Gonzaga BB 2020/21 season

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Interesting game -- Creighton did everything they could to shut down Kispert and (for a while) Timme, so left Ayayi and Nembhardt wide open .... that didn't work. Eventually Timme and Watson got going, and Suggs his usuall rediculous lasers ..... not fair.

Basically, Creighton's game plan worked but it didn't matter.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Gonzaga needs to turn them over with on ball pressure. Get some run outs and fast break points. If this is a half court game USC can win with all the length they have. USC has been on a tear from three we must bother their shooters as well. Biggest test this season but I believe they will be up to it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He seemed alert as he was being taken off. Scary stuff.

Meanwhile, Gonzaga playing crazy defense... challenging every pass and ball handler. And yes, they can keep it up all game.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah it kinda seems like they're trying out different schemes just to see what works against what, like a preseason game.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
This just in Gonzaga is really really good.
Timme is just incredible. A one man wrecking crew. How about those steals to start the game!
Guy is crazy good!

Threedee

Reaction score
Natethegreat":29seqcj9 said:
This just in Gonzaga is really really good.
Timme is just incredible. A one man wrecking crew. How about those steals to start the game!
Guy is crazy good!

They basically won the game in the first five minutes because of all those steals. They established that large lead and never looked back.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
UCLA really shouldn't put up much resistance. I know we've been looking for that Gonzaga/Baylor final since November, but I think Houston will win that game. Defense wins championships, right?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I really think Baylor wins that game. If Houston wins it will have to be a low scoring game. Perhaps they can shut down Baylor from three but Baylor is the better team and I expect them to win.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ftxs5iq said:
UCLA really shouldn't put up much resistance. I know we've been looking for that Gonzaga/Baylor final since November, but I think Houston will win that game. Defense wins championships, right?

Oof.
UCLA upsetting the Zags hurt man

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow, that was an insane game. UCLA hit contested jumper after contested jumper. Yet the Zags kept hitting easy lay up after easy lay up and hit some big shots down the stretch. That Suggs shot to win the game is an all timer.

Latest posts