevaluate next off season

All this Geno hate is short sighted and ignorant.

Guess what the choices the team made fixed our defense and add skill to our offense

We are so far surviving a serious injury bug. Lots of good stuff happening in Seahawk land but yet people just want to complain and criticize
Fine but it stills sucks to watch thise

LTH

Reaction score

Couldn't be me.

Couldn't be me.

Couldn't be me.

Yeah it was all Geno's fault.. yeah your not the guy... LOL

LTH

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm here. Geno played poorly. But he wasn't the primary issue today. This was a colossal failure on both sides of the ball.

Dunk away, Geno Haters.
Do you find it that enjoyable to purposely delude yourself like this? Is facing reality and really analyzing what your eyes are seeing such a difficult endeavor? Hey, guess what - plays that result in nothing happening can still tell you a lot about a player, AND give predictive power that stat lines don't provide.

Yeah it was all Geno's fault.. yeah your not the guy... LOL

LTH
It was more Geno's fault than any other single person on the field, that's for sure.

907 MILITIA

Reaction score

Dunk away, Geno Haters.
If you honestly think Drew would have done better today I would have to say you do not watch enough football. Drew would have gotten his ass ate up, down and out. Ravens are really good and I do not think they will lose many more games this season. That was a superbowl team that destroyed us today. Not much else to say. Only thing id say about Geno is he could have scrambled more but id have to think he is still laboring that injury he had im not certain. Just my honest perspective.

mrblitz

Reaction score
our best qb ever was in his rookie contract. he could connect on the deep passes, and he could run the read option. maybe they should be looking for that kind of qb in the draft; even in later rounds.... big arm... accurate deep... and can scramble... that was our best qb ever... and on a rookie contract

knownone

Reaction score
Do you find it that enjoyable to purposely delude yourself like this? Is facing reality and really analyzing what your eyes are seeing such a difficult endeavor? Hey, guess what - plays that result in nothing happening can still tell you a lot about a player, AND give predictive power that stat lines don't provide.

It was more Geno's fault than any other single person on the field, that's for sure.
That's an awful lot of mind-reading and projection. Lol.

No. My eyes tell a different story. The biggest issue for Seattle was/is the offensive line. While they did an admirable job early in the season at masking those deficiencies, they've been abysmal lately. We can't run block or pass block consistently. Our offense has gone from Geno, the complementary piece, to Geno, the centerpiece. And Geno's not that guy. If we're relying on him to carry the offense when our RBs are averaging under 2 yards per carry and he's getting pressured on 60% of his dropbacks, we're screwed. There's no way around it.

Latest posts