Crash & Burn?

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 84.1%

• Total voters

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Want them to win but I'm not invested in this season at all. Winning is fine. Draft position and changes are are fine (if they're the right changes).

Rat

Reaction score
I get the logic behind wanting the team to tank if you have no hope for the rest of the season, but my other pro sports allegiance is the Detroit Pistons. I just need to watch somebody ****ing win something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Actually, no it isn't over with a loss. But it certainly is on life support if they lose tonight. 9-8 could still get them in.

I just happen to think they're going to get it done tonight.

907 MILITIA

Reaction score
I want this team to compete for super bowls. Pete is done competing for super bowls. This team is an absolute mess. Year over year, the defense keeps getting worse, despite massive investment. And now we know that the locker room is also a mess.

If there's any chance that winning the next few games can save Pete's job, ya, I'd prefer they lose. I'll say it. I'd prefer they get absolutely stomped.

If you think that makes me a bad fan, cool. I don't care one little bit. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back and have a cookie basking in the feels of superiority.
I absolutely agree with you!!! I have completely lost faith in Pete Carroll, his schemes, the new dynamics, rule changes of the NFL has literally passed him by years ago and the adjustments made have been consistently regressive! It’s time to get on board with new science and a new era of production on the field! I know unless Pete is gone nothing will change so let’s all hope he retires otherwise more miserable football for the next few years or more!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Want them to win but I'm not invested in this season at all. Winning is fine. Draft position and changes are are fine (if they're the right changes).

That's the problem though, there's literally no correlation between high draft position and winning.

In fact, most of the perennial loser franchises continue to somehow bubble to the top of the top 10 drafters, yet they stink year after year.

Shows you that you better have all the other important factors of a successful organization in place before drafting in any draft position.

So all the fans who want losses cause they think it means a better chance at winning with a higher pick? Makes ZERO sense.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
That's the problem though, there's literally no correlation between high draft position and winning.

In fact, most of the perennial loser franchises continue to somehow bubble to the top of the top 10 drafters, yet they stink year after year.

Shows you that you better have all the other important factors of a successful organization in place before drafting in any draft position.

So all the fans who want losses cause they think it means a better chance at winning with a higher pick? Makes ZERO sense.
Higher draft position not helping us is insane. If you have something showing no correlation between draft position and winning, it's likely looking at all draft position (I.E. counting cellar dwellers that might not win more even if they get a great player with their pick) instead of isolating the cases relevant to us (the difference in players drafting in the 10-18ish range vs 18ish-25 range). I don't want losses but at this point, I'm not going to kick the dog over another one. Winning is fine. Better draft position is fine. Lets just have whatever fun there is to be had without all the whining.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I want the team to crash and burn all the way out. The issue is whenever they look remotely good and create these moral victories then it creates false hope. People think maybe the team is really that good and they just had all these other off games, not realizing..maybe the team is BAD...and the one of off win or good show is the inconsistent part. Yes I know I sound really blasphemous, but all the moral victories and false hope just delays the inevitable...CHANGE.

I stand by the bolded. I'm already reading posts about if the team can win out maybe it'll have the momentum into the playoffs and/or if the other teams aren't healthy. It's a lot of false hope into something that is not there and relying on your team lucking their way to a place they don't belong (other teams health c'mon).

Whether Geno or Drew lock, the QB is not going to win a SB (or even contend) especially with the current team around it performing like it has all year which is wildly inconsistent. If you have an all star team where the QB doesn't matter, sure you can probably win a SB with Drew or Geno..but this is not that team. Sure they can look fantastic if you take the defense of the Eagles game and the Offense vs the Cowboys, but again hand selecting false hope and not what has been the consistent product on the field.

I like what Drew did he showed clutch that Geno does not, sure we love our Hawks. But again this win and/or even winning out to the playoffs...is just gonna end up with the Hawks being exposed by round 1 or 2...a team that does not belong with the big dogs. Change is needed and change is not going to happen by these moral victory wins.

Oh and to respond to other posts you can't want a loss. I think someone else posted about Mora...imagine if he got 2 more wins and he stayed hired and PC and RW and the LOB never came on board....you really want those 2 wins? those 2 wins that prevented the change to bring in the best Seahawks football in history? It's called delayed gratification to hopefully build something better.

It's like being in a bad relationship or marriage. Stop dreaming about what if, stop thinking fantasizing about the good old days and false hope it will come back the few times you have a good date and just see what actually is. I write this as someone who went through a very heartbreaking divorce but realized now I held on for too long with false hope and denial. I don't need to do that with my Hawks either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Higher draft position not helping us is insane. If you have something showing no correlation between draft position and winning, it's likely looking at all draft position (I.E. counting cellar dwellers that might not win more even if they get a great player with their pick) instead of isolating the cases relevant to us (the difference in players drafting in the 10-18ish range vs 18ish-25 range). I don't want losses but at this point, I'm not going to kick the dog over another one. Winning is fine. Better draft position is fine. Lets just have whatever fun there is to be had without all the whining.

If you think you have the organizational hierarchy in place to draft well to equate to wins? Then you're right.

So where we pick is irrelevant if you don't think Pete is no longer the coach to take us to another deep playoff run. Which most people here now think. That's my point.

So hoping for losses with a coach you don't think is capable of doing something with said higher picks makes no sense.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Oh....so sorry for those who wanted them to lose. Oops.

Have fun pounding your chest with a the moral victory that our B- team does just enough to continue doing the same thing over and over again and then don't be surprised when the results are the same at the end of the season. Either just missing playoffs, getting in and winning one against an injured team and then getting exposed by a real playoff team shortly after. Then PC and the same stuff for another 2 years until Jody sells the team. Congrats you're the real fan.../sarcasm

DelusionHawk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Have fun with your misery. I'll go ahead and enjoy a huge win.
I mean, winning just plain sucks. Everything sucks!!!!

Someone is enjoying a win, I must put a stop to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not even adult enough to give them credit and/or admit how wrong you were. Hilarious.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Have fun with your misery. I'll go ahead and enjoy a huge win.

Oh I'm not in misery, I just see the team for what it is and I'm just bored of it. You're going to be the one super upset and crying when reality hits when they miss the playoffs or get owned by the Niners AGAIN and we as fan have to accept this team is #3 in the NFCW...maybe even just tied for it. DelusionHawk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Then don't watch and stop whining like a 5-year-old.
Nobody is forcing you to watch them play. Just another whining "fan" who seems to want them to fail. What's even more entertaining is that you seem MAD that they WON A HUGE GAME. How pathetic.
Congrats. We all see it how we want to, and that's cool.
This team is far from perfect and has a lot of issues to fix. But I'm fired up about a huge win. Sorry that hurts your feels so much.

Then again, I enjoy this, a LOT.

Last edited:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Then don't watch and stop whining like a 5-year-old.
Nobody is forcing you to watch them play. Just another f'ing whining "fan" who seems to want them to fail. What's even more entertaining is that you seem MAD that they WON A HUGE GAME. How pathetic.
Congrats. We all see it how we want to, and that's cool.

Now look whos miserable. DelusionHawk :)