Josh Gordon Official Thread.

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":26o3uu4d said:
Maelstrom787":26o3uu4d said:
chris98251":26o3uu4d said:
This does not sound like a relapse but a procedural situation.

Gordon went back on the exempt list because he has not satisfied the terms of his reinstatement from a suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll did not detail what caused Gordon’s status to change, but suggested that he could be able to play for the team in Week 17.

Great news. Wish the NFL would come out and say something. Gordon is undoubtedly getting a lot of vitriol thrown his way for what honestly seems like just a horrible case of poor communication from the league.

I hope not. None of the players in the past that have been suspended have gotten any kind of support from the NFL. Regular businesses support employees in trouble much more than the league does.

Struggling players need support. If I had been treated like that, and hadn't gotten the support I did, I wouldn't be here now.

One reason, the NFL considers things of this nature and if it gets in the media a damage to the Shield.

Palin and simple, we will lose merchandizing, image, attendence or whatever, we gave you a chance in OUR league and you shit on it, we will fine and suspend you to make sure we are wiping off the blemish you put on OUR shield.

Don't call us we will call you after you meet our standards, then maybe if we think you are a good boy we will let you back in under conditions and will forever be suspect and tested for transgressions.

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
The team is saying he could still play week 17, so I don’t think he reoffended. This is something else, who knows what. I do feel like the league just knows he could really put us over the top and is trying to keep him off the field. It’s BS if you ask me.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Week **17** he could be back?

Are you kidding me?

The league announces they're pulling him right before practice in WEEK 16, which is the crucial week here?

This whole situation is leveling out to a situation of the absurd!

According to Kaiser Health News, 15 states have legalized recreational mj. If you're in one of them my opinion is you shouldn't have to test any more than you would for drinking.

eo620

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think he's needed. I feel the way about him the way I felt about possibly signing Antonio Brown. I don't want Lockett or Metcalf to be denied a single snap to accommodate him. If we need a 3rd receiver, they have Moore, Swain, or even Hollister and now Olsen.

What was Gordon going to offer against the Rams? 3-4 targets?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Did anyone here watch Pete in his Wednesday Press Conference( 12/23)? When asked a question about Josh Gordon he informed those in attendance that " the League has forbidden me to talk about Josh". "I am not allowed to say anything regarding his status".

In a previous post on Josh, I plainly stated that Josh would never appear in a Seahawk uniform in an NLF game. I stay by my prediction.

W

Welshers

Bigpumpkin":3jpe6oof said:
Did anyone here watch Pete in his Wednesday Press Conference( 12/23)? When asked a question about Josh Gordon he informed those in attendance that " the League has forbidden me to talk about Josh". "I am not allowed to say anything regarding his status".

In a previous post on Josh, I plainly stated that Josh would never appear in a Seahawk uniform in an NLF game. I stay by my prediction.
Well, he already did appear in a Seahawks uniform last year, he made some big catches. If you mean he never will again? That very well may happen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":12f7xmih said:

He already has appeared on field in a Seahawks uniform. Do you just mean going forward?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Dallashawksfan":2mcyxr1m said:
Wilson has enough good receivers.

He just needs to play better

Gordon obviously is sick or doesnt care.
He is done with football and needs help to live a normal life.

On the Cardinals, Bills, Chiefs, Saints, Packers, Lockett and Metcalf would be the 2nd best on the team. They could easily be shut down by a good secondary. Lockett is a polished route runner but undersized. Metcalf is a physical freak but doesn’t have the route running skills of a Hopkins, or Stephon Diggs. This is the best WR core and OL that Russ has ever had though, which was a low bar from when his career started.

Actually, in some ways I miss Doug Baldwin 2.0, who is comparable to Stephon Diggs. We miss his route running and uncanny ability to get open. Having Baldwin on the team with Metcalf would be flat out unfair.

LTH

Reaction score
All I know is Carrolls Wednesday PC he was asked 7 questions about Gordon he said he is not allowed to talk about it...

LTH

W

Welshers

Scorpion05":l3fkga6c said:
Dallashawksfan":l3fkga6c said:

On the Cardinals, Bills, Chiefs, Saints, Packers, Lockett and Metcalf would be the 2nd best on the team. They could easily be shut down by a good secondary. Lockett is a polished route runner but undersized. Metcalf is a physical freak but doesn’t have the route running skills of a Hopkins, or Stephon Diggs. This is the best WR core and OL that Russ has ever had though, which was a low bar from when his career started.

Actually, in some ways I miss Doug Baldwin 2.0, who is comparable to Stephon Diggs. We miss his route running and uncanny ability to get open. Having Baldwin on the team with Metcalf would be flat out unfair.
Metcalf is one of the best WRs in the NFL and is 4th in the whole league in receiving yards despite having considerably less targets than the top guys. He embarrassed Gilmore who is considered by some to be the best corner in the game and is the reigning DPOY. You are selling DK WAY short

RiverDog

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":mdss3qbo said:

Are you kidding me?

The league announces they're pulling him right before practice in WEEK 16, which is the crucial week here?

This game, and more so our Week 17 game with the Niners, isn't all that crucial. We do have an outside chance at HFA this week so I expect us to play as if our lives depended on it, but with a playoff spot locked up and home field advantage neutralized somewhat by empty/fractional crowds in the stadiums, all we're looking at is playoff seeding. With no bye, it would make sense to get some of our starters some rest and the backups some PT.

Week 17 would be just as good of a game, if not better, for Gordon to return as this week would have been. In all likelihood, the importance of the game will be reduced to that of a glorified preseason game so we're going to want to rest Metcalf anyway as he's had a few minor injuries. This would allow for Gordon to get a lot of snaps and targets and get him ready for the playoffs.

The above scenario represents one of the reasons why I don't like this new playoff format. With just one bye, it reduces the importance of Week 17 games.

kf3339

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is the NFL front office is an absolute joke. There is no rhyme or reason as to how they make decisions on player conduct.

You can allow a sexual deviant like Antonio Brown to play, even though he has serious cases against him for sexual and violent acts. You can allow a player who was involved with murder (Yes, Ray Lewis) and yet he continued to play and is in the HOF. You can allow 100's of players to use steriods in their day, and yet the HOF is filled with those same players. Where was the consistency in any of that? This is only a few examples.

I put a lot of fault on the players association for not having the balls to fight the league office hard and gain a more equal footing. The players should be their responsibility for conduct issues. The league office is using these cases to protect their butts. They don't want anything to harm their bottom line. That means dollars. They aren't equipped to handle these players issues. Let them deal with the financial aspects like sales and marketing to increase the total revenue for the league and teams. Leave the player issues to the players association and give them that responsibility. I am positive it would be handled in a far more fair and consistent manner.

But right now, all I see is a league front office with a "GOD" complex and no one to call B*llsh*t on them.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It's the timing of league responses that is the issue to me. They had an entire year to process the "facts", after which they officially determined him to be eligible. Then, one day later, they come up with a "nope, you didn't meet our standards for eligibility". So the league is either saying they were in error declaring him eligible, or they are in error that he has not qualified. Had Gordon failed a test during the year, the year ban would have either started over at that point or would have been declared permanent. That is not what happened or they would not have declared him eligible. I don't see how this sudden disqualification can possibly be on Josh. It has to be some sort of technicality of wording, or legality issue, on the part of the league.
I wonder who all has input regarding these decisions. Is it something that can be weighed in on by officials from teams around the league? Who is it that makes these determinations? Commish can't be handling this by himself.
The timing of this decision sequence is extremely questionable and suspicious.

massari

Reaction score
If he failed a drug test, it'd have to be for PEDs again, because weed is ok now.

Metcalf needs to tutor him asap.

themunn

Reaction score
RiverDog":3r0w6qam said:
SantaClaraHawk":3r0w6qam said:

Are you kidding me?

This game, and more so our Week 17 game with the Niners, isn't all that crucial. We do have an outside chance at HFA this week so I expect us to play as if our lives depended on it, but with a playoff spot locked up and home field advantage neutralized somewhat by empty/fractional crowds in the stadiums, all we're looking at is playoff seeding. With no bye, it would make sense to get some of our starters some rest and the backups some PT.

Week 17 would be just as good of a game, if not better, for Gordon to return as this week would have been. In all likelihood, the importance of the game will be reduced to that of a glorified preseason game so we're going to want to rest Metcalf anyway as he's had a few minor injuries. This would allow for Gordon to get a lot of snaps and targets and get him ready for the playoffs.

The above scenario represents one of the reasons why I don't like this new playoff format. With just one bye, it reduces the importance of Week 17 games.

Sorry but we are 6-1 at home and 4-3 on the road this year, with the only home loss that massive letdown against the Giants. Crowds might not be a factor but travel at 10am kickoffs still impact us in the playoffs and have done consistently.
A bye may be out of reach but playing one or 2 home games will have a massive difference on preparation and recovery between games. In a one off game its not the be all and end all, but playing road game after road game after road game means a lot of travel toll and even if we make it to NFFCG that will make it difficult to progress - there's a reason why so few wild cards make it to the superbowl and its about travel, not noise. If we can at least get the 2nd seed it guarantees 2 home games, and if we do make it make it to the NFCCG then it becomes a one off road game which we aren't too bad at.

RiverDog

Reaction score
themunn":11bw4qhf said:
Sorry but we are 6-1 at home and 4-3 on the road this year, with the only home loss that massive letdown against the Giants. Crowds might not be a factor but travel at 10am kickoffs still impact us in the playoffs and have done consistently.

The home/road differential is affected by strength of schedule. We have played just one team with a winning record at home (Cardinals) while four of our road games have featured teams with winning records (Cards, Bills, Rams, and Dolphins).

I'm not sure how many involve early starts, but since 2013, our record in the Eastern time zone is 16-3, which is a much higher winning percentage than our overall record during that period of time. The early start/east coast jinx is a myth.

themunn":11bw4qhf said:
A bye may be out of reach but playing one or 2 home games will have a massive difference on preparation and recovery between games. In a one off game its not the be all and end all, but playing road game after road game after road game means a lot of travel toll and even if we make it to NFFCG that will make it difficult to progress - there's a reason why so few wild cards make it to the superbowl and its about travel, not noise. If we can at least get the 2nd seed it guarantees 2 home games, and if we do make it make it to the NFCCG then it becomes a one off road game which we aren't too bad at.

I'm not sure if I would agree that there's a "massive difference", but I'll grant you that it's easier to prepare for a home game than it is a road game. But that has to be weighed against the benefit we'd gain by resting players like Metcalf, Olsen, Iupati, Pocic, Dunlap, et al and keeping our QB off the firing line and risking injury in a relatively meaningless game.

chet380

Reaction score
HawkerD":m66rq4tw said:
Not sure if it was weed this time or not. I see where the NBA will no longer test for weed; a huge step into the 21st century. It time the rest of pro sports do the same. Even if you disagree the writing is on the wall: it is inevitable it will happen sooner rather than later.

Agree 100% -- in the not-too-distant past, people were going to jail for possession of pot -- the marijuana = dangerous drug campaign was very effective for many years ... the ultra-conservative owners still have that mindset, so it is up to the NFLPA to put up a strenuous fight to change it.

MrFINCH

Reaction score
First post here but if it’s drugs again the dude is a ******* moron. Jesus Christ

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Welshers":2m77jhfw said:
Scorpion05":2m77jhfw said:
Dallashawksfan":2m77jhfw said:

Metcalf is one of the best WRs in the NFL and is 4th in the whole league in receiving yards despite having considerably less targets than the top guys. He embarrassed Gilmore who is considered by some to be the best corner in the game and is the reigning DPOY. You are selling DK WAY short

Metcalf has amazing speed and a QB who can throw a great deep ball. I'm not denying that. DK will be successful with his speed and size alone. In many ways he's like a young Tyreek Hill, but obviously taller. His physical gifts get him far.

But that misses the point, which is that he's not a polished route runner yet. Part of that is the fact that he's not as fluid, which is why he fell in the draft. I love DK, but a large part of his success is the time him and Russ spend together after games, and in the offseason. He still has a ways to go