Huskies vs. Washington State

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope. Let's go Huskies. F the Ducks.

Clear enough for you? It isn't gonna' impact my life either way. It's a game, it's entertainment. If they win, awesome. If they lose, so be it.
Still proud of this team regardless of what happens this Friday.

Xxx

Reaction score
Nope. Let's go Huskies. F the Ducks.

Clear enough for you? It isn't gonna' impact my life either way. It's a game, it's entertainment. If they win, awesome. If they lose, so be it.
Still proud of this team regardless of what happens this Friday.
I was joking with the let’s go Brandon just pointing out how lots of crowds can be pretty lame

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
They played like crap and still won. I'll take it. I figured it would be a blowout, couldn't have been more wrong.
Between Penix throwing up with food poisoning and them taking WSU lightly, imo, that made it quite the nail biter.
Let's just say I was VERY frustrated from my seat.
Side note: A special shout out to the POS Coug fans that were changing "F(*& the Huskies" very loud. Several hundred of them. Pathetic.

Enjoy your L. 12 of the last 14 in the Apple Cup to be exact.
Meanwhile, Poog and Whoregon fans trying to make something out of the Penix thing, calling him classless blah blah blah.
Dear God, lighten up. Dude had a bad game, BFD. He has won 19 games in a row, he has been nails since he got here. That kid has been nothing but class since he's been here. He's a team Captain. He's the heart of this team along with Odunze.
Anytime I hear someone say they're not impressed with Penix, I just laugh, really loud.
But I guess he's not allowed to have a bad game :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, 19 wins in a row. 19

Including BACK TO BACK wins against Oregon.
so that's why his head was stuck in the equipment locker? That makes way more sense that his emotions getting the best of him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering too at the game. Listening to post game on the way home they said he was throwing up at the end of the game, and basically was dizzy and they kind of took him off to the locker room to get fluids in him. He's not the type of guy that folds or freaks out under pressure, he thrives on it. Made a lot more sense after the fact. He needs to play a hell of a lot better on Friday.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
It's interesting how Alabama is getting praised for beating a crap team on a last second miracle. Yet when the Dawgs or other Pac 12 teams "barely win" it gets downplayed.
right? Based on SOS, Washington should be able to lose and still should make the top 4

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping so. 5 ranked teams, and w/out a doubt the toughest strength of schedule among the other teams.
I'm just happy with wins. But with this stupid committee, they're gonna' look at the fact that the Dawgs have won a lot of close games. Being at #3 is pretty damn solid considering some of the teams they barely beat. But like someone else said, 12-0 is 12-0.

I would think the wins over ranked teams hold a lot more cred than "barely beating" some of the lesser teams.

Will be interesting to see if they somehow could sneak in. Last time they were in the playoff, they were a 1 loss team.
I just don't see the committee passing up on a chance to put their precious Ohio State, FSU or Bama if any of them have 1 loss. And as much as I hate to say it, Whoregon deserves to be in the top 4 if they win on Friday.

That being said, how hilarious would it be if Oregon wins and STILL doesn't get in? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
If there's a bunch of 1-win teams, they could get shafted.
For example: Alabama, Ohio State, FSU. If somehow all 3 of them end up with 1 win, I could see the committee choosing them over Oregon. Even if it's total bs, I really wouldn't be THAT shocked. They have their favorites. Especially Bama and OSU

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The chaos situation that is the craziest would have the top 9 teams all 11-1 (Tulane would be the 9th possibly)
A situation like that leaves the UW out almost assuredly.

I would hate to be on the committee if this scenario played out…

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Fortunately, they start the 12-team playoff next year. Too bad it wasn't this year. A lot of deserving teams. The committee wants Bama and Ohio State in there so bad. They don't even try to hide it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wish there were more teams in the playoffs
For decades, I felt that the ideal number of teams for a college football playoff would be 8. Give the 5 power conferences....uh, pre-Pac 12 demise...an automatic berth along with 3 at large entries. Arrange the 8 teams by their ranking. The 4 quarterfinal games could be played on New Year's Day, making the old bowl games, ie Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta relevant again. Give the highest ranked teams their choice of 4 venues.

Reactions: Xxx

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A great chance for schools in smaller known conferences to get in. Often you'll see a small school go 12-0 and not even be ranked. Or they are in the low 20's. Liberty is 12-0 and they are ranked 20th. Sure they don't play near the competition, but I'd love to see some of these schools get in the playoff.