Josh Gordon Official Thread.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RiverDog":30ijf2gf said:
SantaClaraHawk":30ijf2gf said:
Week **17** he could be back?

Are you kidding me?

The league announces they're pulling him right before practice in WEEK 16, which is the crucial week here?

This game, and more so our Week 17 game with the Niners, isn't all that crucial. We do have an outside chance at HFA this week so I expect us to play as if our lives depended on it, but with a playoff spot locked up and home field advantage neutralized somewhat by empty/fractional crowds in the stadiums, all we're looking at is playoff seeding. With no bye, it would make sense to get some of our starters some rest and the backups some PT.

Week 17 would be just as good of a game, if not better, for Gordon to return as this week would have been. In all likelihood, the importance of the game will be reduced to that of a glorified preseason game so we're going to want to rest Metcalf anyway as he's had a few minor injuries. This would allow for Gordon to get a lot of snaps and targets and get him ready for the playoffs.

The above scenario represents one of the reasons why I don't like this new playoff format. With just one bye, it reduces the importance of Week 17 games.

I would agree with this except, our road record hasn't been that great this year. All of our losses with the exception of the Giants, were on the road.

MrFINCH

Reaction score
Sorry for the F bomb I will keep it lighter. Just really frustrated with this dude.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2x50mx21 said:
I would agree with this except, our road record hasn't been that great this year. All of our losses with the exception of the Giants, were on the road.

You have to take into consideration the strength of schedule of the teams we've faced on the road vs. at home. 4 of the 7 teams (Bills, Cards, Dolphins, and Rams) we've faced on the road, including all 3 of our road losses, have winning records while just 1 out of the 7 teams (Cards) we've faced at home have .500+ records.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RiverDog":1uptbqmd said:
Scorpion05":1uptbqmd said:

You have to take into consideration the strength of schedule of the teams we've faced on the road vs. at home. 4 of the 7 teams (Bills, Cards, Dolphins, and Rams) we've faced on the road, including all 3 of our road losses, have winning records while just 1 out of the 7 teams (Cards) we've faced at home have .500+ records.

That’s a fair point. My counter point would simply be that if we struggled against playoff teams on the road, I would rather face them at home

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":3be8mavm said:
Scorpion05":3be8mavm said:

Scorpion05":3be8mavm said:
That’s a fair point. My counter point would simply be that if we struggled against playoff teams on the road, I would rather face them at home

In a normal year, absolutely. But in this funky season like this one where there's no fans or a small fraction of fans, does it really make that big of a difference? IMO there's not enough difference to justify not giving key players or players that have been nursing injuries a much needed break.

Additionally, we'll be playing the Niners, who have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Do we really want to put Russell on the firing line when there's going to be players that don't give a rip if they pick up a personal foul penalty and instead of playing to win the game, will be playing for their jobs?

We'll see how things look Monday after things are a little more clear. If it's a question between a 2 or 3 seed, we might have a home game sewed up, leaving even less justification for pulling out all the stops in Week 17.

rcaido

Reaction score
So what's the deal with him, any updates? Is he playing this Sunday? Playoffs? Did he have a relapse?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
From everything I've read "relapse" is conclusion jumping conjecture. The official league terminology was "failed to meet/comply...criteria". The league statement craftily avoided specifying that he had failed a test.
Gordon has not been re-reinstated as yet. The league has not specified how or why he did not retain eligibility from one day to one day later. Could be a legalese issue, but if that were the case you would think it would have been resolved by now, given the timeline of this season and the term already served under suspension.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3sxnrfhn said:
From everything I've read "relapse" is conclusion jumping conjecture. The official league terminology was "failed to meet/comply...criteria". The league statement craftily avoided specifying that he had failed a test.
Gordon has not been re-reinstated as yet. The league has not specified how or why he did not retain eligibility from one day to one day later. Could be a legalese issue, but if that were the case you would think it would have been resolved by now, given the timeline of this season and the term already served under suspension.

Part of me is a little worried that it was a relapse being appealed because if it wasn't wouldn't he or the Seahawks have said so by now? I know they don't have to but you'd think Josh would want everyone to know that he didn't slip up again.

massari

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything on if he'll be back for the playoffs?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Not a word pard, and I've been listening/ looking diligently. So far as I know no one has said a word. In fact last thing I heard, or read, said was Pete saying he was not allowed to say anything.
My GUESS is he will not be available for the remainder of this year.

hawks85

Reaction score
Appyhawk":10k00d7r said:
Not a word pard, and I've been listening/ looking diligently. So far as I know no one has said a word. In fact last thing I heard, or read, said was Pete saying he was not allowed to say anything.
My GUESS is he will not be available for the remainder of this year.

Yup, I to have been digging deep. Gordon will not be back this year, and I think its BS. If Josh was on the Chiefs, Bucs, Packers, hell even the Ravens, he would have been playing 10 weeks ago, and no one will convince me otherwise. The petty BS that the Opie Taylor Commish has against Seattle is a bunch of crap. The fact that a rapist scumbag WR named AB is playing on the Bucs makes me sick to my stomach. The NFL is playing favorites and it is wrong. The NFL is rigged and I'll bet the house its a GB vs KC SB. They know if Gordon is playing with Seattle they will dominate the playoffs, and beat the brakes off of GB, and yes IF Seattle makes to the NFC Championship game GB will beat them with the help of the refs, I GUARANTEE IT!!!!