Crash & Burn?

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 84.1%

• Total voters

Jegpeg

Reaction score
The team has been this for a decade now with no real chance when and if they do make the post season. Is that what you still want and if so, how many more seasons?
Ideally I want us to be better, but I also don't want us to get worse which I expect is what will happen when Pete leaves.

I hope I am proved wrong but I would not be at all surprised if we don't get into the play-offs for 10 years after Pete leaves.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The team has been this for a decade now with no real chance when and if they do make the post season. Is that what you still want and if so, how many more seasons?

Ideally I want us to be better, but I also don't want us to get worse which I expect is what will happen when Pete leaves.

I hope I am proved wrong but I would not be at all surprised if we don't get into the play-offs for 10 years after Pete leaves.
Yeah, no one wants to be like the Lions or Browns, and there's a risk that we could go on another 10 years before we find that right combination of coaches and players. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Paul Allen dispensed of a coach in Dennis Erickson who in the season he was fired should have by all rights made the playoffs, and would had instant replay been in effect. Ten years later, he dispensed of another coach after just one season along with the architect who got us to the Super Bowl. But in both cases, we were successful in finding a coach that got us to the promised land.

There's no reason why we can't do so again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

You have to try though. This constant limbo the team is in just isn't getting it.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm fine that some of you weirdos voted to hope they suck, but I don't wanna read your lame excuses. Weird ass fans, wanting teams to fail. It's just not in me. I mean I can go real dark worrying about the team, but even so I can't root for failure, nor have I yet read a valid excuse to ever root for team collapse.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't AT ALL believe our locker room is a mess, or that Pete has lost confidence with or from the players. I DO think we could improve schematically, and could take on more talent at certain positions. But I really like the way our roster is taking shape. I will NEVER root against the Seahawks.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The worst I can ever muster is on occasion, such QB frustration that you want the guy to throw a non costly pick or two till he gets benched. I mean I've never been that down on Geno yet, but there were times even with Russ, I'd had enough.

Fade

Reaction score
Like what is posted above, we don't have to hope. When the game is going live I root for the Seahawks, regardless.

However, I fully understand what is best for the long-term health of the franchise.

Heads must roll. To achieve this, they must keep losing. Big changes were supposed to happen in 2021, and they let the end of the season winning streak, keep the train wreck rolling.

2 years later, despite 2 awesome drafts, they are in the same place due to bad coaching. I do not want a Re-Pete, being stuck having this conversation again.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I want to win every damn game.

Life is too short.
The NFL season goes so fast then the long ass offseason comes.

Win every damn game possible!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And think how stupid Jody Allen and/or Chuck Arnold would appear if everything went into the shitter after canning the Pete Carroll/John Schneider duo, ESPECIALLY after they delivered the Lombardi trophy to Seattle.
Some of y'all don't think Jody Allen is grateful for what PC & JS brought to her Brother & Seahawks Fans alike?
I doubt like hell she wouldn't interface with some EXPERTS in the field before abandoning what her Big Brother had set up when he bought and SAVED the Seahawks Franchise.

She's already looked stupid by giving him his extension. The experts in the field know it's time to move on. He's got the two years left until his contract is up and then he's toast.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Your 1.36% better odds isn't worth being the annoying table karma fun killer.
I'm not advocating for playing the don't pass if the table is hot or even about average. But the second it gets cold.......I'll stick with the don't pass. I see it the same as a short-sell in the stock market. As to relating it to the hawks, I think they should try and win. If they were 3-10 instead of their current record, then I'd start "playing the don't pass."

rjdriver

Reaction score
Is anyone glad the 2009 Seahawks lost 11 games? If you could go back, do you wish Jim Mora could have pulled off a few more meaningless games out to merit another year or two?

Or..

Looking back, did failure become the requisite for needed change that brought us one of the most dominant performances in Super Bowl history?

Just curious.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy fake man in the clouds, hoping they lose? You can't be serious.
Also, what makes you think there WILL be changes even if they lose most or all of the remaining games? I wouldn't assume that one bit.
Shoot, the way Jody runs this team, Pete will probably get another extension :rolleyes: