Jalen Carter

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I expect much GNASHING, WAILING, and CRYING, if he's not our pick at #5!

I kind of hope not. We don't need guys with character issues. To some around here, he's the next football god, and I expect some to be super angry if we don't pick him. Too bad. I expect anyone with hype like this to bust somehow, by injury or whatever. Also, with our cap issues, how do you pay a guy like this?

Still I expect tons of pouting, because I doubt we take him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I expect much GNASHING, WAILING, and CRYING, if he's not our pick at #5!

I kind of hope not. We don't need guys with character issues. To some around here, he's the next football god, and I expect some to be super angry if we don't pick him. Too bad. I expect anyone with hype like this to bust somehow, by injury or whatever. Also, with our cap issues, how do you pay a guy like this?

Still I expect tons of pouting, because I doubt we take him.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I expect anyone with hype like this to bust somehow, by injury or whatever. Also, with our cap issues, how do you pay a guy like this?
I hate to break it to you, but everybody being considered for the #5 pick has hype. And no matter who we draft at #5, we're going to have to pay him. Unless you're advocating trading down?

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Carter is who I've wanted the team to draft since October, not knowing that Seattle would have the #5 pick.

His "character" concerns are overblown. This is exactly the type of player that could use Carroll's wisdom and guidance, and Carroll loves a project like this.

He will be the #5 pick, book it, seal it, bet on it. He will be the most dominant Seahawk since Cortez Kennedy, and we will look back at this day and chuckle, thinking back on our hand wringing over his off the field incident.

Welcome to Seattle Jalen Carter. Your haters will soon embrace you with open arms when they see what you can do.
Aged well for all the haters

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Biggest interviews/showcasing of his life and future to which he blows off adding 12 pounds between the combine and his pro day. A pro day he couldn’t even finish.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
I was all in for Carter, best talent at a position of need. If he was picked that meant Pete & John did their due diligence and Carter passed their tests. Taking him would have been proof in and of itself that the media reports were overblown. The corollary is also true, Pete & John did their due diligence and Carter did not pass their tests, there was fire behind all that smoke, and I'm totally cool with not choosing. Pete & John have earned my trust, that's my bottom line.

warden

Reaction score
Including the Chicago Bears, nine teams passed on Jalen Carter. One team the Cardinals passed on him twice

Teams did not have the same evaluations on Carter as the fans and media did.

Nine teams, that is a lot of scouts, coaches and expertise

bileever

Reaction score
I was all in for Carter, best talent at a position of need. If he was picked that meant Pete & John did their due diligence and Carter passed their tests. Taking him would have been proof in and of itself that the media reports were overblown. The corollary is also true, Pete & John did their due diligence and Carter did not pass their tests, there was fire behind all that smoke, and I'm totally cool with not choosing. Pete & John have earned my trust, that's my bottom line.
I agree with this. Those of us who advocated for Carter were doing it on the assumption that the background check on him did not reveal any real issues, and that the evaluation of his play was as high as the hype. Of course, there are no guarantees, but I assume that the deep inquiries into Carter's issues discovered that he would be a risky pick at number 5.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Totally apologize in advance for the saturation of Jalen Carter discussions, but since Seattle made a wave with free agency, I feel thoughts may have changed and I’d like to get an updated assessment on posters here.

Sorry, to the mods, if you guys see this as “another Carter” thread.

But, has your opinion on Jalen Carter changed since you been made aware of his potential/pending legal issues? And now the updates via free agency?

I gotta admit, I loved the potential of Carter to Seattle before his legal issues.

And then his legal issues was brought to light and then I became a lot more concerned and tapered on Seattle picking him…

However, it’s been a week or so on his situation being made public.

Has your opinion on him, changed?

Stayed the same?

Did you want him originally and not now?

Or you wanted him originally, and still kind of do?

We are for sure not knowing what the investigation holds, of course, but, now knowing that Seattle picked up Dre’mont Jones, does adding a DE/DT, such as Carter at pick 5, gives you any inclination that Seattle may or may not draft Carter?

Of course, all of this is pretty tightly under wraps, and I’m sure Seattle is doing their due diligence and investigating as much as they can, so they leave no stones unturned.

But I gotta admit the idea of Jones, paired up with Nwosu and possibly, Jalen Carter, thereby addressing this defensive line woes, still intrigues me and I guess I’m not totally against it as much as I thought I originally was following his news.

But it still remains to be seen if they throw the book at Carter and there is enough evidence to do so—we’ll see.

But I’m not so sure I’m ready to condemn the guy, if Seattle does their investigation and concludes, he’ll be fine, and actually picks Carter at 5.

The possibility of this defensive line being fixed this year, wholeheartedly intrigues me, if Carter is the pick and as talented as Carter is.

I’m not sure what Seattle will do, but I honestly feel right now, anything and anyone is fair game and open to Seattle, and Seattle will make an impact this draft. Not sure what they will do, but they will make an impact.

How does dot net posters feel now and what do you want Seattle to do, if you could choose.

No right or wrong answers, just an open and constructive discussion of insight.

Thanks again.
For all the critics, go watch the little YouTube video of Carter’s very first play in preseason. He is going to require double-teaming as he did in college. That Eagles defensive line may be even more unstoppable this season.

NoGain

Reaction score
Is Jalen Carter going to be the new Creed Humphrey or Nick Chubb for draft regrets?

QWERTY

Reaction score
Baltimore has the worst O line in football. Big deal

Dude idk why you keep making false accusations or keep lying but people won’t take you seriously. Baltimore had the 2nd best OL last season

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Dude idk why you keep making false accusations or keep lying but people won’t take you seriously. Baltimore had the 2nd best OL last season
OK Jalen Carter is a hall of famer now go stroke yourself. It’s preseason clown 🤡. Calm down and let’s see what he does in a real game. And btw even if he has a career like Cortez Kennedy I’m still glad we passed on his ass lol

QWERTY

Reaction score
OK Jalen Carter is a hall of famer now go stroke yourself. It’s preseason clown 🤡. Calm down and let’s see what he does in a real game. And btw even if he has a career like Cortez Kennedy I’m still glad we passed on his ass lol

Calm down.

I don't like Carter, as well because I don't believe in SEC individual players.

but you just sprew some trash comment and said Baltimore's OL is bad, which is not true.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Calm down.

I don't like Carter, as well because I don't believe in SEC individual players.

but you just sprew some trash comment and said Baltimore's OL is bad, which is not true.
4 starters were out on that play but go on and act like it wasn’t a practice squad. Again preseason. Let’s keep it in context. I think he’s a great potential but so are a lot of players.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
4 starters were out on that play but go on and act like it wasn’t a practice squad. Again preseason. Let’s keep it in context. I think he’s a great potential but so are a lot of players.
We had the same discussion on the Bears board. I am just commenting on what I see. He has an amazingly quick first step and movement for a guy who weighs 300 pounds. That’s a constant no matter who he is playing against. Bears drafted a right tackle instead of a future Pro Bowl 3-tech DL…. Maybe even HOF like Sapp. That’s my bottom line.

Latest posts