Jalen Carter

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
We had the same discussion on the Bears board. I am just commenting on what I see. He has an amazingly quick first step and movement for a guy who weighs 300 pounds. That’s a constant no matter who he is playing against. Bears drafted a right tackle instead of a future Pro Bowl 3-tech DL…. Maybe even HOF like Sapp. That’s my bottom line.
Fair enough. Sorry I came unhinged a little bro. Carter has too many red flags for me I went over it a million last April pre combine. We went secondary and receiver because we addressed the D line through the draft and free agency guy.I bet this defense will be top 5 this year as is

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Sorry I came unhinged a little bro. Carter has too many red flags for me I went over it a million last April pre combine. We went secondary and receiver because we addressed the D line through the draft and free agency guy.I bet this defense will be top 5 this year as is
I said in April that the red flags could very well be transitory and related to his grief and guilt over his role in the deaths of two people. He would have to be a sociopath to not become mentally and physically affected only 60 days later. It appears that he has recovered to an extent but it will probably affect him forever.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Calm down.

I don't like Carter, as well because I don't believe in SEC individual players.

but you just sprew some trash comment and said Baltimore's OL is bad, which is not true.
I apologize bro there was no need for the immature response on my part. I’m excited this year for guys like DreMont Jones and Uchenna Nwosu. Also look at the kind of camp Boye Mafe is having. I like the additions we’ve made with familiarity by adding Bobby and Jarran back and picking up guys like Devin Bush and Julian Love. Also dumping dead weight of Shelby Harris and Cody “booty cheeks” Barton made the run D instantly better. Get on board with it or get left behind buddy

ivotuk

Reaction score
There's a Twitter video of him beating a right guard and getting after the QB who throws the ball away that they're using to say Jalen's an elite rusher.

Thing is, the RG he beat is 6'6" and weighs 370 pounds! I could beat that guard off the line...

GemCity

Reaction score
Whatever flags we and other numerous teams saw….was enough to pass him up obviously.

I don’t feel as bad by not selecting him as I do when they make a LJ type pick.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Just checked some articles. Sounds like he started but only played about a series. I didn’t see any reference to him being good, bad, or indifferent.

toffee

Reaction score
Just checked some articles. Sounds like he started but only played about a series. I didn’t see any reference to him being good, bad, or indifferent.
Sounded like indifferent, but these two teams practiced together and Carter was reportedly dominated.

knownone

Reaction score
Carter will undoubtedly be good if he stays focused on football.

I would have taken a flyer on Carter over an undersized corner. Regarding draft value, the two positions are not that close. And Jackson seemed like a serviceable starting corner, which lowers the relative value of Witherspoon on our team, and that's not even mentioning the slew of young depth at the position. Meanwhile, our defensive line was a dumpster fire last year and still is a little weak up the middle.

As long as Witherspoon can play, I'll be happy. But I'm taking Pete's Troy Polomalu comparisons with a grain of salt until I see his tangible impact on the field. We'll see how things work out.

GemCity

Reaction score
Honest question, do you think he would have the same success alongside Reed as he is alongside Jordan Davis and Fletcher Cox?
Great question. That coupled with being around Bulldog teammates….

I think mental evaluations are weighed heavily on draft prospects. As it’s HIPPA, the public doesn’t get a lot of feedback from the analysis.

One way or another, I think we made the right choice. And if Carter goes on to have a HOF career, our energy should be directed at rooting for our guy Spoon to do the same damn thing.

Weadoption

Reaction score
you can play the hindsight game with every team in every draft.
There is a more meaningful discussion regarding positional value relative to team need.
Avoiding major red character flags is still a solid draft philosophy regardless of the hindsight game.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Carter is a very good player having a very good start to his career. Witherspoon is a also a very good player, who has had a very strong first two games. But, we're also talking about a rotational piece who plays around 50% of the snaps who isn't in the greatest of shape; and an every down player who played 100% of defensive snaps last week.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Honest question, do you think he would have the same success alongside Reed as he is alongside Jordan Davis and Fletcher Cox?
Yes. He's been that dominant.

If you watch the film, you'll notice that he's doing this while often being doubled. He's winning a lot of the time. He's a handful for anyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts