Josh Gordon Official Thread.

Polk738

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":2ngrt54p said:
I felt like Josh Gordon was going to be that Percy Harvin x-factor but that’s gone now...

In a way he still is....Misses several games only to be a flash in the pan to basically never be seen again, sounds like the Percy Harvin x-factor to me lol

HawkerD

Reaction score
Not sure if it was weed this time or not. I see where the NBA will no longer test for weed; a huge step into the 21st century. It time the rest of pro sports do the same. Even if you disagree the writing is on the wall: it is inevitable it will happen sooner rather than later.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Many are assuming that Gordon used/smoked/snorted/shot up when this could as simply as a missed test or some other technical non-compliance. It's fair to assume the worst and the league needs to provide clarity to a a fanbase that was lead to believe one thing, but is handed another. I suppose as well it's fair to speculate on actual situations too but it really is spitballing and kinda BSing. We need more information on this situation before fair comment can be made. it smalls bad on many levels and we as fans are left to wonder.

However it turns out it dampens my enthusiasm for the NFL head office and leaves open many conspiracy theories, paints Gordon as even more flawed than believed (that isn't easy), or makes the team's FO look foolish. We need clarity on this.

I hope he is allowed to play and proves again he is a highly talented player albeit flawed. For him it's been a mostly lost career to date. I want to see a redemption song and positive end to this sad story.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Well, if Gordon is appealing it and is on the excempt list, him and his agent probably know something we don’t either. Really wish we had more info. But it’s all good. We’re gunna lay waste to the Rams, as long as Wilson doesn’t ignore DK. In games he’s ignored DK we struggle heavily

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Vesuve":1f67dhce said:
F, Gordon.

And the league seems inept on this.

Very. One day after reinstating him they move him back off the cleared list (but only NOW are we hearing about it), all based on what happened a year ago, the exact incident that caused him to get things turned around in his life. Smells like rotten fish to me.

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
Maybe its a missed test otherwise he be suspended and not allowed to attend meetings.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/305 ... ource-says
"Gordon and the Seahawks were notified Tuesday that the NFL determined the receiver had not satisfied the terms of his conditional reinstatement, another source told ESPN. That makes him ineligible to practice or play in games for the time being."
"The NFL's transaction wire notes that Gordon was put back on the commissioner's exempt list Tuesday, one day after he was taken off of it."
"Gordon's attorney, Adam Kenner, confirmed to ESPN in June that Gordon's latest suspension was the result of a setback he experienced after the death of his brother last fall."
Gordon's attorney, Adam Kenner, confirmed to ESPN in June that Gordon's latest suspension was the result of a setback he experienced after the death of his brother last fall.

AROUND THE NFL/Grant Gordon
"Just a day removed from returning to the Seattle Seahawks' active roster and five days away from a potential return to the field, wide receiver Josh Gordon will not be allowed to play or practice with the team indefinitely after a setback in his battle with substance abuse broke the terms of his conditional reinstatement, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... vwca02bi6b
"No word..."

So far "no word" is the most definitive info we have. Took a year to get THAT, one day after he was reinstated. Gotta believe he was tested prior to reinstatement. Multiple times.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This absolutely stinks to high heaven. Nope. Nope. NFL botched this somehow.

None of this makes sense. If its substance abuse, suspend him again. If it happened in the past, why are we hearing about it just now, after roster moves have been made and Josh rejoined the team?

Whatever the case may be, the NFL owes Seattle and the fans an explanation. Immediately. And they're going to owe a BIG apology to the entire Seahawks organization.

Elemas

Reaction score
What makes me feel bad is this. Let's say he stayed clean. Pete said he's in phenomenal shape. It sounds like he's worked his ass off.

If he didn't relapse, which would've been an immediate ban, then what's going on?

I know he's a grown man. I know he's had several chances. Although I'm a 3 strikes screw you you're banned forever kinda guy, I don't make the rules. Being a 24 year vet, I don't agree with breaking the rules...even if I think they're stupid (like marijuana). Harder stuff...totally understand.

But, Gordon's a recovering addict that has received praise and support from our team. If he didn't relapse, then stop the bullshit and get this man back on the field. Forget
football...it's this man's life and chance to show and prove. The NFL needs to show him that when he keeps clean, good things come his way. He needs SUPPORT.

Without the substance abuse, Gordon was 100%, without-a-doubt-if-you-disagree-youre-the-one-on-drugs, HOF receiver.

I'd really like to see his career play out. Right here on Seattle.

* If his setback was a relapse, you can throw everything I just said out the window. I would still hope he gets help but would want the Hawks to drop him and move on. If he wants to be that "some people never learn" guy, find a new profession.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I just have to LOL at all the conspiracy theories in this thread. The guy is an addict, he has shown this over and over and over again. He didn't meet the requirements he had for returning. Whether its a failed test or otherwise HE FAILED not the NFL. Nor is it a conspiracy to keep him out of the league. In fact they seem to bend over backwards for this guy time and time again. Which is fine, and its also fine to have reqirements he has to meet.
I thought it odd we were still trying to get him to play as it seemed pretty obvious how it would all turn out but thats their perogative as well. Regardless he isn't some game changer for this team. People claiming he is are just wishcasting.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Natethegreat":q67prcn0 said:
I just have to LOL at all the conspiracy theories in this thread. The guy is an addict, he has shown this over and over and over again. He didn't meet the requirements he had for returning. Whether its a failed test or otherwise HE FAILED not the NFL. Nor is it a conspiracy to keep him out of the league. In fact they seem to bend over backwards for this guy time and time again. Which is fine, and its also fine to have reqirements he has to meet.
I thought it odd we were still trying to get him to play as it seemed pretty obvious how it would all turn out but thats their perogative as well. Regardless he isn't some game changer for this team. People claiming he is are just wishcasting.

Not a conspiracy theory so much as a plainly abnormal situation that puts literally everyone involved in a bad position. An absolute failure by the NFL that (at least temporarily) cost Penny Hart his job, cleared Josh Gordon and then shut him down again for something that supposedly has been known for a long time, and screwed around with the Seahawks front office gameplanning and roster planning. A complete explanation and an apology to the Seahawks is obviously warranted.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm so over the whole Josh Gordon saga. :34853_doh:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I hope the NFL does everything in their power to help him, and NOT penalize him!

Getting arrested and put in jail only extended my drug addictions. There was nothing there to help me, but I met plenty of people in jail who were willing to help me get high when I got out.

They need to pay his way through rehab, Sundown M Ranch in Yakima is like Holy Ground to me. Then they need to encourage their team to support a player in any way they can.

I know when Josh got suspended, Pete and Russell were both disappointed that the NFL wouldn't allow them to contact or support Josh which is garbage.

W

Welshers

ivotuk":2zrggxf2 said:
I hope the NFL does everything in their power to help him, and NOT penalize him!

Getting arrested and put in jail only extended my drug addictions. There was nothing there to help me, but I met plenty of people in jail who were willing to help me get high when I got out.

They need to pay his way through rehab, Sundown M Ranch in Yakima is like Holy Ground to me. Then they need to encourage their team to support a player in any way they can.

I know when Josh got suspended, Pete and Russell were both disappointed that the NFL wouldn't allow them to contact or support Josh which is garbage.
Amen brother. As a guy who has also struggled with substance abuse, I can only wish Gordon the best and hope he gets the help he needs. Punishing an addict doesn't help anyone. We need to help them.

hawks85

Reaction score
Welshers":1ijrcud8 said:
hawks85":1ijrcud8 said:
First off, no one knows anything right now. If he failed a drug test he would be suspended and done. He's allowed to team meetings and that's it for right now. He's not banned or suspended.
True, but I'm just posting what Condotta reported. He said he had some type of substance abuse setback which I'm not sure what it would be besides a failed drug test? He's back on the commissioners exempt list...
Substance abuse could be anything. It could be pain killers or sleeping pills etc...The fact that he can still attend meetings tells me this isn't serious. This is Goodell pulling some trumped up charges. C'mon guys you gotta think about this. Gordon is literally on this last chance here, anything real bad whatsoever, he's done. People saying he did the (H) or (C) drug, C'mon man. I got my own theories on this, but I'll keep them to myself, and it has nothing to do with substance abuse at all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If he failed a drug test he needs to be gone, end of story. BUT..... The NFL needs to be more transparent in how they handled/handle this.

chris98251

Reaction score
This does not sound like a relapse but a procedural situation.

Gordon went back on the exempt list because he has not satisfied the terms of his reinstatement from a suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll did not detail what caused Gordon’s status to change, but suggested that he could be able to play for the team in Week 17.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":4a1mrs0x said:

Gordon went back on the exempt list because he has not satisfied the terms of his reinstatement from a suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll did not detail what caused Gordon’s status to change, but suggested that he could be able to play for the team in Week 17.

Great news. Wish the NFL would come out and say something. Gordon is undoubtedly getting a lot of vitriol thrown his way for what honestly seems like just a horrible case of poor communication from the league.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ijl72ym said:
chris98251":1ijl72ym said:

Great news. Wish the NFL would come out and say something. Gordon is undoubtedly getting a lot of vitriol thrown his way for what honestly seems like just a horrible case of poor communication from the league.

I hope not. None of the players in the past that have been suspended have gotten any kind of support from the NFL. Regular businesses support employees in trouble much more than the league does.

Struggling players need support. If I had been treated like that, and hadn't gotten the support I did, I wouldn't be here now.